Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 v1 help connecting to go app

Reaction score
Happy Holidays to everyone.
I am hoping someone smart on here can help me get my DJI GO app to see my Inspire 1.

I decided to dust off my Inspire1 and wanted to take it out after at least a 2-year hiatus.
(yes, I made sure to charge up my four batteries every four months or so)

So I downloaded the DJI go app. Plugged in (Apple Original cable between the controller and the iPad)
I fired up the controller and then the Inspire.
The controller LED goes green.
I can control the gimbal left, right, up, and down and start the motors.

But no matter what I do I can't get the DJI GO application to see it.

To note here is that I never got the ( Do you trust this device) question.
Which I think I use to back in the day.

On the (Connect your DJI device) I have Inspire 1 selected.
But the "Equipment" feature is not working.

What I have tried.

Installed the DJI Go app on multiple IOS devices.
From older iPads to the latest iPhone 14 pro.
I have used 3 different original Apple cables.
I have updated the Inspire firmware to the latest one I downloaded.
I tried to update the remote firmware (1.3 I think) via USB but could never get it to load. So not sure if I did it right.

Does anyone have any idea, please we are about to head out on a trip and I, wold love, to take the Inspire with me/

PS I also have the slave controller with me.

Thank you !!

I am hoping someone smart on here can help me get my DJI GO app to see my Inspire 1.

I decided to dust off my Inspire1 and wanted to take it out after at least a 2-year hiatus.

So I downloaded the DJI go app. Plugged in (Apple Original cable between the controller and the iPad)

What I have tried.

I tried to update the remote firmware (1.3 I think) via USB but could never get it to load. So not sure if I did it right.

Does anyone have any idea, please we are about to head out on a trip and I, wold love, to take the Inspire with me/

Thank you !!
Connect the slave controller to your iPad. That should work. Whether it does or doesn't, I would make the slave controller the master controller and then try again. I suspect you have a bad USB port on your controller (they DO go bad). Exchanging Slave and Master controllers and trying to connect to your iPad(s) would flush out that possibility.

D

The DjI Go app will not work on newer 12.9” ipad pro’s. Last summer i had to have my older ipad repaired instead of getting a new one from my insurance company.

Connect the slave controller to your iPad. That should work. Whether it does or doesn't, I would make the slave controller the master controller and then try again. I suspect you have a bad USB port on your controller (they DO go bad). Exchanging Slave and Master controllers and trying to connect to your iPad(s) would flush out that possibility.

D
Sorry for the late reply. We only got back from Death Valley yesterday.. I will try connecting to the salve controller this morning. Thank you. I will also try on an older iPad. Fingers crossed it works. My replacement charger for my older Phantom 4K arrived so I will try and get that going as well.

What I have tried.

Thank you !!
Hello, I hope my communication finds you well, I have 3 drones 2 of which second hand (Used) the first A Mavic pro flew straight out the box and is in use regular. 2nd Aggghhh is Inspire 1 V2 purchased via ebay which arrived with broken Gimbal arm. However this is not my problem, I am experiencing all your listing above. I've stripped the Inspire down, removed compass board, checked all connections including antenna disc and still the Drone refuses to see R/c. Yes the same as you I can control gimbal and although it will fly I experienced my 1st crash as it went doolally then head butted a wall. Please!!! did you sort your problem? if so can you advise. Thanks in advance. Paul W.

Sorry for the late reply. We only got back from Death Valley yesterday.. I will try connecting to the salve controller this morning. Thank you. I will also try on an older iPad. Fingers crossed it works. My replacement charger for my older Phantom 4K arrived so I will try and get that going as well.
Any follow up on this?

D

Any follow up on this?

D
Happy Holiday's to you, My Birthday is always celebrated well being First on the 1st. Fond memories of our trip to Death Valley many years ago, stopped en route to our close friends in San Fran, also took the flight across Grand Canyon. Wish I had a Drone then. (90's) This Inspire headache is so annoying, My first dip into aerial photography was with a Basic Holy Stone 710, no glitches point and shoot, however very light and solid camera mount. So a used Mavic Pro, out of the box and some fantastic footage. Boys toys wanted something more professional hence Inspire. Sadly although in original flight box arrived with broken Gimbal arm (Now repaired) I'm so frustrated looking at all problems surrounding this particular drone wished I'd done more research before purchasing. I'm 66yrs with limited funds and buying new out of the question, Dji have a lot to answer to. I am now going down the route of purchasing a s/h i pad 2 as I'm an Android freak and apparently not so compatible. Never used Apple products but it seems Dji prefer to default to them. Hey Ho! another Thread in the Tapestry of life. I thank you for your kind and swift reply. Happy May Day!
Paul W. Onyer¬Edson:)o)><

Happy Holiday's to you, My Birthday is always celebrated well being First on the 1st. Fond memories of our trip to Death Valley many years ago, stopped en route to our close friends in San Fran, also took the flight across Grand Canyon. Wish I had a Drone then. (90's) This Inspire headache is so annoying, My first dip into aerial photography was with a Basic Holy Stone 710, no glitches point and shoot, however very light and solid camera mount. So a used Mavic Pro, out of the box and some fantastic footage. Boys toys wanted something more professional hence Inspire. Sadly although in original flight box arrived with broken Gimbal arm (Now repaired) I'm so frustrated looking at all problems surrounding this particular drone wished I'd done more research before purchasing. I'm 66yrs with limited funds and buying new out of the question, Dji have a lot to answer to. I am now going down the route of purchasing a s/h i pad 2 as I'm an Android freak and apparently not so compatible. Never used Apple products but it seems Dji prefer to default to them. Hey Ho! another Thread in the Tapestry of life. I thank you for your kind and swift reply. Happy May Day!
Paul W. Onyer¬Edson:)o)><
The DJI Go app doesn’t work with the latest few versions of the Ipad pro 12.9”. I had to have my ipad repaired rather than replaced by current version. Not sure about other ipads but may be the same problem. Research before you try to fly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry