Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

iPad Pro Water Proof Case and Heat Dissipation?

Reaction score
For a iPad Pro 10.5, I was considering a LifeProof Nuud case, it's water proof (6.6' Deep), dust, dirt, etc. iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Case | LifeProof

What I thought was especially nice was that the Nuud retained the screen touch, didn't apply a plastic or skin on top to seal water. I had a thin glass cover on mine and left it on with the Nuud Case. Threw it in the bathtub fully under water, all dry, no issues.

Was wondering if any one is using the LifeProof Nuud case and if so, what is the heat dissipation?
Can this case be used in Summer temps without over heating the iPad Pro?

I switched to an iPad Pro 10.5 cellular from a iPad mini & Air2 Cellular. Both previous models overheated on HOT Summer Sunny days. The flight apps worked the CPU's, and the Temps heated up the iPads to the point of them freezing or become slow & unstable. Moved to a iPad Pro 10.5 which seems to have corrected over heat issues: CPU & Temps. The iPad Pro still gets warm/hot but the system continues to run. Personally, I'd assume the iPad Pro is just below it's threshold to heat fail and a bit more heat would cause failure.

A water / dirt proof case sound nice for rainy, extremely dusty job sites, trail walks, etc. But questioned the Lifeproof case to dissipate the heat.

Any one that's tried the LifeProof Nuud case.

Any case is going to get hot and the iPad Pro will shut down due to heat. My personal iPad has only shut down when I had a case on it unless I accidentally left it sitting in the sun. I have to pay attention to where I set the controller with iPad attached and always try to have it shaded when possible here in hot and muggy SW Florida. I have a very portable umbrella attached to a tripod to help when there are no other means of shade.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84