Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire1 rough landing resulted in 2 smoking motors; help!

Reaction score
Hi All,
Thanks for the help in advance. I was filming down a snowy driveway and accidently allowed the Inspire 1 to drift into the wooded area of the side of the road. Due to a large amount of trees I immediately lowered the drone to the ground with landing gear down.

Unfortunately it did not set down on solid ground, it landed a bit tipped over and two of the motors were stalled by the ground. At this point I tried to auto shutdown but it did not take. Pulled the cable from the remote to display device and this caused the motors to run faster. Rookie mistske.

This resulted in two of the motors starting to smoke quite profusely. I reached the drone and picked it up setting it on the ground and the motors shut down. One motor was extremely hot to touch, burning, and the other I could handle.

I am wondering if:
1. I can test the motors to see if /how damaged they are?
2. Can I replace the motors myself?
3. Do i have to go through DJ for repairs?

Thanks very much for the help.

Next time you try to start it the Inspire will test the motors and ESCs and if it finds a problem will not start up and display warnings as to what it's found.

Regarding parts and repairs yourself it all comes down to availability where you are located and how much experience you have doing these kind of repairs. Would you be happy enough with your repair job sending your Inspire out on a job where a failure could be dangerous not just to you but other?

Reactions: slim.slamma

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont