Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Motor disassembly?

Reaction score
Website
www.precisionaerialsllc.com
So I am trying to get one of my motors apart as I am adding these prop adapters and a screw was stripped (likely by me but it stripped way too easily so I dunno) and I have the bolt drilled through but the bottom part is lodged between the bell and the stator.

I have the clip off the shaft at the bottom but cannot get it off. Could use some help here.

Good luck, I tried as well to get bearing sizes, and I'm not sure if there's not another snap ring somewhere, or these things are pressed together unlike many other brushless motors.

Me either, and been working with this kind of stuff for 20 years, I just didn't have the need to put it in the press to get it apart.

Found a seller of new motors in Rhode Island I just ordered from. Said they don't have them in stock yet but estimate 2 weeks max. Went ahead and placed an order.I am half tempted to destroy this motor to get it apart just to see what the issue is holding it together, but I hate to do that incase I can rebuild it later.

Reactions: Thatius Dudeson
So I finally had it and decided to get my motor that has shaving inside of it apart even if it meant destroying the motor.

I had one last thought and had to really makeshift a press but hey it worked!! So here is inside the inspire 2 motor. To disassemble you NEED a press. You press on the shaft with the base mounted on something.

Time to get my bird back in the air!17904264_1293622670686157_8133465669221917768_n.jpg 17522689_1293620974019660_5644801309435714555_n.jpg 17883737_1293620944019663_1744291419470667518_n.jpg

So you basically remove the small C-ring on the bottom and then press on the top of the shaft to push that part of the motor out?

Hi Fickert.
What is the brassbushing?
I removed the cap ( for the oil ) and the small c ring. After this i tried to press, but i was afraid to break something. So i stopped.
Is there anything else to remove or is it only the c ring ?
Regards. Jochen

Hi Fickert.
What is the brassbushing?
I removed the cap ( for the oil ) and the small c ring. After this i tried to press, but i was afraid to break something. So i stopped.
Is there anything else to remove or is it only the c ring ?
Regards. Jochen
Hi,

You need to get some small needle nose pliers. The brass ring is under the c clip on the shaft. It will come off if you work it off a bit. I just got my inspire back together otherwise I would show you.

So I am trying to get one of my motors apart as I am adding these prop adapters and a screw was stripped (likely by me but it stripped way too easily so I dunno) and I have the bolt drilled through but the bottom part is lodged between the bell and the stator.

I have the clip off the shaft at the bottom but cannot get it off. Could use some help here.

Last edited:
Found motors for you on eBay thought you were looking before.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170416-214313.png
    Screenshot_20170416-214313.png
    283.6 KB · Views: 39
I got a metal shaving in one of my Inspire 2 motors while drilling out a stripped screw head also. Despite precautions like tape covering all openings, something got in there and makes an uncomfortable sound when I turn it. I've tried powerful vacuum, compressed air, etc.

BTW, I hate DJI's prop mounts and stupid shallow T8 torx soft cold rolled steel screws that have super loctited up BS screw mounting from the factory. I only got 5 of the 8 screws out without incident.

I was unable to find any guide on how to remove the motor. Only two allen screws are visible from the outside, so how do you access the hidden screws?

I got a metal shaving in one of my Inspire 2 motors while drilling out a stripped screw head also. Despite precautions like tape covering all openings, something got in there and makes an uncomfortable sound when I turn it. I've tried powerful vacuum, compressed air, etc.

BTW, I hate DJI's prop mounts and stupid shallow T8 torx soft cold rolled steel screws that have super loctited up BS screw mounting from the factory. I only got 5 of the 8 screws out without incident.

I was unable to find any guide on how to remove the motor. Only two allen screws are visible from the outside, so how do you access the hidden screws?

DJI Inspire 2 Teardown - What's inside? - RC Geeks Blog

:)

Reactions: low_budget
That's a great Inspire 2 repair guide
Thanks!

I've designed some motor mounts to use with the T motor props and have a machinist making them for me. The screws will use a 2.5mm Allen wrench so the heads won't strip easily and ill never have to deal with the crappy dji screws again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawsonlee