Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!
Reaction score
Hey Team

I bought an Inspire 2 used and it had carbon fiber folding props and despite doing my usual pre-flight checks, I somehow forgot to fully unfold the props before take-off.

I started the engines and before the drone left the ground, one of the props got stuck and the vibration from the front left propeller popped the whole front left rotor (landing gear, motor, ESC Board, propellor, etc.) off of the left boom arm before I could give a kill command. Some wiring was disconnected, but I was able to reconnect using another rotors as a reference.

When I reassembled everything, I began getting an ESC Error on the controller and the front left rotor was making a loud beeping noise and blinking yellow.

I swapped the ESC board on the front left motor, but still getting the ESC errors. I looked at the DJI Go app and it says No.1, No.2, No.3, and No.4 all have ESC Status Errors.

I reset to factory settings, downgraded firmware, and upgraded firmware ontop of the aforementioned ESC board replacement but nothing seems to be doing the trick.

Does anyone happen to know what would fix this error or is this a definite "send it to dji" type problem?

Thank you so much for your time!

IMG_20200401_125226_03.jpgIMG_20200401_125226_02.jpgIMG_20200401_125226_01.jpg

Try the original props?
Flight controller could be the problem, $1000 for the part.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply, mgphoto!

That would not be good news if it were the flight controller ?

Do you know of anyway to find out if that is the part needed without having to actually having to purchase and replace and see if it works?

Thank you so much again for your time! =)

No way to separate the flight controller from the cinecore, this section usually burns out when aircraft crashes while recording footage.
Do you have an image from the camera? Can you record to the sd card and the ssd?

No way to separate the flight controller from the cinecore, this section usually burns out when aircraft crashes while recording footage.
Do you have an image from the camera? Can you record to the sd card and the ssd?

I can still record and everything seems to be fine with the all the camera functions =) And fortunately there was no crash just a failure when the motors started up, so very little physical harm outside of the one rotor popping off =)

I might suspect the wiring.
I might consider replacing that arm.
Did you replace the ESC with a new one?

I might suspect the wiring.
I might consider replacing that arm.
Did you replace the ESC with a new one?

I've replaced the ESC board on the rotor that popped off and rewired everything and still have the multiple ESC errors.

I think I'm going to send it out to a semi-local place to get the leg replaced in case there is more than just a leg replacement needed because they'll have parts on hand to trouble shoot everything =)

Thank you so much again for all your replies =)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla