Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 vs Phantom 4's (all versions)

Reaction score
Hoping not to be controversial nor provoking, but seems to me the Phantoms 'fly' better than the Inspire 1. Of course got the Inspire for its photographic capabilities not its flying attributes, but was somewhat surprised that the Phantoms seem more stable in windy (not excessive) weather. My guess is just plain surface area and a larger profile, plus that significant difference in weight and the motors load, are the main culprits rather than any electronic/software problem.

The only reason I'm posting this is that I continue to read more, fly more, and watch this website, I learn something new. Eg: A recent post about load put on gear motors when on rough surface and changing fly/travel mode.

I own P4P, I2 and recently purchased two I1's. The I2 is by far the smoothest of them all. Too big for close quarter shoots. The P4P is a close second to the I2 and is what I use the most for RGB shoots due it's stability and low profile. The I1's recently added to my inventory are just for thermal XT payload. Stability, camera and over all handling puts it in last place, but for XT payload Thermal work you can't beat the price and the inventory for parts and spare batteries is still good, cheap inventory.

While this term is acceptable on my BMW motorcycle forum(s) it may be censored here. Here goes . . . I'm trying not to become a drone whore, that is fill up the house with drones. I lost my wife to cancer almost three years ago and am not without means and can pretty much do what I want. At the risk of severe criticism and/or humor, I have two Inspire 1's and two Phantom 4's. Both are version upgrades. I have the Z3 zoom and X5 and have been an off-on photographer all of my life. Not videographer. Now that you have sufficiently taunted me about the I2 I now have to read if any thing I own is I2 compatible e.g Dont think either Z5 nor Z3 zoom will work, and likely the controllers won't work, and not even sure if the TB48's make the cut. LOL

I have both a Phantom 4P and an Inspire 1 (not to mention two Mavics) and have also owned a couple of earlier Phantoms. There is no doubt that as new Phantom and Mavic models have come out, each has been more stable than the last. The Inspire 1 is quite a venerable aircraft by now and definitely moves about more in the hover than the P4P.

That said I enjoy flying it more than any of the others - an awesome beast.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips