Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

lost I1, why didn't she come home?

Reaction score
I lost one of my I1's the other day. I lost all signal on my remote. Top of my screen just said "disconnected". Question is....why didn't it come back home? I had good GPS lock when I set the home point. I did all of my preflight checks and calibrations...fail safe set at 98'.
Where oh where would she have gone?
I was wondering, during a total signal loss...do you think that it would hover until low battery and then try and come home, or should it automatically come home. Wondering if it's possibly between point A and point B.
What say you?
Thanks in advance.

Should come right home. At what point did you lose VLOS? What was your return home altitude? Could it have hit something on its linear RTH route? I would absolutely be checking the route in between.

Reactions: BlackGold
The first thing it is SUPPOSED to do is go up and come home when you lose the signal. if it did not do that a few different things could have happened. The battery could have somehow crapped out on you causing the lost signal and just dropping the quad out of the sky. It could also have run out of battery or hit something on the way back. Lastly it could have malfunctioned and traveled toward an alternate "home" point. I would walk the line from your location to the last known location if possible.

Reactions: BlackGold
Go up or if your already above the set RTH altitude then it maintains it's altitude, correct mazz?

Should come right home. At what point did you lose VLOS? What was your return home altitude? Could it have hit something on its linear RTH route? I would absolutely be checking the route in between.

I lost it 10 min into my flight, also I was using the 5700 battery...return altitude is set at 98'. That should clear all of the trees I'm thinking.
Quick question again? How do I review the flight data? Do I hook my phone up to my computer and then hit the sync icon. When I hit the sync flight data icon currently (phone not hooked to anything) it stalls out at 38%.

Reactions: RJ Miller Jr
Go up or if your already above the set RTH altitude then it maintains it's altitude, correct mazz?

My flight record shows that during my trip I went up to 455' this isn't correct. I didn't fly that high at all. Unless after it showed 'disconnected' I sent it that high while freaking out and hitting controls.
Flight altitude at time of loss if I remember right was around 20'

My flight record shows that during my trip I went up to 455' this isn't correct. I didn't fly that high at all. Unless after it showed 'disconnected' I sent it that high while freaking out and hitting controls.
Flight altitude at time of loss if I remember right was around 20'
When you lost connection did you have the AC in sight? Would be pretty easy to discern a rapid climb if it happened right in front of you?

When you lost connection did you have the AC in sight? Would be pretty easy to discern a rapid climb if it happened right in front of you?

Well...that's the catch 22. :( I was around 4,000' away. Flying over my own land, if I wasn't on my property I would have maintained a visual eye on it.

I lost one of my I1's the other day. I lost all signal on my remote. Top of my screen just said "disconnected".
"Disconnected" typically means the connection between remote and mobile device is lost, not the remote-aircraft link. So the aircraft still has signal and all is good for it, so it won't come back home.
You'd have to hit the RTH button manually at that point. And try to disconnect/reconnect the mobile device cable to see if link comes back.

If the mobile device didn't receive data anymore the log would be inexistent/broken.

Reactions: Carlsberg and Mazz
Definitely check closely around the last known location. I had that happen when I lost sight through some patchy trees. I hit rth, turned controller off, rebooted iPad, waited and nothing. Drove down a road paralleling my path and it popped up on the iPad hovering right where I left it. That was a few firmwares ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"Disconnected" typically means the connection between remote and mobile device is lost, not the remote-aircraft link. So the aircraft still has signal and all is good for it, so it won't come back home.
You'd have to hit the RTH button manually at that point. And try to disconnect/reconnect the mobile device cable to see if link comes back.

If the mobile device didn't receive data anymore the log would be inexistent/broken.

This being completely true and a more likely culprit means you had an issue between your remote and your IPad which I once had to send my controller to DJI for, so it happens. If THIS was the case, whatever inputs you had made on the controller after the disconnect were still controlling your quad. If you tried to bring it lower or killed the motors, it actually happened to the quad. That being said, if you never did anything to make the quad crash while you were controlling it, it may well have gone home to your original take off location when the battery ran low. Did you leave soon after loosing it? Did you ever go back to where you took off from to see if it DID return later?

Reactions: Kilrah
This being completely true and a more likely culprit means you had an issue between your remote and your IPad which I once had to send my controller to DJI for, so it happens. If THIS was the case, whatever inputs you had made on the controller after the disconnect were still controlling your quad. If you tried to bring it lower or killed the motors, it actually happened to the quad. That being said, if you never did anything to make the quad crash while you were controlling it, it may well have gone home to your original take off location when the battery ran low. Did you leave soon after loosing it? Did you ever go back to where you took off from to see if it DID return later?
Assuming you were on the IOS platform (ipad or iphone), did you check the usb cable connection? Was an apple certificated one?

Do many of you guys see this disconnect? He'll I'm running the stock USB with a apple lightening adapter. I have a mini 2 NOTHING on it except DJI. Never experienced an overheat or disconnect. To be fair I haven't flown in the sun on a super hot day.. I'd rather be on my boat for that.

I've never had a problem either. I only have the DJI APP installed, except for the stuff that comes on a factory IPAD Air 2z.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips