Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Irrational fear?

Reaction score
So I have been thinking about gettin an inspire 1 but the more I read the more worrisome I get with the two main concerning being a fly away and the battery voltage drop. Can anyone shine some light as to how frequent this actually does happen? I want to be confident in making this type of investment . Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Neither has happened to me.

I fly very conservatively, am aware of obstructions between the RC and the AC, and land when the battery is at 30%.

Edit to add: It's expensive, it's not a toy, but it is easier to fly than any cheaper quadcopter I've flown, practice, build your skills, don't get cocky, and you will be fine.

That's essentially exactly how I fly currently and haven't had an issue. I just hear the horror stories and the fear intensifies :eek:

I've an Inspire and a Phantom 3 pro. I can do exactly the same thing except speed.

Why pay so expensive for an Inspire when you can do the same job at the end with a phantom 3 without any concern?

I've an Inspire and a Phantom 3 pro. I can do exactly the same thing except speed.

Why pay so expensive for an Inspire when you can do the same job at the end with a phantom 3 without any concern?

Stability for one. Cool factor for another :)

Reactions: AndrewH
Neither has happened to me.

I fly very conservatively, am aware of obstructions between the RC and the AC, and land when the battery is at 30%.

Edit to add: It's expensive, it's not a toy, but it is easier to fly than any cheaper quadcopter I've flown, practice, build your skills, don't get cocky, and you will be fine.

Same experience although I did have one strange crash and when sent to DJI the unit was just replace after 9 weeks with no explanation as to what went wrong.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Hey Oldblue..
I wouldn't worry about flyaways too much although they do happen for one reason or another. ..
battery malfunctions can be avoided by starting with a completely charged battery..at least that's how it was before firmware 1.3 or 1.4..
haven't heard about battery sudden drops since the last firmware updates so hopefully that's been corrected. .
Flyaways can be avoided by proper imu and compass calibration ..
considering there's more than 100,000 inspire1 out there the amount of catastrophic malfunctions is very low..
less than 100 for sure and that's a high number. .

That's essentially exactly how I fly currently and haven't had an issue. I just hear the horror stories and the fear intensifies :eek:

PH3 is as stable as the inspire 1 even in high winds. Cool price too!

I do not want to start a debate on these two quad except that the price not worth it.

haven't heard about battery sudden drops since the last firmware updates so hopefully that's been corrected. .

Just happened! I used a TB47 3x on the same day the last with 38% because I only wanted a 2-3min footage. However at 30% it showed me 3.4v and I decided to return it. This was a good idea because next it showed 0% and 3.3v and started to descend. But it was already at home point and I landed it safe.

I was aware this could happen though I have had this happen before and did not fly more then 100m away.

It seems volts are shown correctly just % is wrong. So looking on volts will avoid surprises.

Just happened! I used a TB47 3x on the same day the last with 38% because I only wanted a 2-3min footage. However at 30% it showed me 3.4v and I decided to return it. This was a good idea because next it showed 0% and 3.3v and started to descend. But it was already at home point and I landed it safe.

I was aware this could happen though I have had this happen before and did not fly more then 100m away.

It seems volts are shown correctly just % is wrong. So looking on volts will avoid surprises.
I try not to fly with a battery that isn't fully charged. .
I can only speculate that re arming the motors with 35 % was the cause of the sudden drop or if you removed the battery then re inserted it ..
same issue with previous firmware. ..

Reactions: DaBone
I removed the battery each time because I used other batteries with 100% between when I needed full flight time. However its clear that 3.3v = 0% and I could see the volt dropping before so the battery did not suddenly drop it just shows wrong % and sets them to 0 when it reaches 3.3v.

I second that!!!

QUOTE="BostonDronePhotos, post: 61528, member: 23568"]Neither has happened to me.

Edit to add: It's expensive, it's not a toy, but it is easier to fly than any cheaper quadcopter I've flown, practice, build your skills, don't get cocky, and you will be fine.[/QUOTE]

For what do I have the battery capacity when I cannot use it? I often return before 30% but if I need it I also return under 20%.

I try and make sure to be nearby as the battery becomes 30 % but usually land at 15 to 20 %..with no issues. .
I thought the i1 would loose it's ability to fly at 15% but we know now it will fly up to 0%...
I hear of guys landing with 2 % after a ldf with no issues but a stain in their underwear. .lol..

For what do I have the battery capacity when I cannot use it? I often return before 30% but if I need it I also return under 20%.

Reactions: Auspete
That's par for the course it seems...lol...
my rc is at dji la and the only info I received was an invoice..
nothing else mentioned. ..I don't know if they even received my payment. .
I think they withhold information to minimize negative impact. .haha..I see nothing. .I hear nothing ..I know nothing. .. (hogens heroes. .shultz)
Anyway it's all gravy now ..
enjoy your new inspire1! !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla