Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Liability Insurance is a MUST!

Reaction score
There are a number of owners of the Inspire and Phantoms as well as other brands that fly these things without having a thought about insurance.
If these things, especially an Inspire1 or bigger machine, hits someone and seriously injures him/her or kills them, you could be sued from here to eternity. That could mean your life's savings, your house, car, saving,s accounts, inheritance etc. Why take that chance? These things can do a "fly Away" at any time and if you have no control and it crashes, you need know what lies ahead. Take out insurance for heaven's sake, even if you are a hobbyist. It's just not worth it to not have it. Would you drive your car without insurance?

Unfortunately, most household insurance companies will not offer coverage for a drone so you will have to go to aviation insurance, which I did.
I got 2 Million dollars liability for $1200.00 a year and $450.00 for damage or theft to my bird. This way, I'm covered for a replacement to my Inspire if it crashes. Good piece of mind.

Anyone who does NOT have insurance is playing with fire!

Go get insurance, if not for your sake, then the sake of the person or persons you might injure with a crash, whether your fault or not.

This isn't a funny situation. I'm dead serious!
Obviously you are not.
Do me a favour and do NOT fly your machine!
Thank you very much for your comments the contents of which are noted.
For your information, I am fully UAV qualified in the UK and have full permission for aerial work (PFAW) issued by the CAA. I also carry £5million of liability cover as well as £5,000 crash cover in the event of damage to any UAV whilst airborne.
I also possess...... a sense of humour!

Thank you very much for your comments the contents of which are noted.
For your information, I am fully UAV qualified in the UK and have full permission for aerial work (PFAW) issued by the CAA. I also carry £5million of liability cover as well as £5,000 crash cover in the event of damage to any UAV whilst airborne.
I also possess...... a sense of humour!

Yeah that's fine but this is no joking matter. Your sense of humour is not welcome in this case.

Reactions: Sunscreen
USA Company?? I got a quote from Highland Aviation but looking for another avenue or price comparison. Anybody?

Wow, $1200? Screw that. I got a quote for NZ$650 (about US$500) per annum but then realised that in New Zealand you cannot be sued by another member of the public if you hurt them or accidentally chop their husband to tiny pieces with your diamond tipped Inspire blades. If you crash into someone's car then sure, you have to pay for the damage to the car (perhaps a dent and a couple of scratches, maybe $500) or if you hit someone's home you might break a window which could be $300. We have an accident compensation law here that operates like this. If I crash my Inspire into your picnic and injure you, the government pays for your care and rehabilitation. If I crash my Inspire into myself and slice my finger off, the government pays for my care and rehabilitation. You cannot sue another person for injuries that they may have caused you. The courts can award damages though but these are usually pretty minimal. For example 6 weeks ago, near my home a tourist drove through a stop sign and killed a 50 year old woman driving to work. The tourist went to court last week and was fined $15,000 to be paid to the family of the woman he killed. In a situation where somebody is only injured then the amount of damages would be significantly lower.

These rules do not in anyway encourage carelessness as you can and will be prosecuted by the Police or the CAA for recklessness causing injury but at least you won't be bankrupted like you would in places like the US or Australia where you can sue at will.

Reactions: skylabimaging
Hey guys ..
I remember a post named "insurance for drone pilots "
I read it again and here are some of the names that were mentioned. .
hill and user ins..
transportrisk ins..
AMA..
highlandinsagcy.com
avro ins..
Right now most home owners insurance policys don't have an exclusion for model airplanes. That means you would be covered. .that's how drones are classified at this time..
if they are defined as aircraft all that wI'll change. ..
turbo. ..

Reactions: Dogemaster
Fpvuk.org. This is for my current recreational use only. As I am going commercial I need more comprehensive cover, I am currently getting quotes. One just back from Coverdrone, £704 GBP, PL and aircraft and equipment. Still waiting for others.

Thanks keep us posted ?

Yeah that's fine but this is no joking matter. Your sense of humour is not welcome in this case.
Yes I have Liability insurance , and I would recommend to have it ; however ,you should present it as a recommendation ,not this kind of forsable pressure ,because you have it. Don't take it personal ,but to me it sounds like those daily commercials you see on Tv and listen on radio ( like "you have to have it ,before the offer expires")
Specially because for hobbyist the liability insurance isn't mandatory ,or people are joining flying clubs , and the club has a collective insurance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips