Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!
Reaction score
Website
www.helidronesurveys.co.uk
I am looking at ways to attach a 360 camera - Capture one- camera at the rear of my Inspire 1V2.

Using a clamp and selfie stick with the camera attached Will change the centre of gravity. Slightly backwards I think .
Do a counter balance this with more front loading ( small weights)
Or let the drone auto calibrate ? Would this happen?
Not sure ?

Anybody got any advice about making sure the drone still functions well ?
Thanks

Reactions: InspireEagle
I've seen weights on camera to offset a heavy lens so counter weights worked there but that is a delicate dance to much weight or to far back no good either good luck

I'm interested in your results as I've a similar 4K video/audio camera I've been thinking of attaching. Total weight would be < 3 oz. for the camera, but still haggling trying to find a simple mount and where. My thoughts were on the main cowl (on top,) but props would be a problem if too low, somewhere near the battery inssert, but other than some half-are method of mounting, and/or drilling and affixing a standard threaded mount, came up empty so far. Looking for ideas as well.
The pic is some plastic doo-dad that came with something photographic from who knows where, but it has hope. LOL

Attachments

• I1Vs copy.jpg
    I1Vs copy.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 40
  • RubeGoldberg.jpg
    RubeGoldberg.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Any help here?

I am looking at ways to attach a 360 camera - Capture one- camera at the rear of my Inspire 1V2.

Using a clamp and selfie stick with the camera attached Will change the centre of gravity. Slightly backwards I think .
Do a counter balance this with more front loading ( small weights)
Or let the drone auto calibrate ? Would this happen?
Not sure ?

Anybody got any advice about making sure the drone still functions well ?
Thanks

Question. Would it be a bad idea to mount a bracket off the boom arm?
Vibration issues? I’m thinking that attaching something to the same tube that the motors are running from may provide too much vibration.
Anyone tried that?

this was a quick method I tried yesterday - it did have an issue - as the landing gear raised it clipped one of the props, (rear white) although the drone maintained steady flight not far off the ground so I thought it better to land. The Insta360 is a fantastic camera which has built in stabilisation - I will upload the video...

IMG_0497.jpg
IMG_0493.jpgIMG_0494.jpg
IMG_0492.jpg

Last edited:
A strobe light mount that I’m working on. Wouldn’t be hard to add a
1/4 20 threaded hole into something like this to attach a camera.
This would have the ability to swivel to any position as long as you don’t get near the prop swing area. Weight is just under 1 ounce.
3C34484F-3E58-4345-988F-F6344C6E753E.jpeg007A3B42-20BF-466E-A4A5-2015D8D7DB37.jpeg

Reactions: Donnie Frank
This type of mount could be made to attach to the larger main boom closer to the center of the aircraft.

I have been making these for about 8 months without any problems when flying my Inspire 1V2 . One will mount a EVO SS or Hogem gimbal the other accepts a GoPro style buckle and allows quick change for lighting. I have a GoPro 360 mounted I will be testing next week . The gimbal version also has a GoPro adapter.

The only problem I have had is on initial take off with a gimbal mounted camera I get the follwoing message:
"Ultrasonic Systems Error. Land Immediately" because of proximity to sonic sensors on first lift off. I have found that if you simply take off to low height and land and take off again corrects this. This message does not occur with the GoPro only mount my best guess is the size of gimbal trips DJI Go up. I have had many flights with rear camera and never had a problem with weight distribution.

Here are a couple quick you tube videos one with gimbal mounted Hero 5 one with direct GoPro mounted Hero 5. Total weight 370g with gimbal 160g without.

With EVO SS and Hero 5
Without EVO SS direct mount

Attachments

• $_57 (7).jpg
    $_57 (7).jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 23
  • s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 23
I can add a upward facing GoPro buckle to my mount on the backtop of name tag replacement this would get the 360 degree camera above the rear tail lighting.

Last edited:
I have a spotlight attached to the rear plate. It flies just fine.
8880015236a04f172425abe3e2f255dc.jpg

Reactions: CoreySnipes

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido