Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Is it possible to access the Inspire 2's buttons to drive custom servo?

Reaction score
Website
nvision4d.com
I'd like to add a small device to my Inspire 2 and have it make the same movements as the up and down movements of the FPV camera. I'd just power it and when I move the FPV camera, my device would do the same thing. Is there a way to do this?

Reactions: Cruncher
Tbh I doubt this is possible, you are not dealing with a standard FC with pwm outputs to control a gimbal, DJI have very intergraded system and internal comms are extremely had to find, while I won't say it's impossible it's going to be very close to being.

The simplest and easiest and least risky thing to do would be to get an Taranis and a separate receiver and make a small module to do what you want with integrated power that just attached to the craft, something like the XSR receiver is small and got decent range, what you looking to control ?

Reactions: Advexure
Tbh I doubt this is possible, you are not dealing with a standard FC with pwm outputs to control a gimbal, DJI have very intergraded system and internal comms are extremely had to find, while I won't say it's impossible it's going to be very close to being.

The simplest and easiest and least risky thing to do would be to get an Taranis and a separate receiver and make a small module to do what you want with integrated power that just attached to the craft, something like the XSR receiver is small and got decent range, what you looking to control ?

Yes a small receiver and 2 cell lipo would power a servo to do what ever you need. I prefer Spektrum systems as they're bomb proof in my eyes in terms of reliability
I have a DX8 and DX6 and run all spektrum gear in all my planes.
Some of which push 200mph ++

Like the last post what is it your trying to do with an additional servo? A separate camera or sensor of some kind?

Dave

Yes a small receiver and 2 cell lipo would power a servo to do what ever you need. I prefer Spektrum systems as they're bomb proof in my eyes in terms of reliability
I have a DX8 and DX6 and run all spektrum gear in all my planes.
Some of which push 200mph ++

Like the last post what is it your trying to do with an additional servo? A separate camera or sensor of some kind?

Dave
Also you need to think about the range in which u want to use a separate system as DJIs tech goes out to around 7km. Parkflyer receivers will not be sufficient you would need a full range sport receiver such as a AR610 or similar.
Prob only need 2 or 3 channels but can't remember of spektrum do less than 6 Channel in full range RXs there days?

This is what I needed...some place to start and direction. I suspected that it might not be possible to access the DJI controls and signal. I don't need more than about 200 feet of range. I can't describe what I'm controlling (proprietary product development) other than to say all I need to do is "pitch" a small item about +-30°. I appreciate the input here and now I have something to research and a place to start.

Thanks guys...

Rob

This is what I needed...some place to start and direction. I suspected that it might not be possible to access the DJI controls and signal. I don't need more than about 200 feet of range. I can't describe what I'm controlling (proprietary product development) other than to say all I need to do is "pitch" a small item about +-30°. I appreciate the input here and now I have something to research and a place to start.

Thanks guys...

Rob

Rob

You can buy a small 9g servo for a few quid that will operate a camera pitch device controlled by a receiver and a small 2 cell lipo.

Search for FPV tilt or pitch device on ebay.

Dave

Rob

You can buy a small 9g servo for a few quid that will operate a camera pitch device controlled by a receiver and a small 2 cell lipo.

Search for FPV tilt or pitch device on ebay.

Dave

For a cheap setup look for a tower pro micro 9g servo and the camera pan and tilt device. And second hand 4 Channel RX a d compatable trabsmjtter.
I recommend a spektrum dx6 and an AR400. Second hand most for be had for around £100 all in. The ar400 is no longer produced. So only used ones would be available. You could also try looking at the micro receivers used in small helis and small park flyers. They would by much smaller and lighter. Not sure about connections for 9g servos tho. You'd have to work that one out yourself.
Let us know how u get on. .Dave

Hi there. We have achieved what you describe using the A3+LB2 within our Skybox gyro-stabilized camera enclosure. Our product lets you fly DJI gimbals on real helicopters by eliminating vibration and protecting the gyro from the wind. Our lower window section synchronizes automatically with the gimbal heading as the camera operator pans the gimbal. We achieve this using a special interface to the A3's onboard SDK. This took months of tinkering but it works great now. Not sure if the Inspire 2 has an API port and an onboard SDK interface. If so, it could be done the way we did it using the A3. See the linked video to watch our feature in action. We've sold a number of these systems around the world and our customers love having the ability to get amazing 4K RAW footage at lower cost than traditional dedicated helicopter camera systems.

Reactions: Dr. Fibinotchi
That's my personal helicopter - an Enstrom 480B turbine. However, we are flying the skybox on several R44's. There are two certified mounts available for the R44/R66 helicopters. Contact me if interested.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudyLions