Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Maximum range for the Inspire 1 ???

Reaction score
Hi all,

I own a P2 Vision+ with the Stage 4 Kit from FPVLR and I can get out to 2.8 miles under optimal conditions. They even have some 12-turn helicals that they claim can push reliable FPV out to 5 or 6 miles, but I remain skeptical.

What is the max. range you guys are getting with your Inspire 1's? I read on another thread that some people are claiming 2 miles on stock equipment, but I'm not seeing video and GPS coordinates to verify these claims? I'd need to see video synced up with GPS coordinates so I can independently verify the data.

Also, I asked Tony the owner at FPVLR if he has any special antennas for the Inspire and he says he does, but is unwilling to give any details at this time. He's already made a claim that one of his Inspire customers is able to get 1080p FPV out to 8km (5 miles). Does this sound like hogwash to you?

Last edited:
...... He's already made a claim that one of his Inspire customers is able to get 1080p FPV out to 8km (5 miles). Does this sound like hogwash to you?

Well, since the Inspire 1 doesn't transmit 1080p FPV - yes.... it's hogwash!

I've flown out 2.5kms which is my maximum range on stock equipment, so far!

Rather impressive for stock. I remember seeing some Lightbridge testing on YouTube last summer and some folks were barely getting 1 mile range.

So it appears DJI beefed up the transmitter power and maybe even the antennas for the Inspire.

I still want to get 2.4 GHz amp and FPVLR antennas for it. I'd like to get reliable FPV out to 3 miles like I'm now getting with my Vision+.

Rather impressive for stock. I remember seeing some Lightbridge testing on YouTube last summer and some folks were barely getting 1 mile range.

So it appears DJI beefed up the transmitter power and maybe even the antennas for the Inspire.

I still want to get 2.4 GHz amp and FPVLR antennas for it. I'd like to get reliable FPV out to 3 miles like I'm now getting with my Vision+.
There's a guy with a video and data that went 3 miles with a stock inspire ..it's on this forum under max distance or something like that...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop