Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Which platform do you prefer / recommend for industrial use?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Website
www.overlookfs.com
Looking at moving from a more Film / TV service provider to an Industrial service provider doing tower inspections, utility line inspections, pipeline inspections, Search & Rescue, etc...

I'm wondering if I should get the new M-210 or go with a M-600 Pro. I like the extra level of redundancy of the M-600 but I really like the portability of the M-210 and flexibility of the enhancements like dual cameras, FPV camera built-in and top mounted gimbal mount.

I like the M-600 Pro also because of the flexibility to carry different camera systems and so that I can still support my Film / TV business using it where with the M-210 it's a bit more restricted. I've had the Inspire 1 and the Inspire 2 in the past and loved the platform. But for industrial side I thought it would be better to have higher redundancy and an aircraft better situated for that kind of work.

I welcome other's input.

Doesn't the M210 have features that make it more resistant to radio interference? In addition, isn't it also water resistant (maybe water proof?)? If I was going into industrial inspections, I would prefer having the flexibility of flying in any kind of weather and also having strong radio control on industrial sites where radio interference could be a problem.

Doesn't the M210 have features that make it more resistant to radio interference? In addition, isn't it also water resistant (maybe water proof?)? If I was going into industrial inspections, I would prefer having the flexibility of flying in any kind of weather and also having strong radio control on industrial sites where radio interference could be a problem.

Although the M210 might be water resistant, non of the lenses are and I doubt the gimbals are as of now.

All of the gimbals are IP 43 rated except the X5S. This is of course unofficial at this point but my contacts from inside DJI the rating will soon be announced for the XT,z30, x4s will be IP 43 The X5S rating is different and will come later.

That is good to know.

I can't see the x5s actually being weather resistant/IP rated at all, even if dji decide to say it is - for a start, there's no sealing ring on the lens mount, it's metal-on-metal and I doubt the Oly lenses would be resistant either! (Same goes for the x5). Some Oly/Pany lenses are WR, but none of the x5/x5s compatible ones that I can find.

I also hope they're going to introduce some sort of weather seal on the gimbal mount too...!

(ed. to remove autocorrect typos!)

Last edited:
I can't see the x5s actually being weather resistant/IP rated at all, even if dji decide to say it is - for a start, there's no sealing ring on the lens mount, it's metal-on-metal and I doubt the Only lenses would be resistant either! (Same goes for the x5). Some Oly/Pany lenses are WR, but none of the x5/x5s combat ones that I can find.
Yes I agree with you. All but the X5S are weather resistant. I wouldn’t fly the X5S in rain at all.

Reactions: NickU
Looking at moving from a more Film / TV service provider to an Industrial service provider doing tower inspections, utility line inspections, pipeline inspections, Search & Rescue, etc...

I'm wondering if I should get the new M-210 or go with a M-600 Pro. I like the extra level of redundancy of the M-600 but I really like the portability of the M-210 and flexibility of the enhancements like dual cameras, FPV camera built-in and top mounted gimbal mount.

I like the M-600 Pro also because of the flexibility to carry different camera systems and so that I can still support my Film / TV business using it where with the M-210 it's a bit more restricted. I've had the Inspire 1 and the Inspire 2 in the past and loved the platform. But for industrial side I thought it would be better to have higher redundancy and an aircraft better situated for that kind of work.

I welcome other's input.
I am also considering there 2 options. Problem is the limitations with camera controls if you don't use Sony DSLR's.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters