Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 Shot down tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help with the math.

Angle of entry is 53 degrees.

I was at 357'

24bb755e091acdd676aa6bac092958e4.png
6ef7e24a8003ee683a9a53de6561b6eb.jpg
f187fa414b8b7a478200b35fd2f98c25.jpg
View attachment 13299

Thanks for this. Sorry I have been away. I am not sure if you got all the measurements needed unless I am miss reading something.

There should be two angles from each X and Z axis of the inspire. Were these both 53 degrees? Also I think a wide tolerance will be needed for this since we're are sort of guessing at this point. Maybe +- 5 degrees or even 10 to account for anything we can't see without a log file. That would give you more of an area than a pinpoint location which could be better at the moment. Also do you know how to retrieve a log file from the inspire? I don't but if you can find your imu angle at the time of the shot, that can counter and give you the correct angles and get a better projection of the shot.

Reactions: Brad Jones
Do not mess with the local police force they are usually covered up with "other" stuff.

Call the state patrol, they will do an investigation.

In addition you need to notify the local FBI and the FAA asking both for a full investigation into everything.

The dweeb who shot your bird created a very dangerous situation and needs to be stopped.

If you were within the law with your flight they will follow up on this.

If you were not they will still follow up on this.

The being within the law on your part is very important.

It is also helpful to call your local TV stations and newspapers.

Be prepared to spin this in a positive direction for Drones as most TV stations look for the negative in this.

You can catch this guy and use this as a positive message for change.

Be prepared for a possible battle but if you are within the bounds of the law it will be worth it.

I would even setup a fund me page for any legal costs I will contribute.

The station I used to work at has already done one story, and one of the local papers (county paper) is doing one. I'm trying to get the other stations to do one and the Knoxville News-Sentinel as well. So far no luck with them.

The FAA contacted me via email this morning, which is good.

The main thing I want out of all this is that it doesn't happen again and that others don't decide they want to shoot it down as well.

Thanks for this. Sorry I have been away. I am not sure if you got all the measurements needed unless I am miss reading something.

There should be two angles from each X and Z axis of the inspire. Were these both 53 degrees? Also I think a wide tolerance will be needed for this since we're are sort of guessing at this point. Maybe +- 5 degrees or even 10 to account for anything we can't see without a log file. That would give you more of an area than a pinpoint location which could be better at the moment. Also do you know how to retrieve a log file from the inspire? I don't but if you can find your imu angle at the time of the shot, that can counter and give you the correct angles and get a better projection of the shot.

I'm not real sure, but I'll see what I can figure out.

Thanks

The FAA contacted me via email this morning, which is good.

The main thing I want out of all this is that it doesn't happen again and that others don't decide they want to shoot it down as well.

The main/most important thing you can do is shout to anyone withing shouting distance,
"I want to press charges"
No DA or Detective wants to waste their time, so tell everyone, "I want to press charges!!"

The main/most important thing you can do is shout to anyone withing shouting distance,
"I want to press charges"
No DA or Detective wants to waste their time, so tell everyone, "I want to press charges!!"

Gotcha!

Spoke with the FAA today and they are
Pursuing the case, if the FBI will take the case. The FBI may not do anything because it's been over a week since it happened and harder to prosecute the more time that goes by. So it was promising in some part, but not promising on others.

Reactions: Scoobywrx05
Spoke with the FAA today and they are
Pursuing the case, if the FBI will take the case. The FBI may not do anything because it's been over a week since it happened and harder to prosecute the more time that goes by. So it was promising in some part, but not promising on others.

"Been over a week" sounds more like an excuse, like "if the FBI will take the case."

Passing the buck...

"Been over a week" sounds more like an excuse, like "if the FBI will take the case."

Passing the buck...

Yeah, that's what I thought too! Like he was making it sound as if he was going to work hard for me, but it was up to the FBI.

Said I should have contacted that office before a week after. Then I pulled up the email that I sent that office last Monday asking who I needed to speak with about the drone being shot down.

Yeah, that's what I thought too! Like he was making it sound as if he was going to work hard for me, but it was up to the FBI.

Said I should have contacted that office before a week after. Then I pulled up the email that I sent that office last Monday asking who I needed to speak with about the drone being shot down.

You seem to have a sympathetic ear with the local media. I'd show this to them with a little hint of "govt not working to keep citizens safe/ drones, bullets falling out of the sky," etc.

You seem to have a sympathetic ear with the local media. I'd show this to them with a little hint of "govt not working to keep citizens safe/ drones, bullets falling out of the sky," etc.

Well I work in the media, so I know several people and getting a lot of my friends to do stories on them but that will be one of the points. Why do we have to follow rules if they're not going to enforce the federal penalty to shoot them down.

Nobody cares that your 5k drone got shot out of the sky and that it's a federal offense. That's humorous to many.

They do care that it, and the bullet, could've landed on little Johnny or little Suzie's head. Or started a massive fire.

Make it personal.

Nobody cares that your 5k drone got shot out of the sky and that it's a federal offense. That's humorous to many.

They do care that it, and the bullet, could've landed on little Johnny or little Suzie's head. Or started a massive fire.

Make it personal.

I've used the kids approach. Also over a church (although they were not in session).

Several Tennessee State Laws were broken
At least 1 Federal Law was broken.

You demand the Coalfield Police and the Morgan County DA get involved.
You threaten them with a lawyer ............heck, TALK TO A LAWYER anyways.

Don't let this go !!!
This is NOT alright !!

You owe it to yourself, your insurance company, and the rest of the DJI community to make this guy pay.

(you should get your insurance company involved - they have resources and are losing money because of this criminal) !!!

Reactions: skybandit
Several Tennessee State Laws were broken
At least 1 Federal Law was broken.

You demand the Coalfield Police and the Morgan County DA get involved.
You threaten them with a lawyer ............heck, TALK TO A LAWYER anyways.

Don't let this go !!!
This is NOT alright !!

You owe it to yourself, your insurance company, and the rest of the DJI community to make this guy pay.

(you should get your insurance company involved - they have resources and are losing money because of this criminal) !!!

Well I was using my DJI Refresh, so I guess DJI would be who is involved. The Morgan Sheriff's department was involved to start. Now the FAA has turned it into a federal case.

Might still call the DA about the vandalism.

Might still call the DA about the vandalism.

What do you mean, "you might" !!!!

Call that ****** and tell him some moron shot down my $6k drone with a gun and I wanna press charges or sue the County for my LOSS !!!

You're a real pussy, aren't you !?!?

Put your foot down man, it's NOT ALRIGHT !!!

(im just teasing, don't get to excited with me, but Call the DA)

What do you mean, "you might" !!!!

Call that ****** and tell him some moron shot down my $6k drone with a gun and I wanna press charges or sue the County for my LOSS !!!

You're a real pussy, aren't you !?!?

Put your foot down man, it's NOT ALRIGHT !!!

(im just teasing, don't get to excited with me, but Call the DA)

Well it's a federal case. The vandalism is about the only thing the DA could prosecute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry