Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Firmware v1.3.0.00 Aug 4 2015

For the battery cycling, my approach was:

Make sure it is drained in one cycle.

Initially, I would just pop the full battery in the AC, turn it on (not armed - rotors stopped), and let it run itself right down - with a VERY small voltage draw. But, I was impatient and I was only doing one per night.

So I switched to flying my AC down to ~5%.
I don't think working the batteries hard (high voltage draw) any lower than that is a good idea for longer term battery health - and if I were to do it again, might have even stopped at 10%.

When it landed and disarmed (rotors stopped), I just left the AC on to finish the rest of the battery off.

Haven't charged them up yet, but that felt like the best approach for me.

Reactions: Andreas
Haven't tried range yet. My Note 4 keeps locking up after a few minutes. Maybe because I'm running the screen recorder in the background simultaneously? I disable all backround apps before I start the DJI Go App. Anyone have any thoughts?

Haven't tried range yet. My Note 4 keeps locking up after a few minutes. Maybe because I'm running the screen recorder in the background simultaneously? I disable all backround apps before I start the DJI Go App. Anyone have any thoughts?
Try turning off the hardware decode feature in the app, this will give your device less work to do.

Reactions: AndyH
Try turning off the hardware decode feature in the app, this will give your device less work to do.
I didn't think you could do that on an android device. Can you? I can't see the option in any menu.

Sorry, I don't use Android, I just assumed it would be the same as the IOS App.
My mistake, sorry for the confusion..

Yeah, looks like I'm probably gonna wind up with an IOS device. I just have to finish exhausting all the possible angles.

Seems like the tablet cant keep up..
I'm assuming you have it on airplane mode and your tablet is fairly cool??
try deleting the go app and reinstalling it..
It's fairly cool. Tried uninstalling and uninstalling the App. Same results. I am going to try it tomorrow with my wife's brand new android phone. I've been wanting to get a mini 2 anyway, for the simulator in the app. Is it still in the IOS Go app? Need rainy day indoor flight practice and I would like to see how my daughter flies on the simulator. She's surprisingly good with my little Hubsan.

It's fairly cool. Tried uninstalling and uninstalling the App. Same results. I am going to try it tomorrow with my wife's brand new android phone. I've been wanting to get a mini 2 anyway, for the simulator in the app. Is it still in the IOS Go app? Need rainy day indoor flight practice and I would like to see how my daughter flies on the simulator. She's surprisingly good with my little Hubsan.

Andy yes the sim is still in the Go app. I finally bit the bullet and got a Mini 2.

Yeah, might be doing that today. I'd still like to know if it's just my phone or not.

I had that problem with my iPad too, it was the recorder

I was about to drop Android and get an iOS until I found out from DJI forums that the problem was Google Play Services latest version. Now, DJI GO in Samsung Tab S 8.4 runs smoothly, no lags, no crashes from the moment I reverted updates back to the firmware version (Lollipop 5.0.2).

Try it and you'll love it!

Reactions: turbodronepilot
I was about to drop Android and get an iOS until I found out from DJI forums that the problem was Google Play Services latest version. Now, DJI GO in Samsung Tab S 8.4 runs smoothly, no lags, no crashes from the moment I reverted updates back to the firmware version (Lollipop 5.0.2).

Try it and you'll love it!
Same for me.It runs well now

Question-Do you need to update each battery individually with the new firmware update?
Hello Raven
I see someone has asked the same question about the batteries. Are we saying that for each battery I have to run the full 25 min AI upgrade? or does the software upgrade the battery as soon as you change the battery.
I have 4 batteries, that's quite a bit of upgrade time.

Hello Raven
I see someone has asked the same question about the batteries. Are we saying that for each battery I have to run the full 25 min AI upgrade? or does the software upgrade the battery as soon as you change the battery.
I have 4 batteries, that's quite a bit of upgrade time.
Once you have updated the aircraft, each extra battery only takes about 90 secs to update. However, see the posts on re calibrating the batteries which will had time (up to 20 mins to discharge each from 100%-5%).

Hi Guys
I see a few Samsung remarks.
I purchased a Samsung 4 Tab 7 inch and found that it wasn't a supported device.... Pity as this was why I purchased it. It runs 4.4.2
Do I have a door stopper. or should I wait for DJI or chance the new firmware .... ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topproorityhealthcare