Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Motor stop mid air? Myth Bust!

Reaction score
When you flying your I2, be careful not to trigger this combo, or perform a fly "down-yaw left-backword-roll right" at the same time

sorry to burst your bubble and no offense meant but that stick combo (aka - CSC) is for emergency only and as one would never fly that for any reason it is meant to shut off motors to minimize threat, damage or casulties in any situation.
nevertheless the video is a nice aproach and showcasing this.
:)
cheers

edit: phone keyboard... typO's... lol. corrected my txt.

then, is that there are 2 way to stop the motor in mid-flight?
1. CSC (both stick bottom inside corner)
2. left stick bottom inside corner + RTH button
bandicam_2017-04-09_22-12-49-150.png

none of the above steps will trigger the motor stop if CSC turned off in GO4?

The lower corner inside+ RTH belongs to CSC or not?

it looks like the "lower corner inside+ RTH" is a really good combo and safe enough to perform emergency motor stop in purpose

the original CSC..... sounds will eventually trigger in mid-air, I doubt....

Reactions: Lloyd
it looks like the "lower corner inside+ RTH" is a really good combo and safe enough to perform emergency motor stop in purpose

the original CSC..... sounds will eventually trigger in mid-air, I doubt....

I just tried to verify without props so it is not actually in flight. It gives me a lot of motor warnings as I thought it would so this will have to be confirmed. Both methods shut the motors with CSC activated. With CSC deactivated, the funny thing is they still stopped with both methods.
This is not a good test. Will have to try when in flight with somebody holding.

sorry to burst your bubble and no offense meant but that stick combo (aka - CSC) is for emergency only and as one would never fly that for any reason it is meant to shut off motors to minimize threat, damage or casulties in any situation.
nevertheless the video is a nice aproach and showcasing this.
:)
cheers

edit: phone keyboard... typO's... lol. corrected my txt.

I'm more of a pilot than anything, flying RC competitively years before "drones"

There are many, many times I have to stop myself from getting close to Csc stick inputs. The aircraft limits its agility, it's not going to flip over or get very wacky no matter what. So if I'm doing a quick descent while steering it around it's easy to end up inputting csc. What if you still have control but need to make hard maneuvers to avoid obstacles or make an emergency landing approach where tight descending maneuvers helps bleed off momentum while avoiding descending into your own prop wash which can itself cause unwanted movements and instability... just my 2 cents

Reactions: Lloyd and Phatzo
I'm more of a pilot than anything, flying RC competitively years before "drones"

There are many, many times I have to stop myself from getting close to Csc stick inputs. The aircraft limits its agility, it's not going to flip over or get very wacky no matter what. So if I'm doing a quick descent while steering it around it's easy to end up inputting csc. What if you still have control but need to make hard maneuvers to avoid obstacles or make an emergency landing approach where tight descending maneuvers helps bleed off momentum while avoiding descending into your own prop wash which can itself cause unwanted movements and instability... just my 2 cents

all true and i agree to full extent. but when we honestly look at insoire 1 or 2 they are not really made for manuvers like this... for that kind of flying one might get a racer :)
nevertheless you are right and i agree that there should not nessecearily (spelling sorry) be such an emergancy combo on the sticks...

cheers:)

As long as we're bursting bubbles, he says exactly this around 1:24. I would like to politely suggest that next time you reserve criticism until you have watched the entire 4 minute video. Imagine going through the trouble of making a video to impart absolute understanding, just have some yahoo chastise you for not stating something you clearly stated a mere 1.5 minutes into the video???

Cheers.

When you flying your I2, be careful not to trigger this combo, or perform a fly "down-yaw left-backword-roll right" at the same time

Great video!

I did the same test. But I stalled my motors at a slightly higher altitude....<;^) To skip the boring stuff, advance to 3:00.

Disclaimer: FAA trolls, SAVE IT.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
examdumps1