Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!
Reaction score
Hey there everyone

I have sort of "outgrown" my standard Inspire 1v1 with X3 camera, which is about 16 to 18 months old.
My needs actually call for a Z3 camera (zoom) and most likely an XT camera (thermal) too, in the near future.

Do I upgrade my I1v1 with the I1v2 ESCs, motors, 1345T props, quick release prop mounts and X5 style camera mount, or buy a completely brand new I1v2 aircraft?

Would this upgrade be easy enough to perform myself, or would it be better entrusted to an official DJI supplier / service center?

Would appreciate some informed feedback.

In anticipation...

Hey there everyone

I have sort of "outgrown" my standard Inspire 1v1 with X3 camera, which is about 16 to 18 months old.
My needs actually call for a Z3 camera (zoom) and most likely an XT camera (thermal) too, in the near future.

Do I upgrade my I1v1 with the I1v2 ESCs, motors, 1345T props, quick release prop mounts and X5 style camera mount, or buy a completely brand new I1v2 aircraft?

Would this upgrade be easy enough to perform myself, or would it be better entrusted to an official DJI supplier / service center?

Would appreciate some informed feedback.

In anticipation...

Just add the X5 mounting plate and leave everything else as it is. Use the saved money for more batteries. How many flight hours are on your I1?

The Z3 fits perfectly under your craft with no extra work. The V1 is just as capable as the V2. No need to upgrade, not even for a X5 (although in that case you do need the damping plate which is a DIY fit).

Unless your motors are totally worn out, which can't be, only the bearings (also DIY replacement job).

You can also fit standard threaded props with extra clips to your V1, much safer.
Now that's what I call an upgrade!:cool:

I was looking at doing the same thing as I also have the i1 v1. I always figured added components like the X5/plate/landing gear etc = more weight so therefore newer motors/props required. Is it not really a big deal? Any significant loss?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was told it's not a big deal. But I'll wait before upgrading the motors. I'll have to see how the bird handles the X5 camera and an auxiliary bat before I upgrade. It's simple DIY however. Don't be afraid

Don't believe you will notice any real benefits. My inspire 1v1 is 12 months old and I use both cameras X3 and X5. With the X3 I get 18 mins and the X5 15mins. I have never needed longer than 10mins for any commercial job, The Inspire 1v1 does everything I need: like the man said save your money and buy more batteries.

Good morning guys

After getting some local pricing and reading up on the subject, it is decided.
Just the Z3 and an additional battery or 2.

If I must to do anything else, it will most likely be the I1v2 props or the LP carbon props.

Thanks again for the positive feedback!

Don't believe you will notice any real benefits. My inspire 1v1 is 12 months old and I use both cameras X3 and X5. With the X3 I get 18 mins and the X5 15mins. I have never needed longer than 10mins for any commercial job, The Inspire 1v1 does everything I need: like the man said save your money and buy more batteries.

How many minutes do you et with the tb47?? What abou flying the inspire in the wind? Is there any problem with v1 motors and x5 camera? Whats yiur top speed?

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

Only use the TB48 but I suspect around 3 mins less. No problems in wind with the x5 the aircraft is more stable as it is heavier. The aircraft flies superbly with v1 motors and X5. Top speed will be close to the specifications, not interested in speed for my work. Thinking of putting dual battery configuration in,and I am still not worried about v1 motors.

Sent from my iPad using InspirePilots

Only use the TB48 but I suspect around 3 mins less. No problems in wind with the x5 the aircraft is more stable as it is heavier. The aircraft flies superbly with v1 motors and X5. Top speed will be close to the specifications, not interested in speed for my work. Thinking of putting dual battery configuration in,and I am still not worried about v1 motors.

Sent from my iPad using InspirePilots

Whats the top speed of the specifications?

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84