Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Intermittent Flash on Video on the SSD but not recorded to the micro SD card

Reaction score
There is an intermittent flash that happens on the video files recorded to the SSD that are not recorded to the SD files. I have tried to shoot in automatic, manual, different frame rates, different SSD drives but I can't seam to resolve the issue and DJI is not helping.

Has anyone ever hear of or seen this issue before?

I created a little side by side comparison of the two files.

Reactions: marctronixx
What are you using? DNG raw? Prores?

What card 480g or 240?

Has this always happened or just recently?

Do any firmware upgrades prior to?

Even if you format and re-attempt you still get the dame phenomenon?

The captured video looks lovely though! Nicely done sir!

I have the X5S camera and it doesn't matter if I am shooting DNG or Prores.

Full Raw Files if anyone is really curious.
- A shot from Burning Man in 2017 DNG sequence
- A shot from Lake Tahoe July 2019 Prores

This happens on both 480 gig cards that I have.

This has been an issue since 2017 when I purchased the drone.

This issue has spanned multiple versions of firmware / software.
Before the shoot that I used for the example, I updated everything, including the charger, calibrated every lens as well as calibrated the obstacle avoidance sensors

This issue happened on multiple shoots over a period of two years. My solution has been to cut around the flashes, color correct them and using frame blending when I can. Or just use the footage from the SD card when I was out of options.

Thanks... It's just annoying that the flashes tend to happen the most when I don't have the ability to do a second take.

Thanks for the responses.

I also shoot both PRORES and DNG raw to 480gb cards using the X5s. Ive been doing this for quite a few months and ive not seen this happen on the rushes. I’m not an editor so I’m not hearing anything back from editorial or a DIT. I also dump these files to the DJI copilot just for my own personal use and i dont recall seeing those flashes either.

Could it be heat related? It seem the aircraft is not doing any crazy maneuvers and is just doing a conventional flight pattern..

Have you just tried shooting video whilst the aircraft is on the ground ? With motors running and also without?

Thanks for the responses.

I also shoot both PRORES and DNG raw to 480gb cards using the X5s. Ive been doing this for quite a few months and ive not seen this happen on the rushes. I’m not an editor so I’m not hearing anything back from editorial or a DIT. I also dump these files to the DJI copilot just for my own personal use and i dont recall seeing those flashes either.

Could it be heat related? It seem the aircraft is not doing any crazy maneuvers and is just doing a conventional flight pattern..

Have you just tried shooting video whilst the aircraft is on the ground ? With motors running and also without?

I haven't done that yet but now that you mention it I think I should give it a shot. I can't imagine that heat is the issue because I have had this happen in 40F temps. I have also shot in high heat with no flicker. Now that the issue is public on youtube with an easy to comprehend example, DJI has finally forwarded the issue to their engineers to take a look.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
william_sewell