Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

landing Gear Stuck in travel mode

HRO

Reaction score
Just bought a Inspire 1 used, and I cannot seem to get the landing gear out of the travel mode. Controller and aircraft link, blue light comes on up down switch on home button does nothing when toggled.I have read that it may be a center frame servo motor problem ( I hope not ) . Any help would be appreciated.

did you toggle the switch up/down 4-5 times?
also from within the app when all linked you can hit something to raise out of travel mode

If the Centre frame is not damaged then the most common cause is the RC firmware is newer than the aircraft firmware and the versions are incompatible. There’s a lot of threads on this.
You can try to downgrade your RC firmware and see if that works.
Or what I have found works best is to find someone with a RC with old firmware, link to that RC and get the aircraft out of travel mode, turn off the old RC, relink my RC, turn off the RC, attach camera then upgrade aircraft firmware.
I keep a RC on old firmware just for this. But I am in Australia so don’t think I can help.
What may work which I haven’t tried is to manually get the aircraft out of travel mode by turning the screw from underneath with a screwdriver, turn on the AC, attach the camera and upgrade the firmware. May be worth a try? Remember to leave your RC off while upgrading.

If the Centre frame is not damaged then the most common cause is the RC firmware is newer than the aircraft firmware and the versions are incompatible. There’s a lot of threads on this.
You can try to downgrade your RC firmware and see if that works.
Or what I have found works best is to find someone with a RC with old firmware, link to that RC and get the aircraft out of travel mode, turn off the old RC, relink my RC, turn off the RC, attach camera then upgrade aircraft firmware.
I keep a RC on old firmware just for this. But I am in Australia so don’t think I can help.
What may work which I haven’t tried is to manually get the aircraft out of travel mode by turning the screw from underneath with a screwdriver, turn on the AC, attach the camera and upgrade the firmware. May be worth a try? Remember to leave your RC off while upgrading.
sadly the screw trick doesnt work. the brain still thinks its in travel mode so the taillight stays blue and the camera will have no power

Another option is to get a used n-core out of a crashed Inspire and swap out with yours. It will be more likely a newer firmware than yours and it will work with your RC.

I had the same problem with a used inspire 1. It turned out to be a bad ncore. I bought a used one and all was good.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo