Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

iOS 11.2.6

You'll be using the Go App for the Inspire pretty sure it's similar.
From what it looks like it’s pretty much the same. My question is. Seeing that all the firmware updates were just done I should not have to do them once I download the DJI go app. I would not think I would have to but I’m not that the familiar
with the inspire. Like I said any help that you can give me would be appreciated. I am using iPad mini 2 for my Mavic pro which I have not had any issues with at all. I’m assuming that I can use the same mini pad that I’m using now. I know the iPad Mini 4 is better. What tablet are you using. I would like to keep what I have and run 2 apps on that if it all possible.

Last edited:
I got to fly yesterday, and after reading here,I made some changes and they worked out well! First I changed the HD to "Custom" and used channel 20. Second I I turned on the RC and let it "boot up" for 30 seconds before connecting to the I2. Third I set the iPad mini to "airplane mode"on, and removed my iPhone from my pocket, and placed it away from me in my truck! Before doing this,I would get constant warnings about strong signal interference,and the I2 would constantly switch in and out of P-Atti mode from GPS mode. After these changes none of this happened! I've never got out past 4600 feet without loosing the signal. This time I went to over 10,000 without loosing signal, but did get disconnected on the way back to home base for about 6 seconds at 8700 feet. So what made the diffrence? iPhone in the truck, custom set to channel 20,or the 30 second wait before connecting the RC to the I2? I dunno?:confused: Here's a video of the flight over the flood waters, in our river bottoms! I almost forgot this is using iOS 11.2.6

Last edited:
Connectivity is fine now, but my iPad randomly, and so far seems to be first flight, the app goes berserk going as far as giving me motor overload and critical battery with 40% charge and landing immediately. First flight was scary with constant image disconnects fortunately RC remained ok, but everything else was like being in the cockpit of a jet liner with all the alarms going off, then I switched to my iPhone and back to the iPad with absolutely no incident. However, my confidence and patience with the inspire keeps getting tested.

Message from DJI today!!!

I am really sorry for this trouble. I believe that you already did all the necessary steps to have it working and for this I would highly suggest to send it in for repair and also to have our technician check on what is wrong with this.

For the repair process, please follow the steps below

I'm of the same opinion as Ron_Dog but note that you have to stay connected to the internet initially to load the map in the GoApp (or Autopilot whatever) unless it has been cached beforehand. Caching doesn't seem to work with the GoApp. The correct map doesn't load and establish Home Pt until you've booted up the Inspire. So you get the "strong interference detected" message initially. But I think it is important to switch to airplane mode on all devices close-by BEFORE you calibrate the compass. So I will try this (when the wx breaks in Canada)
1. Complete initial check list including RC on, Tablet on and GoApp open, Custom channel 20.
2. Turn on Inspire
3. Confirm correct map & Home Pt
4. Airplane mode and WIFI off on all devices nearby
5. Calibrate compass provided there is no more "strong interference detected"

I am just bench-testing this procedure and still getting occasional flashes of "strong interference detected" which could be my home WIFI however, my understanding is that WIFI does not use channel 20!!. I see lots of red spikes on the different channels going to -60 dBm which I'm guessing is not good. I wonder if the "strong interference detected" message only applies to the operating channel?

Now back to the original question of iOS 11.2.6 and the iPad disconnecting. I think its clear iOS 11.2.6 still has this problem of Apps disconnecting, not just with DJI GoApp but other Apps also.
If I switch between GoApp and Autopilot I lose the iPad connection to the RC. (RC still works perfectly and controls the Inspire). A desperate fix seems to be to unplug the USP connection from the RC and reconnect. I understand iOS 11.3 is imminent.
I wish these issues could be resolved, hard to believe a year ago we had none of these problems.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
technologyacair