Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New firmware update won't load

Reaction score
Hii folks,
Done a number of updates and it's always gone "as advertised."
This time the controller updates went fine but I can't get the Inspire to accept. Keep getting a fail message in the txt file. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hii folks,
This time the controller updates went fine but I can't get the Inspire to accept. Keep getting a fail message in the txt file. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I can't help, but I can sympathise - and I would be very interested if anyone responds to your problem!

When I tried the update I got a variety of beeps and flashes, the camera seemed to move around a lot and the text file said the update had failed. The supplied TB47 battery seems to have been murdered as it is now totally unresponsive. No lights, no charge. There is no camera feed to the app, although gimbal control is working. The controller updated fine. I've been trying all the different permutations found on the internet for updating the firmware but after a week i'm about to give up. the sound I get is like a dot matrix printer (which I believe according to some is to be expected) and it just goes on and on. the text file result is failed - sometimes "unsynchronised" and the advice is to reboot the aircraft and try again. and again and again.... sigh... and i've never really flown the machine, just a few back garden ups and downs prior to the firmware update, during which everything seemed fine. I guess it all has to go back to the dealer (FastLad Performance UK) - but what a pain.

One thing I wonder about - what is the mini usb on the BACK of the camera for. Is there some way of resetting the aircraft to default setting via it? Or is there a reset button somewhere I could try?

I can't help, but I can sympathise - and I would be very interested if anyone responds to your problem!

When I tried the update I got a variety of beeps and flashes, the camera seemed to move around a lot and the text file said the update had failed. The supplied TB47 battery seems to have been murdered as it is now totally unresponsive. No lights, no charge. There is no camera feed to the app, although gimbal control is working. The controller updated fine. I've been trying all the different permutations found on the internet for updating the firmware but after a week i'm about to give up. the sound I get is like a dot matrix printer (which I believe according to some is to be expected) and it just goes on and on. the text file result is failed - sometimes "unsynchronised" and the advice is to reboot the aircraft and try again. and again and again.... sigh... and i've never really flown the machine, just a few back garden ups and downs prior to the firmware update, during which everything seemed fine. I guess it all has to go back to the dealer (FastLad Performance UK) - but what a pain.

One thing I wonder about - what is the mini usb on the BACK of the camera for. Is there some way of resetting the aircraft to default setting via it? Or is there a reset button somewhere I could try?
I had the exact same result when i did the update. After a week of trying different things, i had to send the bird back to DJI for repair. They said 5 to 6 weeks until i get it back!
What a screwed up process!

My update "took" however I am stuck with a solid red light and a compass error that will not go away. All of my IMU values are blank. The only support offered was to format the card and try to see if it would restart, which it will not. I too have to send it back for 5-6 weeks. 4k on something I have had less then 1 month and barely an hours worth of flight time. I am beyond disappointed.

I am really concerned about doing the update on my I1. I had a small drop from 1.5m when I hit some branches due mainly to a second atto flyaway and broke the camera. new camera arrives tomorrow.
I decided it was better to buy a new camera rather than have the trouble of sending the i1 back from jamaica and having to wait six weeks.

I started the i1 up and it is asking for an update, i assume this is going to be forced i.e.: motors locked down.
really concerned about turning the thing into a brick. i have stuff to film need this thing flying!

This video shows Peter Homer summarising the issues affecting my Inspire 1 camera after updating to WM610_FW_V01.02.01.00.

Peter's bloodhound brain, by a systematic process of elimination (his Holmes to my Watson!), identified that it was my camera at fault - specifically that the lightbridge link between the camera, the I1, to the controller isn't working. The camera does record video and stills, and the gimbal responds normally. My camera does not work on Peter's aircraft. It seems the firmware update has taken for the Inspire 1 itself - but not the camera. I'm hoping DJI can suggest a fix. The other result of the update is a totally dead TB47 battery. It won't charge or react in any way.

Detailed below are my solo attempts to resolve the issue before Peter H graciously offered to go through the update with me...

When I first tried the update I got a variety of beeps and flashes, the camera seemed to move around a lot and the text file said the update had failed. The supplied TB47 battery seems to have been murdered as it is now totally unresponsive. No lights, no charge. There is no camera feed to the app, although gimbal control is working. The controller updated fine. I've tried all the different permutations found on the internet for updating the firmware but after a week i'm about to give up. the sound I get is like a dot matrix printer (which I believe according to some is to be expected) and it just goes on and on. the text file result is failed - sometimes "unsynchronized" and the advice is to reboot the aircraft and try again. and again and again.... sigh... and i've never really flown the machine, just a few back garden ups and downs prior to the firmware update, during which everything seemed fine.

I've tried everything from re-downloading the app, different micro-sd cards, different formatting (Ms Dos, ExFAT?), variations on the update procedure sequence, even expanding the zip file using different software (someone on the web said it would only work if expanded by WinZip so I downloaded WinZip for Mac - but it made no difference...)

The (3 hour!) session with Peter replicated the install process using Windows and the iOS app (which seems superior to the Android version) – indicating that this was NOT a factor in the problems I experienced.

Thankyou Peter!
https://www.facebook.com/peter.homer.5

I had the same issue, The Firmware just wouldn't load at all and all I was getting was a solid red light in the rear. I only had 2 flights on the I1. I contacted DJI ( what a long wait on the phone) and finally they sent me a RMA with the return label. I also was told it was going to take 4 to 6 weeks to get it back. Pretty bad, when you spend 3K and have 2 flight and can't fly it.

Hii folks,

You should update the AC first with the TX off, then update the TX. It also could be the "fail" message means that the AC is already updated. Hope you sort it.

I had the same problem, camera went all limp and twitching, I had to turn it off after 40min of an install which I knew was not going as it should.

I re downloaded the file, but this Time I installed it to the original sd card. Turned it on and left it and it all went o.k, controller went perfect straight away, as did all the batteries. Just concerned about the controllers now shutting down mid flight, must be a f/w bug, but it's taking Dji about 6 weeks to update their firmware, only for other bugs to be introduced. We have all waited along time for this and now have to wait again.

i am in the same boat here. i have an inspire that worked fine 2 days ago and last night i decided to do an upgrade so i did the controller first which went perfectly fine
but after that i tried the Inspire and it's a no go.
it's taking about 20-30 minutes of updating and then just solid beep and yellow lights continue to blink.
some suggested i try cleaning the contacts for the gimbal and check all connections
but that didn't make any difference.
anyone has any other suggestions?
thank you

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44