Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Matrice 600 update

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a matrice 600, which I recently updated. Here are the steps I took.
First I connected the m600 to a computer and updated firmware with Assistant 2 for matrice version 2.0.5;
Then still connected I tried to update lightbridge with Assistant 2 version 1.2.5 but after reaching 100% it displayed "error 1300" something to do with fpga verification. After restarting the aircraft everything seems fine, and the firmware version for the lightbrige 2 air unit is displayed as latest.
Then I turned on the remove which wouldn't connect at first (the firmware was still old) so I updated it too, and once finished everything connected and works perfectly.
Right now there are no errors displayed.
My questions is, is it safe to fly with lightbrige 2 error 1300?
Tt was there during the update but not right now?

Hi,

I have a matrice 600, which I recently updated. Here are the steps I took.
First I connected the m600 to a computer and updated firmware with Assistant 2 for matrice version 2.0.5;
Then still connected I tried to update lightbridge with Assistant 2 version 1.2.5 but after reaching 100% it displayed "error 1300" something to do with fpga verification. After restarting the aircraft everything seems fine, and the firmware version for the lightbrige 2 air unit is displayed as latest.
Then I turned on the remove which wouldn't connect at first (the firmware was still old) so I updated it too, and once finished everything connected and works perfectly.
Right now there are no errors displayed.
My questions is, is it safe to fly with lightbrige 2 error 1300?
Tt was there during the update but not right now?

I'm 90% sure LightBridge has nothing to do with flight function. An experiment I would try is to disconnect the LightBridge unit and see what error messages you get when you fire the bird up (probably warnings about video feed). I would then see if the bird's motors will still spin up. If they spin up and all error messages are limited to video feed, I'd say you're good. That said...

I'm a "real world test flight" kind of guy. If you have any suspicions at all, remove all payloads and go some place with grass and a lot of room and do some hover and low-level flying tests. It's amazing how many times I have flushed out issues by simply conducting test flights. Back in my Phantom 1 days, I had a 6-flight rule post any modification. These days I'm happy with 2 or 3 test flights. This is especially true of firmware or software updates, which I disallow. Once the platform is solid and reliable, I lock down everything, including the app. And I always make sure I have an exit strategy for iOS updates that may screw with any of my drone software.

Good luck.

D

Last edited:
Reactions: davidbnz

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool