Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!
Reaction score
Website
www.dronelink.us
So after long research I could not find answers to my questions.
So I did my own study and this is what I came up with.
few facts about inspire and controller antennas, power output and more.

Controller has two antennas one strictly for Tx and one for Rx
Inspire antennas same thing, two for Tx and two for Rx
controller antennas are 5dBi ea.
Inspire Tx power output same strength as controller...
well more about my study you can watch in my video.
I went little in details on some items, but I want to make sure that everyone got the point, even beginners.
enjoy

More facts at www.dronelink.us

Last edited:
Reactions: Patriot1776
Hi Pete,
It's bizzar isn't it. The certificates are the genuine FCC articles and the measurements are both conductive power so are comparable. As I say I can post a link to the full exhaustive tests but these are very technical (no offence!) but the only thing you or I really need to know is the output power - It just doesn't make sense.

sure, I understand we can't duplicate what FAA does, but doing what we can with what we got, something better then nothing.
here is the quick short video.

Last edited:
So with the long range unidirectional antennas do you have to "point" the controller towards the Inspire when flying it?..I'm assuming you can lose transmission much easier with the uni if not monitoring the Inspires position constantly...

Yes directional meaning your RF going in one directions. Some are more narrow, some are wider. Like for example ALFA I am flying with are horizontal band with 66 degrees and vertical 16 degrees.
So if if drone is in front of you, plus minus, it's covered. I had good luck with them.
Also there are directional that are wider beam with, up to 80/80.

Hope this helps, but ask away if you have more questions.

So after long research I could not find answers to my questions.
So I did my own study and this is what I came up with.
few facts about inspire and controller antennas, power output and more.

Controller has two antennas one strictly for Tx and one for Rx
Inspire antennas same thing, two for Tx and two for Rx
controller antennas are 5dBi ea.
Inspire Tx power output same strength as controller...
well more about my study you can watch in my video.
I went little in details on some items, but I want to make sure that everyone got the point, even beginners.
enjoy

may i ask if you might know the problem of the slave having weak video link and what is causing it?
another question would be if you could tell me if a dbs mod for the 100 bucks they sell it for is worth it and what system it actually is (omni or directional) the reason i ask is that in a video showing the system they flew 90 degrees left and right with good signal. i would like to improve overall signal streanth since i fly in many different envirorments ranging from urban to forest.
i am not so familliar with rf and their way of function. i have basic knowlidge though.
i would really appreciate some advice on that.
thank you
cheers
Martin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edit: nice vid and good explenation :)

may i ask if you might know the problem of the slave having weak video link and what is causing it?
another question would be if you could tell me if a dbs mod for the 100 bucks they sell it for is worth it and what system it actually is (omni or directional) the reason i ask is that in a video showing the system they flew 90 degrees left and right with good signal. i would like to improve overall signal streanth since i fly in many different envirorments ranging from urban to forest.
i am not so familliar with rf and their way of function. i have basic knowlidge though.
i would really appreciate some advice on that.
thank you
cheers
Martin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edit: nice vid and good explenation :)

Sure thing, first question: when you use drone with only one controller, how's your video signal? Or is it bad in general no matter how many controllers you are using?

DBS Mods are good system, great guys doing very good job at what they do. DBS antenna is directional panel antenna but very wide beam with. with in near drone can be anywhere in front of you no problem, but farther away it gets more pointing you have to do with any directional.
Posting a image of how directional antenna beam looks like in general...

Attachments

• path.gif
    path.gif
    43.5 KB · Views: 54
Sure thing, first question: when you use drone with only one controller, how's your video signal? Or is it bad in general no matter how many controllers you are using?

I generally use two RC. but when only one is used (flying alone testing) all is fine. the slave starts to loose its self but master video feed is rock solid. I learned (from other in the forum) that the two RC´s are connected via 5.8Ghz and that this might be a problem when too close to each other (standing next to one another) could be a problem. I use a a flying pult/kind of a tablet where I put my RC on to fly which is around my neck.

DBS Mods are good system, great guys doing very good job at what they do. DBS antenna is directional panel antenna but very wide beam with. with in near drone can be anywhere in front of you no problem, but farther away it gets more pointing you have to do with any directional.
Posting a image of how directional antenna beam looks like in general...

thank you for the fast reply. finally someone with good explaining :D
another question I would like to put up is: would it be a "good" idea to switch the antennas over cross on the Inspire meaning that the back left would go over to the right back so the back left would be a listening antenna and the the right side in the back a transmitting enabling more diversity if I understand the term correctly. or would interference be the result of swapping these?

for general use, what would you recommend me for example to use as a mod. could I put a dbs directional panel antenna on your mod or would I still have to drill my RC. I understand that every connection is loss of signal but I would like to keep my RC as stock as possible. by the way I have model GL 658A C1 which I use as master pilot RC and for slave (operator) it is the same. if I can be of any help as to do tests let me know and I will try to do them. unfortunately I don not have a meter like you do. so my test capabilities are limited. I did go over 2km though so going far went fairly well with all stock.

thanks for the help.

edit: where are you located? I am in Hungary / Europe

answer to your first question: I don't think that would make noticeable difference if any at all. Diversity is when one antenna transmits in vertical polarization and one in horizontal, so your drone can operate in any orientation without signal loss, it's not the case with inspire, we always fly in normal mode so this would not benefit us.

you can put DBS antennas on any model controller.
go see my website, link is in youtube video, contact me via site and we can discuss this in detail.
I would love to mod A radio and do some measurements and video.

Is it possible to Y connect the two controller antennas to a single boosted antenna or would you have to boost them both separately?

Should be getting back my Inspire 1 DBS Mod controller back next week. DBS : Super nice people to work with. Found that the stock antennas have noticeable limitations and would lose signal quite frequently on distance flights. Only had good signal on WIDE open areas with nothing around.

Will let u guys know how the new mod distance signal strength is.

Should be getting back my Inspire 1 DBS Mod controller back next week. DBS : Super nice people to work with. Found that the stock antennas have noticeable limitations and would lose signal quite frequently on distance flights. Only had good signal on WIDE open areas with nothing around.

Will let u guys know how the new mod distance signal strength is.

DBS is excellent upgrade and will do you well. You will be happy with it.
Enjoy.

answer to your first question: I don't think that would make noticeable difference if any at all. Diversity is when one antenna transmits in vertical polarization and one in horizontal, so your drone can operate in any orientation without signal loss, it's not the case with inspire, we always fly in normal mode so this would not benefit us.

you can put DBS antennas on any model controller.
go see my website, link is in youtube video, contact me via site and we can discuss this in detail.
I would love to mod A radio and do some measurements and video.
Errrr, No, sorry, it isn't!
True diversity reception means there are two independent receivers and antennas working separately but linked in such a way that the front end is monitoring the RSSI.
The logic control switches seamlessly between whichever RX and/or channel has the better signal.
Further enhanced diversity will also look at packet integrity in addition to RSSI.

Errrr, No, sorry, it isn't!
True diversity reception means there are two independent receivers and antennas working separately but linked in such a way that the front end is monitoring the RSSI.
The logic control switches seamlessly between whichever RX and/or channel has the better signal.
Further enhanced diversity will also look at packet integrity in addition to RSSI.

ok I did not understand the "diversity" term a 100%. but thank you for the clear up :)
m

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa