Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Just received my new inspire 1! I have a few questions

Reaction score
Looking forward to my first flight. I have afew questions first:

How long does the controller take to charge?

How long does the stock inspire battery take to charge?

When I record a video in 4k, does it get stored directly onto my iPad Air 2? Or in th as card? or do I need to hook up the inspire to my 4K TV to view?

Finally I'm not sure if I recieved a proper user manual. I only seem to have the quick start guide which doesn't show how to attach props and how to hold the remote for best reception etc?

When I record a video in 4k, does it get stored directly onto my iPad Air 2? Or in th as card? or do I need to hook up the inspire to my 4K TV to view?

Finally I'm not sure if I recieved a proper user manual. I only seem to have the quick start guide which doesn't show how to attach props and how to hold the remote for best reception etc?
You should allow over an hour each to charge your battery and RC for the first time. If you are using the standard 100W charger then do them separately. Don't rush it - getting the initial charge right is very important.

Unless you have tonnes of storage stick to 1080p video. All video and images are stored on the MicroSD card.

You need to download the latest user manual (v1.2) from the DJI Inspire 1 product download page. You also need to take the time while your batteries to read fully and again. All your questions will be answered. There is no short cuts to getting this excellent bird in the sky. Enjoy.

The Controller can take up to 6 hours to fully charge.
Battery approx. 1 hours 20 minutes.
All videos and photos saved to the sd card.

Great thanks, just tested it now gave both controller and drone battery a good full charge well over an hour each seperate. It controls excellent, I'm going to keep it close for the time being I don't feel comfortable controlling via the fpv on the camera yet, my iPad screen kept locking so I'm going to have to sort that out!

ok I just recorded my first video of my first flight. I recorded it in 4K. How do I view it on my 4K TV? I used a mini USB connected to the drone camera and hooked upto my TV and nothing is detected. Can I transfer the video to USB and connect that to my TV? I'm confused.

ok I just recorded my first video of my first flight. I recorded it in 4K. How do I view it on my 4K TV? I used a mini USB connected to the drone camera and hooked upto my TV and nothing is detected. Can I transfer the video to USB and connect that to my TV? I'm confused.

Yes, transfer the video to a usb stick and your tv should read that.

Just to confirm that all worked and the footage is amazing quality. The size of the file was over 3gb for 9 minutes!

2 more questions if anyone can help, how do I set the return to home altitude? And also how do I configure the compass on the app?

I just received mine yesterday also. I would recommend your download all the Manuals that are available on the DJI Website to your computer and tablet. I also felt at first that they didn't provide any manuals but the Quick Start stuff. Once I got the manual, it was happy reading. Make sure you update your firmware. I received an Inspire Version D, so the firmware in the Inspire was up-to-date, the firmware in the radio needed to be updated. I haven't flown mine yet, I'm just staring at it and going......Wow!!! She looks good!!!. LOL!! Good Luck!

Just to confirm that all worked and the footage is amazing quality. The size of the file was over 3gb for 9 minutes!

2 more questions if anyone can help, how do I set the return to home altitude? And also how do I configure the compass on the app?

There is a useful tutorial video about the APP, and cover these questions and more on the DJI website

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unitedconveyormktg