Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

IOS-APP released !!!

With my first post on this forum I said this would come.
So excited to see the "DJI sucks" threads, at least for this issue, start to subside.

I've been flying on .092 with NO issues, in fact, I have been blown away at how well it works!!
Will be interesting to see if there is anything new/different in this "Official" version.

I don't have the inspire with me or my iPad with .092 on it but I am thumbing through the official app on my phone (iPhone 6+) and in the General settings see "Enable Hardware Decode" and "Histogram".. Granted I don't spend my days memorizing the menus but I also don't remember seeing those on .092.

I've not had any problems with 0.9.2 after over 30 flights over 10km total distance and I'm pretty excited to try flying this 1.0.

My initial observations are that installing 1.0 overwrote 0.9.2, which is expected. I then synced the flight data to the cloud in the User Center then seemed to have lost the flights I did in the last few days (over 8 flights over 4km distance). Thinking this to be some file incompatibility, I tried but couldn't use iFunBox to re-install 0.9.2 unless I first deleted the 1.0 app.

After going back to 0.9.2 then doing a cloud sync I then had my recent flights back again. Then I attempted to go to 1.0 again, and now I apparently have all my flight data back again ... I'm not going to attempt a cloud sync yet in case that was what caused the initial loss of data.

The above might just be a temporary glitch as DJI updates their User Center data back end. Will let you know how 1.0 performs after I get a chance to fly with it soon.

I don't have the inspire with me or my iPad with .092 on it but I am thumbing through the official app on my phone (iPhone 6+) and in the General settings see "Enable Hardware Decode" and "Histogram".. Granted I don't spend my days memorizing the menus but I also don't remember seeing those on .092.

Still have not flown with the new app but just got to my iPad and I was correct about the above..
Enable Hardware Decode
Histogram

At a quick glance comparing the two did not see anything else in the general settings menu that looked different.

Going to post this on YouTube, but I am at the mercy of our hotels slow Wi-Fi…

- Histogram and Hardware Decode
- Map has distance scale
- Under Advanced Settings, now have a "Gain and Expo Tuning" option
- Airport restrictions are smaller
- In Flight History, you can now select an option to see what your remote control inputs were
- Under the Academy, you can now set a wind speed and direction

Great videos, Alexander. One suggestion I might make would be instead of taking a video of your iPad, taking video from your iPad, using an unofficial app called Shou. If you visit http://shou.tv/i with Safari on your device, you can install this. You'll be able to set up recording and export the final video directly from the iPad. It activates the mic so you can talk just as you've been doing.

Of course, the downside would be having to post-process in order to effectively point out the non-selectable sections as you're talking... but it's just a thought. Great job either way. :)

Reactions: Mauro573
- Histogram and Hardware Decode
- Map has distance scale
- Under Advanced Settings, now have a "Gain and Expo Tuning" option
- Airport restrictions are smaller
- In Flight History, you can now select an option to see what your remote control inputs were
- Under the Academy, you can now set a wind speed and direction

Excellent info, thank you.

The other thing that wasn't mentioned in the video that has been around since the first version of the app is:

• Whilst playing back your flight the 'green cone' coming out of the red triangle representing the Inspire actually shows in what direction the camera was pointing. It will move in relation to how you panned the camera
  • You have thumbnail images on your flight route showing where pictures where taken (indicated by a white dot on the flight path)

enjoy.....

Reactions: Mauro573
Great videos, Alexander. One suggestion I might make would be instead of taking a video of your iPad, taking video from your iPad, using an unofficial app called Shou. If you visit http://shou.tv/i with Safari on your device, you can install this. You'll be able to set up recording and export the final video directly from the iPad. It activates the mic so you can talk just as you've been doing.

Of course, the downside would be having to post-process in order to effectively point out the non-selectable sections as you're talking... but it's just a thought. Great job either way. :)

Hi Morgon, I am trying to work with this app now on ios. Have you experienced a long lag time between when you start the broadcast and when it starts displaying?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa