Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

N1 video encoder

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the N1 video encoder for the Matrice on the Inspire?

You can but its really designed for the Matrice 100. Basically it is used when you want to run third-party cameras through the DJI lightbridge. All in all it will work on either with some work.

cool, does ti take a lot of work or is it a case of just changing the wiring harness ?

There are a few things involved in doing it properly, I will be happy to talk to you and give you the ends and outs if you need some help. I am available every afternoon after 1 pm. It has worked very well for us so far.

hi, i also search any information about how connect Inspire and N1 encoder ( dronexpert.nl did it )

Is it possible to run the x3 and a second cam off analog video input with the n1?

Please tell me or PM me how did someone connect his N1 to Inspire. I already connected it and it stays green (has a video input), but doesn't show on DJI Go. Also, I think I need to upgrade the N1 Encoder, but do not have Matrice. Is there another way to upgrade it. Cannot find N1 Assistant software for it.

Hello!
Anybody can help me to setup N1 encoder with Inspire 1?
I connected the encoder to the aircraft and the sj cam to the encoder via hdmi, but nothing....
Thank you!

I'm trying to set up a FLIR through the N1 into my Inspire 1. It's working to a point. There is really bad latency. Trying to isolate where this might be coming from.

To start I'd like to upgrade the firmware on the N1 Encoder. DJI Assistant 2 doesn't "see" the N1 when plugged in. Is there any way to update this w/o mounting to a Matrice 100?

I'm trying to set up a FLIR through the N1 into my Inspire 1. It's working to a point. There is really bad latency. Trying to isolate where this might be coming from.

To start I'd like to upgrade the firmware on the N1 Encoder. DJI Assistant 2 doesn't "see" the N1 when plugged in. Is there any way to update this w/o mounting to a Matrice 100?

nature: Were you ever able to sort out the latency issue? Just got my I1 hooked up to a FLIR Vue Pro 336 via the N1 encoder (analog AV port). Video is displaying in the DJI GO app, but the delay along with the pixelation is horrendous. Takes 1-3 seconds to sort out a clear image, that is, until the camera or object moves again. Is this similar to what you were experiencing?

I put this topic on the shelf for a few months here, but continue to get no video in the DJI Go App from my Inspire 1 when using any of my three DJI N1 Video Encoders. The x3 camera continues to work without issue but any other camera connected to the Inspire 1 will not pass video using the N1 video encoder.

My symptoms remain everyone else--the solid red/green light (indicating its not working) and the "no image transmission signal" in the DJI Go App of course. I have this problem on two custom gimbals with DJI N1 Video Encoders, one with a Flir VuePro camera and the other with a 10x optical zoom camera. I have used both numerous times in years past with my Inspire 1.

At some point in 2018 they both just stopped working with the first sign being the "no image transmission signal" message in DJI Go and of course, no live video stream. The DJI X3 camera connected to the Inspire 1 gimbal does however still provide video and works as it always had. In researching this I found the no image transmission signal mentioned on numerous forums back into late 2016 but related to the Inspire 1 and no video signal from standard X3 and X5 cameras attached to the Inspire 1 gimbal.

The recurrent themes in these threads was that DJI Inspire 1 firmware upgrades were either causing this as a permanent problem or in even more cases what was reported as degraded video performance or reduced range or interference or the like. Most of these threads related to firmware downgrade processes trying to get back to Inspire 1 firmware where the belief was that this problem would be resolved. As the symptoms were similar for me (at least with the N1 encoders no longer providing a video signal out and hence not in the DJI Go app for sure. So I have spent a bunch of time downgrading trying to see if this would get the two N1 video encoders working again with my Inspire 1 and the DJI Go app. This has not solved my problem with the N1 video encoders nor have I noticed any positive or negative impact on the video signal/video quality in the DJI Go app.

I have heard several comments from developers of recent, coupled with all of the N1 video encoder problems mentioned in this forum as well in several other forums as well, that the problem likely has nothing to do with Inspire 1 firmware versions or Matrice 100 firmware versions for that matter.

What I believe may be happening here is not at all firmware related but perhaps just an expiration of functionality in the DJI N1 Video Encoders. I heard that DJI was not obligated, specifically with the N1 Video Encoder on Inspire 1's, to allow them to function for perpetuity but instead perhaps had some fixed life and have since expired. If these encoders are not working for all of us who have isolated them to ensure they have either a guaranteed analog video signal and/or working/proper HDMI video input and no green light is returned any longer, that the N1 encoders have stopped functioning at least in many reported situations including my own.

Can anyone confirm whether DJI has prohibited/disabled the ability for the N1Video Encoder to transmit non-DJI video via LightBridge on the Inspire 1. I would gladly give up on this but have not seen any formal confirmation anywhere online that these multiple N1 video encoders I have used for so long stopped working for a real reason in mid 2018...

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: oldcomputech

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo