Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Let's add more fuel to the fire

Talking about privacy and taking it to the ridiculous, last Saturday I was flying behind my home. I live on the bay and people boating, kayaking and fishing are a fact of life, however, as I hovered in place about 30 feet over the water and 50 feet out from me and I was adjusting camera settings a couple are kayaking right up to my seawall when suddenly out the blue the woman starts yelling, "privacy please" that please was forceful not humble btw. she really pissed me off, but I bit my tongue and just asked her not to worry I was not shooting her, which I wasn't. She said nothing more, not even acknowledged me but I could hear her b**ching at her husband. I guess she feels the Bay is just a big tub extending from her bathroom and doesn't realize that legally, if I wanted to film her there is nothing she can do about it in a public place if she is in the background.

Talking about privacy and taking it to the ridiculous, last Saturday I was flying behind my home. I live on the bay and people boating, kayaking and fishing are a fact of life, however, as I hovered in place about 30 feet over the water and 50 feet out from me and I was adjusting camera settings a couple are kayaking right up to my seawall when suddenly out the blue the woman starts yelling, "privacy please" that please was forceful not humble btw. she really pissed me off, but I bit my tongue and just asked her not to worry I was not shooting her, which I wasn't. She said nothing more, not even acknowledged me but I could hear her b**ching at her husband. I guess she feels the Bay is just a big tub extending from her bathroom and doesn't realize that legally, if I wanted to film her there is nothing she can do about it in a public place if she is in the background.
""privacy please" in the middle of a bay? What a dips**t.

Reactions: Mixchief
We recently flew at a local fishing village to capture footage of the lifeboat launch on a training exercise. Fully legal, with all permissions in place.

We were approached by a guy who told us that his 3 year old daughter was playing with no clothes on, on a neighbouring beach and that we needed to stop filming! He had walked around 3/4 mile to tell us this, past literally hundreds of people, most of whom would have camera phones, in much closer proximity to his daughter. What on earth he thought we would be able to see from over half a mile away as the crow flies I can’t imagine.

Why he didn’t tell everyone else to put their cameras away and avert their eyes is a mystery to me.

Yet another example of the irrational anger and fear that some small minded people feel towards drone users.

Reactions: The Editor
My response is, "You are in a public place. There is no privacy here."

Reactions: MrTVR and Mixchief

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Swast1930