Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Major vibration

I had the same "issue" with my Inspire 1. I ordered the balancing rod for the Inspire 1 that works with the ( DU_BRO) Prop Balancer. Amazingly enough the Stock Inspire 1 props are not that far out of balance, but they where slightly out. After balancing the props it appears that ALL vibration is gone from my Inspire 1 !!! I have never seen such a slight balance make that large of a difference but, maybe due to the positioning of the motors and the composition of the prop arms they are more susceptible to vibration from an out of balance prop.

Anyone else try this ?
I don't know if that will work for me, because if the props where unbalanced they will vibrate all the time, I just tried the gains and it isn't that, I'll try to open and put the rubber

I had to experiment to find the right thickness for the shims I inserted. The first set I tried almost completely locked up the joint, which is why I recommend disconnecting the stabilizer bar and testing the joint by hand. I have included more specific instructions below. The answer to your question is in step 4.

Cheers
Did you tightened the big black bolt? Or just added the rubber?

update from my side:

I DID NOT tightened the big black bolt.. didn't touch them
instead I opened the t-bar cover and removed the tiny existing rubber and put 3 layers of small duct-tape strips on each side, closed the cover again and done..
now i don't have the "clack clack" sound that i had before when moving the legs and all vibration in hovering is gone.

thomas

Thomas, did the duct tape just take up the slack/gap between the carbon fiber arm and the t-bar clam shell?

update from my side:

instead I opened the t-bar cover and removed the tiny existing rubber and put 3 layers of small duct-tape strips on each side, closed the cover again and done..
now i don't have the "clack clack" sound that i had before when moving the legs and all vibration in hovering is gone.

thomas
Ok thanks, just made the same fix and it worked fine a flew it already and the vibration was gone, thanks for the tip and the pics with the steps

Reactions: Eliran
i did put the tape on where the previous rubbers were. on the metal ring around the carbon fiber arm. this meta ring has a gap and is a little bit expanded. .. with help of the tape on in and then the cover put on it again firmly the gap will be closed (because the metal ring will be compressed) and all is good.

phew.. difficult to explain :) i unfortunately didn't take pictures. if more people wants to see it again, i am happy to open it up again and shoot some. but maybe someone else did some more pictures. What rob had posted some pages back was enough for me to understand though..

thomas

Reactions: amp
i did put the tape on where the previous rubbers were. on the metal ring around the carbon fiber arm. this meta ring has a gap and is a little bit expanded. .. with help of the tape on in and then the cover put on it again firmly the gap will be closed (because the metal ring will be compressed) and all is good.

phew.. difficult to explain :) i unfortunately didn't take pictures. if more people wants to see it again, i am happy to open it up again and shoot some. but maybe someone else did some more pictures. What rob had posted some pages back was enough for me to understand though..

thomas
Yes I also used those pics as a guide, let's see how much will last

update from my side:

thomas

Did you remove the support bar to confirm that the LG still rotates smoothly?

Thomas or anyone else who had succes on the operation, please make a video ;-)

Did you remove the support bar to confirm that the LG still rotates smoothly?

No. I didn't. I closed the T-bar cover with the screws after applying the tape (it was a gorilla tape, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001E5ZWT4), tested 3-4 times going in travel mode and back and as this worked without problem i unscrewed again, put some loctite on the screws (http://www.amazon.com/24221-Fluid-Ounce-Loctite-Threadlocker/dp/B00484PXMO) to make sure they are not coming off - as DJI used some threadlocker before) and firmly tighend them again and was ready for first test flight.

thomas

No. I didn't. I closed the T-bar cover with the screws after applying the tape (it was a gorilla tape, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001E5ZWT4), tested 3-4 times going in travel mode and back and as this worked without problem i unscrewed again, put some loctite on the screws (http://www.amazon.com/24221-Fluid-Ounce-Loctite-Threadlocker/dp/B00484PXMO) to make sure they are not coming off - as DJI used some threadlocker before) and firmly tighend them again and was ready for first test flight.

thomas
Well then you did it wrong. How hard is it to remove one screw from the support bar to test for binding? This is what worries me about people doing this mod. You wouldn't be able to tell how much stress you're putting on the screw drive / retract system.

The key is to ale the slop out but not to create a bind. Mine only required 10mil, that's about the thickness of a sandwich bag.

If you're going to work on this type of craft you have to do it correctly and not take short cuts. Using duct tape was a poor choice as well. So many better options.

Such an easy mod if you stop to think about the mechanics in place.

Reactions: Dennis
will someone put up the link to the service video showing how to do it the right way?

yes, interested as well. i think blade strike is one of the few here who exactly knows what is "wrong" and what is "right", maybe he can share his constructive instructions.

thomas

yes, interested as well. i think blade strike is one of the few here who exactly knows what is "wrong" and what is "right", maybe he can share his constructive instructions.

thomas
I would love to guys but unfortunately cant. Do to my relationship with DJI. I can say your very close and I explained what needed to be done after adding to the rubber isolation.

Gentleman, some bird told me that the "missing link" (or the thing to do the "Grand Finalle") is to do all that Thomas did plus the regulation of the swing arms via the underneath bolt (the one with that voids warranty).
We´re almost there gentleman.

Blade strike, I can clearly see that you´re tied up regarding your relationship with DJI. Thank you very much for your effort to show us the path.

ATB.

Gentleman, some bird told me that the "missing link" (or the thing to do the "Grand Finalle") is to do all that Thomas did plus the regulation of the swing arms via the underneath bolt (the one with that voids warranty).
We´re almost there gentleman.

Blade strike, I can clearly see that you´re tied up regarding your relationship with DJI. Thank you very much for your effort to show us the path.

ATB.

After you think you have added the right amount of material to the rubber strips, please remove thsee two screws.
20150213_084235.jpg
Then rotate the arm and see if there is any Binding. The T clamp should be tight enough not to have slop but loose enough to allow the arm ti rotate freely.

I am no way endorsing this or telling you to do it. I'm providing information to those that have already started the fix. I don't want people to start killing their retract servo.

Reactions: amp and Eliran
I´m stating here that your hints are, in my final thoughts, reliefing DJI from the HUGE amount of technical support for this issues. In other words, you´re making a wonderful job making us, DJI clients, on the "Easy mode" while the company don~t release the official video.
We´re VERY aware that your hints are NOT official DJI procedures although they are VERY mature and technically efficient.
Thank you again, blade strike for helping us and even more, helping DJI on this.

Although I certainly appreciate the efforts of blade strike and all who have experimented with the fix, I want DJI to supply the correct fix instructions (and parts if any) in an official form that won't void my warranty (btw the notion that I would lose my warranty on a $3K drone to fix their problem is quite ridiculous). blade strike, do you know what's going on at DJI about this fix and why it's taking so long to come out?

I was told by DJI three weeks ago a video was coming. When I heard nothing about it, I went back to DJI a little over a week ago (same tech in China, same case file) and they then told me the vibrations were normal, that I would never see the effect in my video. ?!?

Although I certainly appreciate the efforts of blade strike and all who have experimented with the fix, I want DJI to supply the correct fix instructions (and parts if any) in an official form that won't void my warranty (btw the notion that I would lose my warranty on a $3K drone to fix their problem is quite ridiculous). blade strike, do you know what's going on at DJI about this fix and why it's taking so long to come out?

I was told by DJI three weeks ago a video was coming. When I heard nothing about it, I went back to DJI a little over a week ago (same tech in China, same case file) and they then told me the vibrations were normal, that I would never see the effect in my video. ?!?

Currently they are supplied if you send your unit in. So they are offering a fix just not to the end user yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
william_sewell