Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Is 15-16 minutes normal flight time for TB48?

I'm a new Inspire owner and have been really impressed with it so far! However, I'm wondering if I'm getting the proper amount of flight time out of my TB48 batteries. I've been getting about 15-16 minutes before they reach the 30% point. Doesn't that sound more like the flight time of a TB47? Is 15-16 minutes normal or is something wrong?

Thanks for any advice!
Tom

These are the generally expected normal times yes (15-17 min). Keep your battery FW updated, deep cycle as prescribed and you'll be fine.

When I got my I1 back from DJI I got that battery not upgraded message, I did what was suggested above upgraded the batteries and all was fine. I wish this forum was here when I got my I1 back. would have saved me some worries, having trouble upgrading FW is why I had to send my I1 in for repair.

When I got my I1 back from DJI I got that battery not upgraded message, I did what was suggested above upgraded the batteries and all was fine. I wish this forum was here when I got my I1 back. would have saved me some worries, having trouble upgrading FW is why I had to send my I1 in for repair.

We were here :). This thread though I think you meant.

Reactions: STClassic01
Thanks for all the advice/suggestion everyone! As you all said, there are many factors that play into how much flight time I'll get out of these. I guess 15-17 minutes isn't so bad. Rumor has it they're working on version 2 of the TB48 with "supposed" flight time of 40 minutes.

Thanks for all the advice/suggestion everyone! As you all said, there are many factors that play into how much flight time I'll get out of these. I guess 15-17 minutes isn't so bad. Rumor has it they're working on version 2 of the TB48 with "supposed" flight time of 40 minutes.

That would be pretty exciting. But are you sure you don't mean the Matrice which does take two TB48D batteries and can hover for 40min?

That would be pretty exciting. But are you sure you don't mean the Matrice which does take two TB48D batteries and can hover for 40min?

Well, I'm certain that the dealer I spoke with said these were gen 2 of the TB48. BUT, who knows if the person who told him had the right info, or as you said, was referring to the Matrice. I guess time will tell, lol.

my max flight times are anywhere from 13-16 min typically but i fly pretty hard and fast and usually theres wind where i live. I only notice about 2 extra minutes with my 48s over the 47s. Think ill stick to the 47s from here on out, 50$ more for only 2 extra minutes isnt really worth it imo, if you buy 4 48s you can get 5 47s for the same price and get another 12 min at least instead of only 8 with the 4 48s.

Reactions: STClassic01
I'm sure it's not a problem. You're going to have to update each battery manually, I'll walk you through it;

1) Make sure each battery is at full charge.
2) Go here; http://www.dji.com/product/inspire-1/download and download the firmware update zip file.
3) Extract that .zip file, it'll open up into a folder with a .bin file and instructions inside.
4) Get your Inspire 1's camera SD card into your computer, and delete all the files in there (obviously if you have footage, download that before deletion)
5) Move the .bin file onto the SD card, eject the card and put that back into the camera.
6) Once your batteries are charged, put one into your Inspire (make sure your props are off beforehand) and switch it on. Some people open up the DJI app and view the update progress from there, but I personally don't do that.
7) If done correctly, you'll hear 4 beeps indicating the update is in progress and 1 beep followed by 2 beeps when the update is done.
8) Switch off the battery.
9) Remove the SD card, put into your computer and check the LOG file (it's a text file). It should say something like 'Update Successful' etc. Once you've gotten to that stage, you're going to have to repeat the procedure (starting from no.5) for all the other batteries.

Let me know how it goes. If you're aircraft's firmware is up to date, the battery update itself shouldn't take more than a few minutes.

Good luck,
Hans
I did the last update for my remotes and for the aircraft. Recently I got the hub charger which has an outlet on it for firmware updates but when I did last update for the aircraft and the remotes there was no indication that I should apply the Bin file to the hub charger. Does the hub charger use the same firmware update thingy? I have popped both batteries into the aircraft on different start ups and it does it's thing without any warnings. The hub charger does it's thing without anything odd things happening.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth