Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Lost signal... Yet I can still control the I1...?

Dude. I'm nearly in tears. Lol.
You were right.

Exactly what it was.. One pin was slightly off.. I've got it back as best as I can.. The radio channel quality keeps jumping from good to poor regardless of where I am ... In inside the house right now props are off...

So it still may need to be looked at

I'll check it out tomorrow first light... But all the other hair wire crap.. You fixed it. You literally saved me loosing a potential job and a couple hundred to send it out to dji...

Thanks bro.
Thanks a lot

Reactions: The Editor
Hi had the same problem yesterday . About 400 m out over the ocean I had the red weak transmission signal , I pushed on and it came back on for a few seconds then the video went blank for about 1 second before coning back on. Decided it was best to bring the bird home,just as i was landing i got the disconnected signal on the app . lucky i was only 50 feet out. I have the latest firmware and always calibrate and check everything . I rebooted the iPad and today have flown 6 batteries with no issues , Buggered if know what happened. any ideas would be much appreciated

Dude. I'm nearly in tears. Lol.
You were right.

Exactly what it was.. One pin was slightly off.. I've got it back as best as I can.. The radio channel quality keeps jumping from good to poor regardless of where I am ... In inside the house right now props are off...

So it still may need to be looked at

I'll check it out tomorrow first light... But all the other hair wire crap.. You fixed it. You literally saved me loosing a potential job and a couple hundred to send it out to dji...

Thanks bro.
Thanks a lot

Glad that was the problem. Those pins are very delicate so watch out for carefully aligning the gimbal up each time you fit it.
Your poor signal indoors maybe just as simple as you are surrounded by WiFi crap everywhere around you and multipath signals are causing the Inspire to drop video feed.
Try it outside in the yard - you can leave the Inspire on the ground and just walk away from it etc.

Hi had the same problem yesterday . About 400 m out over the ocean I had the red weak transmission signal , I pushed on and it came back on for a few seconds then the video went blank for about 1 second before coning back on. Decided it was best to bring the bird home,just as i was landing i got the disconnected signal on the app . lucky i was only 50 feet out. I have the latest firmware and always calibrate and check everything . I rebooted the iPad and today have flown 6 batteries with no issues , Buggered if know what happened. any ideas would be much appreciated
This is usually caused by the lightbridge swapping channels. Instead of the signal getting weaker and noisier as with analogue systems the lightbridge is digital and so the video will momentarily freeze or drop. Fly 'through' it and the video will usually reappear.
I have regularly flown out past 2km with no problems whatsoever on stock equipmemt.

This is usually caused by the lightbridge swapping channels. Instead of the signal getting weaker and noisier as with analogue systems the lightbridge is digital and so the video will momentarily freeze or drop. Fly 'through' it and the video will usually reappear.
I have regularly flown out past 2km with no problems whatsoever on stock equipmemt.

That didn't concern me as much as the disconnected icon in the app . I had no video or telemetry. I'm glad it was close to bring home

That didn't concern me as much as the disconnected icon in the app . I had no video or telemetry. I'm glad it was close to bring home

The disconnected problem is one that DJI are working on to improve the optimisation on the app.
At the moment it appears that on many devices the app pushes the processor so hard that iPads and Android platforms can go up into thermal throttle after they have been running for a few minutes and in high ambient temperatures.
DJI are aware of this and are looking at ways to further optimise the app and reduce the loading on the CPU.

The disconnected problem is one that DJI are working on to improve the optimisation on the app.
At the moment it appears that on many devices the app pushes the processor so hard that iPads and Android platforms can go up into thermal throttle after they have been running for a few minutes and in high ambient temperatures.
DJI are aware of this and are looking at ways to further optimise the app and reduce the loading on the CPU.

Hey thanks for the info , that makes sense as it only happened yesterday after continually flying with 3 batteries one after another and today I ran 6 batterys but at different times during the day .

I am also having this problem (constant, intermittent video signal loss, and most recently complete RC signal loss, only solved by rebooting RC) I run a Samsung Pro Tab 8.4" and this is the first I have heard of CPU issues. My video loss seems much worse in conditions with ANY wind, leading me to believe it is a faulty connection in the craft somewhere between the gimbal and the AC. This is just speculation obviously.

I am at my wits end after nearly losing the bird over water recently. I am planning to send it in for repairs.... sigh.

I am also having this problem (constant, intermittent video signal loss, and most recently complete RC signal loss, only solved by rebooting RC) I run a Samsung Pro Tab 8.4" and this is the first I have heard of CPU issues. My video loss seems much worse in conditions with ANY wind, leading me to believe it is a faulty connection in the craft somewhere between the gimbal and the AC. This is just speculation obviously.

I am at my wits end after nearly losing the bird over water recently. I am planning to send it in for repairs.... sigh.

Answered Here (and moved to help section)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela