Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 Order / Confirmation / Delivery Thread

I just talked to drone source witch is actually drone nerds is there real name and apparently on the dji website there apparently waiting for there second batch round two of orders.mine is supposed to be in that one so we will see if and when it gets here. on a side note the person Jeremy i spoke to on the phone was nice and gave me all the information i requested they seem like a good company but we shall see.

All e rc/amazon
Ordered 11/17
Dual controllers
Notified of shipment 1/6
FedEx
Ca
Delivery date scheduled 1/8

I threw up in my mouth a little....

Happy to say that I have now received mine today.

Once the rain has cleared, living in England this could be some time, I'll be back to give the lowdown on my experience.

V.Happy and anxious about my maiden voyage.. Just wish my living room was big enough for this badboy.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Coptershop
Order Date: today
Controllers (Single/Dual): Single
Shipment Notification Date: Today
Delivery Date: Tomorrow

Supplier: B&H Photo
Order Date: 11/12/2014
Controllers (Single/Dual): SINGLE
Shipment Notification Date: 1/7/2015
Delivery Date: 1/8/2015

Supplier: DJI Direct Online Sale
Order Date: 11/13/2014
Controllers (Single/Dual): DUAL
Shipment Notification Date: N/A
Delivery Date: N/A

I think it is really strange that I ordered long before others whom have received their craft and I still have no idea where I am in line. The only thing I see that is common here is that only people with SINGLE controller orders are getting their crafts. However I have seen mention that DUAL controller orders were being shipped with the second controller separate... Still don't know of any DUAL controller orders that have been received. Does anyone know if DJI direct orders have even started shipping at all? The only reason I ordered from them was to deal directly. I may have made a serious mistake.

Anyway, I cannot tell you how excited I am to get it regardless. But I am a little frustrated with the situation.

B&H is send shipping notifications out for their first round of orders now.
Again, only for the single controller orders. This after I have asked if they will ship the Inspire while waiting for the 2nd controller and accessories like batteries to come in form the supplier. Now they are singing a different tune. They will only ship when they have the 2nd controller and extra battery that I have ordered....

DJI direct orders have already shipped and delivered for many first wave orders. This thread has plenty of proof of that. This is only for single controller orders though. DJI appears to have screwed up and didn't ship out dual controller orders with only one controller as they said they would. I'm not sure why or how that happened but I haven't seen a single person who ordered dual controllers say they received shipping confirmation.

I ordered dual direct from DJI and received mine yesterday.. With only one controller and no indication of when the second is likely to arrive.

I really hope that I get mine soon. Anxious and frustrated at the same time. Unfortunately DJI did screw up on this one. They definitely should have had their act a little better together. Hope the bird is as good and reliable as I expect it to be.

Anybody else order direct from DJI with Dual controllers and receive their Inspire yet?

Coptershop
Order Date: 1/8
Shipment Notification Date: 1/8
Delivery Date: 1/14-1/19

Spoke with Dale over there a couple times, nice guy.

Last edited:
Reactions: turbodronepilot
Again, only for the single controller orders. This after I have asked if they will ship the Inspire while waiting for the 2nd controller and accessories like batteries to come in form the supplier. Now they are singing a different tune. They will only ship when they have the 2nd controller and extra battery that I have ordered....

Trying to have my 2 Controller Inspire still delivered in this lifetime:

Me: "Please advise on the delay of my order. I would not like for a accessory that has been delayed to hold up my complete order. I understand that the item is in stock already but that B&H thought of only shipping when the supplier starts supplying the extra controller and battery"

B&H: "We can split the order and ship the in stock items but the shipping cost will increase by about $170. Please let us know if you would still like to split the order. "

$170!!!

It would be great to track orders to see how DJI are doing in getting these out. Please post the following information regarding your order:

Supplier:
Order Date:
Controllers (Single/Dual):
Shipment Notification Date:
Delivery Date:

Please keep your posting up-to-date as things move forward.

Purchased through Atlanta Hobby
11/19/14
Single controller
Notification date via email from Atlanta Hobby:12/24/14 "We have been informed that shipments will be sent by end of month"

As of this morning, Atlanta Hobby has not received ANY Inspire 1s. Nor has there been a firm response on when they might ship. i currently own Vision, Vision+, and P2/gopro set up with monitor and FPV goggles. i enjoy flying/ filming. however Contacting DJI has been useless. DJI has done a terrible job of managing this rollout of the product, with inconsistent and misleading information about shipping delays. Rumors are starting to circulate that they filled direct orders from DJI first. Whether true or not DJI reputation is being further damaged. I'm not canceling my order yet, but the lack of communication from DJI makes me hesitant to use them in the future.

Purchased through Atlanta Hobby
11/19/14
Single controller
Notification date via email from Atlanta Hobby:12/24/14 "We have been informed that shipments will be sent by end of month"

As of this morning, Atlanta Hobby has not received ANY Inspire 1s. Nor has there been a firm response on when they might ship. i currently own Vision, Vision+, and P2/gopro set up with monitor and FPV goggles. i enjoy flying/ filming. however Contacting DJI has been useless. DJI has done a terrible job of managing this rollout of the product, with inconsistent and misleading information about shipping delays. Rumors are starting to circulate that they filled direct orders from DJI first. Whether true or not DJI reputation is being further damaged. I'm not canceling my order yet, but the lack of communication from DJI makes me hesitant to use them in the future.

In looking back through the posts, it appears there's no consistency to when orders were placed, when delivered, and who they're ordered from. Proves the point that the rollout was not planned well. How does CT Motorsports in Miami place an order in December and its delivered first week of January. Great news for the buyer, but suggests there is no organization. A simple "first in first out" would have been a start.

Supplier: DJI Australian Distributor
Order Date: 02 Jan 2015
Shipment Notification Date: 30 DEC 2014
Delivery Date: 05 JAN 2015
e74c0091840bae76264d8ba2f19c976a.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry