Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New 1345S prop not tight - safe to fly

Reaction score
I just installed the 1345S props that i got from DJI about a year ago, i have been using the screw on props with the prop locks.

Anyway i noticed that one of the four props is not totally tight, it moves a very tiny bit when I'm checking that the prop can't move in any direction.

It seems to be the prop and not the mounting plates, since when i test the prop on another mounting plate it is also a bit loose.
The prop is never used, its brand new.
I ave checked the hooks inside the prop and they look exactly like the hooks on the other props.
Unfortunately i have no more extra props for the moment.

Can i fly safely despite the tiny bit of looseness?

Thanks in advance.

I wouldn't chance it.
I always keep several sets of spare props on hand as well as a complete of replacement prop locks so that if any of them ever fail, or even look like they might, I have the parts on hand to make immediate changes.
Far too much $ at stake here. Also the safety of others, both in property damages or possible injury.

I just installed the 1345S props that i got from DJI about a year ago, i have been using the screw on props with the prop locks.

Anyway i noticed that one of the four props is not totally tight, it moves a very tiny bit when I'm checking that the prop can't move in any direction.

It seems to be the prop and not the mounting plates, since when i test the prop on another mounting plate it is also a bit loose.
The prop is never used, its brand new.
I ave checked the hooks inside the prop and they look exactly like the hooks on the other props.
Unfortunately i have no more extra props for the moment.

Can i fly safely despite the tiny bit of looseness?

Thanks in advance.
Why change from a tried tested and a system that offers a level of redundancy.
Swap back to the threaded variety with prop locks and very carefully throw the quick release garbage in the trash. :)

Reactions: eldorado
Understand the number of flights with no issues for you....my view never have read any failure of the old system........have read many on the QR's......simple math to me!

It takes me only seconds more for the old style....I do not need to be in a hurry :rolleyes:

Not in a hurry here. It came with the 1345Ts on it so I have nothing to compare to other than back when I had Phantoms. I never had trouble there either because I always tightened them properly. I think most cases of props coming off are installation error.
My 2 cents.
Now the 1345S (push down and turn) don't look too reliable to me. But again, I have not used them, so only guessing.

Why change from a tried tested and a system that offers a level of redundancy.
Swap back to the threaded variety with prop locks and very carefully throw the quick release garbage in the trash. :)

Actually that was exactly what i did. I had the new props installed for about 15 minutes then i changed my mind.
I think the 1345S prop system looks unsafe, i mean if the small plastic "hooks" inside the 1345S prop is a critical part then that doesn't seem very safe, i assume those plastic hooks which there are four of on each prop can very easily get worn out.

The only reason i changed to these 1345S was to make it faster to install the props on the I1.
I think the time it takes to get the I1 ready for flight is pretty long compared to some other drones, so i wanted to cut down that time as much as possible.
But i rather spend a couple of minutes extra mounting these old props instead of loosing the craft in mid-air due to a prop loss.

Just curious, how about the latest 1345T props, are they considered safe? Have there been many instances of prop loss with those props?

Im not going to use those, im going to stay with the old threaded ones together with the prop locks.
Just curious what the general consensus is on the newer 1345T props?

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stijn_vandenbussche@hotma