Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

"MC Connection to Center Board Failed" - Solved & Prevention

Reaction score
I found out the hard way what this message means and how to fix it and prevent it from happening again. After upgrading to the latest firmware (1.4.0.10 as of this writing), I flew the full duration of one TB48 battery with absolutely no problems at all. I've developed the habit of changing out each memory card with each battery change. When I put in a different card and battery, I got the loud single beeping, and the cryptic message "MC Connection to Center Board Failed". After going home to troubleshoot, also got the messages, "Gimbal Cannot Receive MC Data" and " Unplug 8 pin line between Damping Plate & Aircraft. 8 Pin Connection Loose". It goes on to tell you to restart the aircraft and if that doesn't help, call Customer Service. It turns out that the card I put in for the second flight still contained the .bin file for a previous firmware version. Plus the combination of already having the controller powered on, really confused the Inspire while it tried to read the firmware file. It locked up completely and would only emit the loud single beep. Couldn't even get it into travel mode to put it away.

The way to fix this is to start with a memory card that has the current firmware on it and do a firmware "upgrade" like you are supposed to, meaning with the controller off. It is very hard to hear, but the Inspire will be doing the "dit dit dit dit" beeping from the gimbal even while the aircraft is doing the much louder single beep the whole time. After the update is complete, the single beep will go away and you'll be able to hear the " dit - dit dit" that lets you know it's finished. After that, you are back ready to fly!!

To prevent this from happening again, be sure to remove the .bin file from all your memory cards after finishing any future upgrades.

I too experience the loud beep issue when I put a MicroSD card in with the older firmware after upgrading to 1.4.0.x. I have now marked the original 16GB card as my one and only firmware upgrade card. This stops old version being mistakenly being inserted and inadvertently starting a downgrade.

I too experience the loud beep issue when I put a MicroSD card in with the older firmware after upgrading to 1.4.0.x. I have now marked the original 16GB card as my one and only firmware upgrade card. This stops old version being mistakenly being inserted and inadvertently starting a downgrade.
Exactly what I have done, read a post months ago warning against flying with a firmware bin on it. I have one 16gb card the original that came with my inspire.

wish I read this earlier, as I write this my inspire is on the kitchen table, making the most awful din of beeps of which varying rhythms. (is that normal), Can anyone say how long it goes on for? I did put a fully charged battery in just in case. the dit dit in the background is just that not a dit dit - dit dit.

Thank goodness for forums like this, I haven't had my Inspire long and have been putting off the firmware update, I decided to do it this morning and thought it had completed and it hadn't, I then get the loud beep beep beep on startup and thought I had bricked it, did a search on here and read some threads and this one saved me, I hope, I just switched it on and left it for five minutes and now all appears to be good.

Reactions: The Editor
Thanks for this post, it saved my bacon!
I had no Image Transmission so decided the best was to re-load the firmware & thought something was up as there wasn't the usual dit--dit dit sound so switched off & on only to have what you described.
Followed your instructions & was up & flying in no time! Many thanks!!!

wish I read this earlier, as I write this my inspire is on the kitchen table, making the most awful din of beeps of which varying rhythms. (is that normal), Can anyone say how long it goes on for? I did put a fully charged battery in just in case. the dit dit in the background is just that not a dit dit - dit dit.
Is Inspire Error Eliminated? How?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth