Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Is the new firmware safe?

Reaction score
Has anyone found any safety issues or negative points that would make it unwise to instal the new firmware?

Has anyone had any issues with an Ipad mini 3 after the upgrade?

I only ask because I dont want to upgrade and find I have any restricting problems, I have a gig next week and I either need to upgrade now and test or wait until after the gig.

Has anyone found any safety issues or negative points that would make it unwise to instal the new firmware?

Has anyone had any issues with an Ipad mini 3 after the upgrade?

I only ask because I dont want to upgrade and find I have any restricting problems, I have a gig next week and I either need to upgrade now and test or wait until after the gig.
Although I have had ZERO problems my advice from experience regarding other software updates on totally non Inspire related equipment (camera's, NLE's radio microphones etc) released close to job bookings....... Update AFTER.
You then have a window to fix and test should you need it.

that is my general opinion also, "if it isnt broken, dont fix it" especially right before you need to use it.
I have had two gps drops with the current firmware, but they were in areas where I would completely expect to have GPS issues and I wouldnt call it a problem with the firmware.

other than that I havent had any issues, maybe a bit of a flaky position hold function every now and then when the I1 varies a few meters in position, but again, this can be caused by any number of issues, not neccesarily the firmware.

The only seemingly repetitive complaints I've read are tablet drop outs and some camera drift. Far better than the previous FW, albeit the tablet dropouts are of some concern.

Reactions: johnmont250
No issues. I have had some drifting with the airframe when in hover mode, but I think it is more environmental but I can't be sure. I am going to go fly this weekend and test again. I'll let you know.

I am happy with the new FW.. I haven't had one single drop out of video or signal in 4 or so hours of flight. Range seems better, stonger signal, faster sat aquirement, better braking, auto retract...this is the best update so far.

Reactions: FangsCPO
Big ups to the new firmware here as well. Used to get 'signal lost' about every other flight, and it wouldn't kick back in until I brought the bird back and power cycled both the remote and inspire. I only have a few flights on the new firmware but so far it's much more reliable, had one minor signal loss but it kicked back in after a second or two.
What's great to me about the new firmware is that the camera settings seem to have been improved, now i get much less grain and the negative sharpness values are actually usable now.
Finally, it doesn't sketch out the first few seconds of a flight. Like you can take off and accelerate in any direction and it maintains stability.

200% perfect. If this was on the original version they would have sold double what they have. My only problem was the firmware install did not go smooth, but I just downloaded it again and it went in o.k, controller installed perfect the 1st time round. Just received my free new style props but only 1 set, might try them but happy with the oringinals.

The new firmware update is the most reliable I've had yet. I haven't experienced any compass issues, camera jerk, or yaw drift. The other option is you download it before your gig and get comfortable with it prior.

I agree, This Inspire 1 Firmware v1.2.1.0 version is the BEST so far!

I say this since i had several issues since Jan until this version arrived.

DJI did a great job address all the issues everyone has been posting...

All i can say, please update to this version NOW.

Next, Ground Station is on the wish list.

Happy flying, i am now using my Inspire just about everyday and i can't find any issues as of yet co paired to the other versions.

Best regards,
Steve

have you all been flying V01.02.00.17 before? Because I have flown quite a lot in the last two weeks since I got the inspire and had almost 0 errors. I have only flown 450m away though....

I have only calibrated the compass at one location, a known good one, and I calibrated it once and then just went for it.

the only main gripe I have is that in very high wind, the yaw tends to "blow out" and about 45 degrees of unwanted yaw can sneak in when slowly yawing, seemingly as the side of the drone presents itself to the wind

have you all been flying V01.02.00.17 before? Because I have flown quite a lot in the last two weeks since I got the inspire and had almost 0 errors. I have only flown 450m away though....

I have only calibrated the compass at one location, a known good one, and I calibrated it once and then just went for it.

the only main gripe I have is that in very high wind, the yaw tends to "blow out" and about 45 degrees of unwanted yaw can sneak in when slowly yawing, seemingly as the side of the drone presents itself to the wind
Yes - have flown all versions of the firmware.
The GPS/Atti problem affects some and not others. Some have NEVER had their craft drop into atti while for others it happened on every flight.
v1.2.1.0 addresses this.

m00se, i see this too but the video is NOT affected by this on my end. Did you recalibrate the Gumbel?

As got compass calibration's, I only have done ONE and ONE IMU all outside in a clear field and have flown in several locations well away from the first location used to do all my calibrations and no issues at all!

I check the status on the IOS app during flight and see if there are any Compass errors and NONE are reported and the Inspire 1 Fly's like my good old Phantom 2 Vision and Vision + that was at one time out performing the Inspire 1 before this new FW v1.2.1.0 version arrived!

So I am feeling 99% confident that the Inspire is there!

Now i like DJI to add in:

1. Ground Station.
2. Number of satellites on the bar graph via the APP to make sure we have plenty of them for GPS hold.
3. More to come once i get a couple of weeks in on flying the Inspire 1 under my belt.

Best regards,
Steve

This FW has been great for me.... I'm still a newb to flying RC anything. So far 9 1/2 hours total, 7 with .17 FW, so in away I learned to fly like I was in Atti. I had so many compass errors before. These last two hours have been great, except for one time at a new location yesterday I had to do the dance 3 times. I'm hoping it was just a fluke. After I asked two bystanders to turn off their cellphone's data she calibrated. Possibly cells or location but it was pretty open with no towers visible etc. I had a 17 minute flight the day before with my data still on and had zero issues. Oh and one refusal to go to travel mode, but with a different surface she dropped right down for me. Other than those small issues she's almost like a new bird, rock steady and just a blast to fly.

The firmware is great but I wouldn't risk it before a job. There are issues out there so wait otherwise you could regret.

yes. tablet dropout ruined my day. the inspire had 1 job. which was to fly around and take video. it failed at this. :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop