Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 V2, 2nd controller unable to connect to DJI Go app

Reaction score
Just bought an Inspire 1 v2 off of FB marketplace after wanting one for years, and being stuck on the phantom 1 FC40. So basically I have no idea with anything DJI as of late. I've been reading forums and tutorials for about 5 hours and am still unsure of how to fix this.

I follow the typical procedure of booting up the controller, the bird, then plugging in my phone (s9+) to the controller. The phone senses a charge however I can assume no data is being transferred over, because it doesn't show any information on the controller within the app (firmware nor battery %, nothing), and will not let me connect to the inspire (light stays red on the controller). The other controller works perfectly, instantly recognizes my phone and boots the app, with a camera view, and can reconnect to the bird fine. I have switched phones (iphone 6) and used different cords and nothing seems to work. I have looked into the compartment housing the PB connecting the USB, and it is different than most of the videos I have seen on YouTube (
).

I reckon this isn't the worst problem I could have, the dude could've sent me 23 pounds of bricks, but I'd like to get a master-slave set up so I can have a friend operate the camera.

If the slave controller have a red light that mean it's not connected to the master controller. Follow the procedure for linking slave to master and it should be fine, look in to inspire's manual how to do it or search in the forum as this was explained on a few places, it's very simple procedure. When done, the slave will have a purple light indicating it's successfuly connected as slave.

Reactions: licensed pilot
If the slave controller has a red light that means it's not connected to the master controller. Follow the procedure for linking slave to master and it should be fine, look in to inspire's manual how to do it or search in the forum as this was explained in a few places, it's a very simple procedure. When done, the slave will have a purple light indicating it's successfully connected as a slave.

To link a slave to master, you need to be able to connect the controller to a phone with DJI Go. If you read my post you'd realize this is not working with my controller.

To link a slave to master, you need to be able to connect the controller to a phone with DJI Go. If you read my post you'd realize this is not working with my controller.
From your post it's hard to understand what is going on also you say you're inexperienced with inspire so my assumption was that you were not following the master > slave procedure correctly.

It's normal for the app on the slave controller to show nothing, no battery or firmaware versions or picture from the drone until it's connected to the master (showing red light). So in the slave app you should only have the options availabale in (settings > controller settings) for making the link between slave and master everything else should be blank. If you still doesn't have success you may try to swap the controllers and link the slave controller as master to see is it working at all. It coulbe be a broken usb port on the controller as well.

Reactions: licensed pilot
Your use of the term "THE controller" and "the OTHER controller" makes your post confusing. Edit your post to say "Master Controller" and "Slave Controller."

But I think niki is right.

D

In Niki's defense, I read your post 3 times and didn't garner your meaning from your post. Your use of the term "the controller" turns your post into an Easter Egg hunt. I just get a headache trying to figure it out. The use of screen shots, bullet points and correct terminology will REALLY help the collective figure out what's going on with your Inspire 1. Bonus points for firmware and software versions. As it stands, your original post is confusing.

Per Niki, it sounds like your Master Controller is working fine. Simply bind the Slave Controller to the Master Controller.

D

Reactions: niki
From your post it's hard to understand what is going on also you say you're inexperienced with inspire so my assumption was that you were not following the master > slave procedure correctly.

It's normal for the app on the slave controller to show nothing, no battery or firmaware versions or picture from the drone until it's connected to the master (showing red light). So in the slave app you should only have the options availabale in (settings > controller settings) for making the link between slave and master everything else should be blank. If you still don't have success you may try to swap the controllers and link the slave controller as master to see is it working at all. It coulbe be a broken usb port on the controller as well.

I may be inexperienced with it but I wouldn't be posting on the forum if it was an issue I was able to google a solution to. Let's call the working controller number 1, and the not-working controller number 2. RC Number 2 does not work as a master either, I can get into the app to the RC linking button, and it will give me a pop-up about frequencies, and then doesn't go into the beeping and light condition as it does on RC number 1. Do I unlink RC Number 1 to do this? I tried doing it while the RC number is off, but I remember reading somewhere that only one controller can be linked at a time.

I opened up the back console to find a part number, because from the videos I watch, and linked above, it seems to have a different number listed on it then ones other people have used. It is possibly the USB port not transferring data. Should I try buying a new one (with a firmer grip), and solder it on the board or should I try my hand at sending it in the DJI. I've never used the mail-in fix yet, so if you have I'd love to hear your opinion.

I may be inexperienced with it but I wouldn't be posting on the forum if it was an issue I was able to google a solution to. Let's call the working controller number 1, and the not-working controller number 2.

Excellent. This will help.

RC Number 2 does not work as a master either, I can get into the app to the RC linking button, and it will give me a pop-up about frequencies, and then doesn't go into the beeping and light condition as it does on RC number 1.

Screen shots would REALLY help here. The "pop up about frequencies" doesn't sound right. You're doing something wrong. A screen shot would instantly tell the story.

Do I unlink RC Number 1 to do this?

No.

I tried doing it while the RC number is off, but I remember reading somewhere that only one controller can be linked at a time.

Well....to clarify.... Assuming you mean "RC number 1" when you say "RC number" (more Easter Egg hunting), yes, you should be able to BIND (new word for your vocabulary) your #2 controller to your Inspire while the #1 controller is off.

I opened up the back console to find a part number, because from the videos I watch, and linked above, it seems to have a different number listed on it then ones other people have used.

It's my understanding both these remotes came with your Inspire 1, yes? Do you have any reason to believe that one of them is not compatible? Different RC models will work with different Inspire 1's. In my experience, I haven't found an Inspire 1 RC that would not bind to an Inspire 1 AC. I suppose it's possible that your #2 RC is incompatible with your AC, but highly unlikely.

Are the RC's identical? They SHOULD be.

It is possibly the USB port not transferring data.

Do this test:

* Connect your iPad to your #2 controller
* Power up the #2 controller
* Boot up the iPad
* Open the Go App (NOT the Go 4 App)

If you get this:

1593716961064.png

...you have a problem with either your cable or USB port.

If you get this:

1593717095197.png

...your USB port and cable are functioning properly.

Should I try buying a new one (with a firmer grip), and solder it on the board or should I try my hand at sending it in the DJI. I've never used the mail-in fix yet, so if you have I'd love to hear your opinion.

Try the above test first and post your results.

D

Reactions: niki
With an android phone it needs to be set up to transfer data through the USB connection. On my Motorola phones I have to go into developer mode, look into that for your phone.

I would like to take this opportunity to commend the respondents to this call for help. You folks continue to exhibit an abundant amount of patience when responding to less than appreciative members who impatiently seek HELP. Bravo! Thanks for being there, you are most appreciated.

Best regards.

Your use of the term "THE controller" and "the OTHER controller" makes your post confusing. Edit your post to say "Master Controller" and "Slave Controller."

But I think niki is right.

D
Sorry, I understand the nation is doing away with that vernacular: "SLAVE & MASTER" .... there are millions of lines of computer code that are going to need be edited and recompiled!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I understand the nation is doing away with that vernacular: "SLAVE & MASTER" .... there are millions of lines of computer code that are going to need be edited and recompiled!!!!!!!!

LOL....touché, sir. Nicely played!

D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido