Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Lost signal and crashed

It wasn't an atti issue, I had no control video nor controls! If it was atti, I would have control of the bird.

Nolan, could you not have just flipped the switch to atti and regain control? (sorry if that has already been asked or answered)

Mark

Mark, I had zero control of the aircraft. The control sticks had no effect on the aircraft, I also had no video/app connection to the aircraft.

Today I would like to share with you the fact occurred. Programmed, I checked all sensors and settings. I made the home setting and took off swimmingly. And then I landed as ever. In the second flight, took off and 2 minutes, simply lost all orientation does not respond to any commands and began flying disoriented, and flew aimlessly for more than 800 meters and disappeared, the screen appeared only disconnected! The control light turned red. I was quite worried. I took the car and went in your search. Car pointed out control and pressed the home button a lot of time. And I think the Inspire has crashed, but where? At this moment the control turn light GREEN.... I can't see the Inspire... And the display show it at 780 meters.. I torned botton to home more one,and to my surprise I see him return ... took the car and returned to the point home, I saw him coming gracefully in the sky. unhurried, gliding slowly and I like the child watching...as if nothing had happened!I thought at first a strong wind or vortex, but the canopy of trees and plants were static all time. I locked to 80m high and 300m distance.

After the fact fetched recorded material and to my surprise he did not record the full video only the first 20 seconds after a blue screen and multiple distorted images.

I am now very worried because at first I thought it was a mistake my operation but I see that the problem occurred in Inspire 1. I did the firmware update 4 days ago.

I'm hearing more an more of these incidents. I'm not a seasoned flyer. I have been flying since last spring, owned a Phantom Vision Plus and Phantom 2 with GoPro, and have only flown in GPS mode.

What I'm hearing (I think) is...when we are flying in the GPS mode and there is a sudden loss of control, we should quickly move the switch on the back of the remote to the middle ATTI position and hopefully regain control this way? And that we should be ready to make this switch quickly.

To that end, it would probably be good for us less experienced flyers to practice flying in the Atti mode in a big open field?

Thanks

Hi.

the same happened to me, push back and go away.

Today I would like to share with you the fact occurred. Programmed, I checked all sensors and settings. I made the home setting and took off swimmingly. And then I landed as ever. In the second flight, took off and 2 minutes, simply lost all orientation does not respond to any commands and began flying disoriented, and flew aimlessly for more than 800 meters and disappeared, the screen appeared only disconnected! The control light turned red. I was quite worried. I took the car and went in your search. Car pointed out control and pressed the home button a lot of time. And I think the Inspire has crashed, but where? At this moment the control turn light GREEN.... I can't see the Inspire... And the display show it at 780 meters.. I torned botton to home more one,and to my surprise I see him return ... took the car and returned to the point home, I saw him coming gracefully in the sky. unhurried, gliding slowly and I like the child watching...as if nothing had happened!I thought at first a strong wind or vortex, but the canopy of trees and plants were static all time. I locked to 80m high and 300m distance.

After the fact fetched recorded material and to my surprise he did not record the full video only the first 20 seconds after a blue screen and multiple distorted images.

I am now very worried because at first I thought it was a mistake my operation but I see that the problem occurred in Inspire 1. I did the firmware update 4 days ago.
Hey Milton. ..
I'm guessing you weren't using a screen recoding device. .
If youre on ios try the shou app..it doesn't work well for most pilots but maybe it will for you..
Mobizen app works great if you're on android..
I use a nvidia shield with a built-in screen recoding device. .
Also you might want to get a gps tracker like a rf-v16 or a tracimo and a pet tracker like the Marc polo or a locator 8 incase this happens again. .
Turbo...

I haven't posted this yet but the other night I did the update. I had not flown since then. It was late at night (dark… 10:30pm) and after watching all the Inspire videos online, I wanted to fly for a bit.

My intention was to just fly around the yard using LOS, nothing more than 10-12' high and putting around.

The next thing I know, I'm out of sight almost and getting a message saying "maximum altitude reached". At that point, I couldn't even tell which direction the Inspire was heading. I was fighting like hell to calmly make it's way back but it seems no matter which way I moved the controller, it flew like it was in atti mode.

I honestly thought it was gone so I hit RTH and she came back. I had already learned my lesson flying at night with a 250 drone I speed around with. (lost it due to lack of satellites) However, my intention was to put around the yard… it just got out of control.

So now that she's back home safe and sound, I honestly don't want to fly it until I get a new update.

Seems I am not alone.

Mark

I haven't posted this yet but the other night I did the update. I had not flown since then. It was late at night (dark… 10:30pm) and after watching all the Inspire videos online, I wanted to fly for a bit.

My intention was to just fly around the yard using LOS, nothing more than 10-12' high and putting around.

The next thing I know, I'm out of sight almost and getting a message saying "maximum altitude reached". At that point, I couldn't even tell which direction the Inspire was heading. I was fighting like hell to calmly make it's way back but it seems no matter which way I moved the controller, it flew like it was in atti mode.

I honestly thought it was gone so I hit RTH and she came back. I had already learned my lesson flying at night with a 250 drone I speed around with. (lost it due to lack of satellites) However, my intention was to put around the yard… it just got out of control.

So now that she's back home safe and sound, I honestly don't want to fly it until I get a new update.

Seems I am not alone.

Mark
Hey mark..
I'd like to know how old your inspire1 is??
Did u just get it or is it an earlier version? ?
just trying to figure out if this is a hardware issue or firmware. .
I suggest the same to you as I did to Milton. .
If you had a screen recoding we might be able to see a pattern and possibly avoid a flyaway.
Turbo. ...

Hey Milton. ..
If youre on ios try the shou app..it doesn't work well for most pilots but maybe it will for you..
Also you might want to get a gps tracker like a rf-v16 or a tracimo and a pet tracker like the Marc polo or a locator 8 incase this happens again. .
Turbo...

Hey, Turbo,

I try to inspect the movie record, but not show... And the tracker it's realy good idea! I will buy tomorow!

And I
Hey Milton. ..
Turbo...

Hey Turbo,

Good idea! I will buy one tracker tomorow.

But I saw the other forum same problem and YouTube the inspire one when as it was finishing the landing and caught the landing gear, he began to rise unchecked and was simply end up the battery and tais video...

Same... See...o_O

Reactions: flyersgirl
Regarding these flyaways...are you guys flicking the switch to atti to try to get control? This stuff scares the crap out of me. Thanks,

Hey mark..
I'd like to know how old your inspire1 is??
Did u just get it or is it an earlier version? ?
just trying to figure out if this is a hardware issue or firmware. .
I suggest the same to you as I did to Milton. .
If you had a screen recoding we might be able to see a pattern and possibly avoid a flyaway.
Turbo. ...

Turbo,

My Inspire is one of the earlier ones. I did just receive it back within the last couple of weeks from DJI when it was getting repaired.

I have had ZERO issues until I did the last two firmware updates. I was on FB and someone described their problem EXACTLY as mine was flying.

I don't have a screen recording setup (yet) but I seriously think there is a FW issue and I'm keeping mine grounded until a new FW gets released.

Mark

Turbo,

My Inspire is one of the earlier ones. I did just receive it back within the last couple of weeks from DJI when it was getting repaired.

I have had ZERO issues until I did the last two firmware updates. I was on FB and someone described their problem EXACTLY as mine was flying.

I don't have a screen recording setup (yet) but I seriously think there is a FW issue and I'm keeping mine grounded until a new FW gets released.

Mark
Hey Mark...
that's nuts...
I have an earlier model too that I also sent into dji la ..mine had a faulty flight controller..
I wasn't to happy with the last two firmware updates..
That's crazy to loose total control ..
When I originally saw the crash video from above I didn't really think it was real..
It seemed like a dji hate video to me,but since there's been more reports coming in of nutty behavior I have to admit I'm concerned. .
Unfortunately we don't know much about what hardware we're running or manufacturer dates ..
I believe they make a one size fits all firmware that may or may not work with what ever hardware we have..
Loosing total control of our inspire1's is a very serious issue in my eyes..
We can't have these things going nuts and crashing down on people or property. .
Hopefully we can work together and figure out where the issue lies..
keep me posted. .
turbo. ...

Hey Milton. ..
I forgot to welcome you to inspirepilots.com. .so welcome! !
That was a crazy video of your flight. .
It's clear you had a malfunction resulting in a crash..
I hope this gets resolved quickly by dji..
Thankfully your i1 didn't cause injury or damage to anyone..
I'm guessing this is firmware related. .
Thanks for posting the video and sharing your experience for others to learn from! !
Anytime this kind of stuff happens it's a bummer ..so try and be patient during the replacement or repair process and make the best of it..
I hope you get your i1 back into the air soon!!
keep us posted on what you find out...
Take care!!
Turbo....

I wonder if there is a way we can go backwards on the FW updates? I'm going to contact DJI and see if I can install my 3rd last FW.

Mark

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44