Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire RC 1.5.80 firmware update

Whats the 32 channel hack?
It's a config file which gives you back the original 32 selectable channels on the 2.4ghz band for video feed before DJI realised they cocked up and their equipment was actually transmitting on illegal frequencies in some countries.

Yes Ive just googled it. So does this still work with the latest 2.7.1? Dji are now big enough for people to start hacking their software, but it probably not that hard and it works!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes Ive just googled it. So does this still work with the latest 2.7.1? Dji are now big enough for people to start hacking their software, but it probably not that hard and it works!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes it does but you will have to change your iPad region setting to 'USA' since that what the app looks for as to whether allowing it or not.

Reactions: damoncooper
Has anyone else had a problem with not being able to see anything in the "About" feature for Android? My iPad shows all the versions of FW, but the Android shows nothing but "N/A". Also, I had trouble getting the I1 back into "Travel Mode" . I had to let it sit with everything off for a short while, then it would work. All these issues occurred "After loading the new FW."

Has anyone else had a problem with not being able to see anything in the "About" feature for Android? My iPad shows all the versions of FW, but the Android shows nothing but "N/A". Also, I had trouble getting the I1 back into "Travel Mode" . I had to let it sit with everything off for a short while, then it would work. All these issues occurred "After loading the new FW."
Yes I get the same, FW information there in IOS but get N/A in Android. Haven't tried putting into travel mode yet but will look out for this.

upgraded to 1.58 on inspire 1 c version and inspire 1v2.0 and all 3 remotes have no issues works great 1st time around have iPhone 6 and mini pad not 1 issue i got lucky maybe?

upgraded to 1.58 on inspire 1 c version and inspire 1v2.0 and all 3 remotes have no issues works great 1st time around have iPhone 6 and mini pad not 1 issue i got lucky maybe?

Check your range to see how long it takes before your video breaks, mine has been affected since 1.5.80

What's your range observation on the new vs old FW?

I usualy got about 1.5km in this same area (LOS)
On the 1.5.80 firmware I was getting breakups between 150m to 700m most notabliy at 150m at 25m altitude. Did the usualy channel checks. Your mileage may vary. Is almost like the transmission DB has been lowered.

I've done all my flights on the same firmware and have had flights where I had signal loss and video break up at 100m and other flights, with the same firmware, where I was able to go 1.7 miles without break up or signal loss.

I'm convinced the major source of comm issues is interference and that the copter and RC get screwed up real easily when the area has some noise sources.

Brian

I got this in an email on 3/18

New firmware update is available for the Inspire 1, please visit http://www.dji.com/product/inspire-1/info#downloads to download the firmware to update your device. Click here for a guide on updating.

The Inspire 1 firmware version number is updated to v1.7.0.90, the DJI GO app iOS version is updated to v2.7.1 and Android version is updated to v2.7.0.

Major Updates:
1. Added auto saving of gimbal roll-axis fine tuning settings. Settings now save on power off.

2. Fixed gimbal misalignment issue when powering on.

3. Added Digital Zoom Control when recording video at 720p, 1080p and 2.7K. Put two fingers on the screen and pinch to zoom out, open your fingers to zoom in (up to 200%).

4. Optimized D-Log and D-Cinelike color space.

5. Improved camera system stability by capping single video recording to 30 minutes.

Notes:
1.This firmware can be downgraded to v1.6.0.40 or later only.

2.Camera version v1.7.0.90 and aircraft version v1.6.0.40 should be displayed on DJI GO as this update is only for the gimbal and camera system. The version will only display correctly in DJI GO after connecting to the Internet when upgrade is complete.

3. Digital Zoom Control only supported by DJI GO app iOS v2.7.1. DJI GO app Android will support it in next version.

I got this in an email on 3/18

New firmware update is available for the Inspire 1, please visit http://www.dji.com/product/inspire-1/info#downloads to download the firmware to update your device. Click here for a guide on updating.

The Inspire 1 firmware version number is updated to v1.7.0.90, the DJI GO app iOS version is updated to v2.7.1 and Android version is updated to v2.7.0.

Major Updates:
1. Added auto saving of gimbal roll-axis fine tuning settings. Settings now save on power off.

2. Fixed gimbal misalignment issue when powering on.

3. Added Digital Zoom Control when recording video at 720p, 1080p and 2.7K. Put two fingers on the screen and pinch to zoom out, open your fingers to zoom in (up to 200%).

4. Optimized D-Log and D-Cinelike color space.

5. Improved camera system stability by capping single video recording to 30 minutes.

Notes:
1.This firmware can be downgraded to v1.6.0.40 or later only.

2.Camera version v1.7.0.90 and aircraft version v1.6.0.40 should be displayed on DJI GO as this update is only for the gimbal and camera system. The version will only display correctly in DJI GO after connecting to the Internet when upgrade is complete.

3. Digital Zoom Control only supported by DJI GO app iOS v2.7.1. DJI GO app Android will support it in next version.
That's just the release notes for the A/C firmware - we are talking about the R/C firmware.

Reactions: damoncooper
Did the update via Dji GO Android - now left with "No signal" - anyone else?

After this I tried to access the Inspire with a iPad Mini. In Dji GO - the Inspire now shows up as a Phantom 4 (!).

Hell - I just want to make a living with my drone - I do NOT need these endless hazzles created by DJI with their cumbersome zillions of upgrades. Time for a Yuneec Typhon H - have had the Q500 Typhoon 4K for 6 months. Had 1 (!!) very minorupdate to it, and has flown 100% predictable during these months.

Furthermore I have 1 DJI battery with 5 charges that reports "broken cell" - QC and Customer Service is a city in Russia what DJI concerns. Well - they WILL be loosing customers now when other manufacturers pick up the pace ... Typhoon H is with 6 motors, redundancy so it can fly with 5 and a price tag of USD 1299. And service is excellent - and parts available.
I hadn't ment to rant like this, but I'm totally p..... off right now!

And no release notes for professional users (yes, I'm a certified UAS pilot) is quite simply a joke!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop