Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Firmware v1.3.0.00 Aug 4 2015

Did you know there has been a shield recall, due to heat and fire concern?

Email from Amazon stated:
Hello,

We've recently learned of a potential safety issue concerning NVIDIA Shield 8 inch Full HD Gaming Tablet (NVIDIA Tegra K1, 2GB RAM, 16GB Storage, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, Mini HDMI, Micro USB 2.0, MicroSD) which you bought in order # 026-3756625-1003536.

The manufacturer has announced a potential defect affecting the battery in these tablets which means that they can overheat and pose a fire hazard. Please stop using this item immediately and follow the guidance in the link below.

More details, including what you should do and where you can seek assistance, can be found in the following notification:

http://tabletrecall.expertproductinquiry.com/

UK customers can contact NVIDIA directly at: 0-808-189-3133.

If you're outside the UK and need to contact NVIDIA by phone you can find other numbers here:

http://tabletrecall.expertproductinquiry.com/faq

If you bought this item for someone else, please get in touch with them and pass on this information.

We're sorry for any inconvenience caused and hope to see you again soon.

Regards,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.co.uk

Please note: This e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that can't accept incoming e-mail. Please don't reply to this message.
Just a tad off topic there!

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:04 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: WM610_FW_V01.03.00.00.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.
Uh I think that says you upgraded successfully.

On a side note I just updated my I1 controller and 2 batteries without issue. Flew one battery down to 5% and letting it cool before charging it, getting ready to fly the second bat down and do the same thing, I didn't have any issues with the AC, didn't watch the video screen much but when I did it seemed to show minimal lag, I fly mostly in atti mode and only switch to gps mode when I get to where I want to be for the video, I stay in gps mode when I am near and am ready to switch to atti mode at the first sign of trouble. I also fly a F550 with NAZA v2 gps as well as 2 QAV250 class racers. I am a firm believer in being able to control my craft by myself before I let the computer take it over, at least I know I should be able to recover from most problems.

Updated FW on A/C, RC and 4 batteries without problems. Calibrated IMU and Compass and then flew the first 2 batteries down to 10%, kept A/C on and let batteries drop to below 5% with fan blowing on them. All went well, flew both flights in ATTI mode for the first time, which gave me more confidence in the Inspire and my control of it. Will fly the last 2 batteries later.

Last edited:
I just downloaded the firmware and updated my Inspire...no problems...got a text readout that said "succesfull."

I am having issue upgrading the RC.

I am using an IPad Air and updated the DJI Pilot App which now is a DJI GO APP.

Reading the firmare update instructions for the RC...it says to do this upgrade throught the APP.

When I fire everything up:

The APP does indicate that the RC firmware needs to be upgraded on the initial overall status screen...but then I get a message that says, "The RC soesn't support upgrading firmware through the APP, please upgrade with a USB Disk."

So I connect the USB disk with the firmware upgrade at the root level (as I have always updated the RC in the past) to the RC...and nothing happens.

I know the cable and USB reader /card are good...they read on my computer.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Hello Figbar .... I had the EXACT same problem.... Everything went perfect until I tried to update the transmitter with the new 2015-08-04.... Did you find any solutions

Hello Figbar .... I had the EXACT same problem.... Everything went perfect until I tried to update the transmitter with the new 2015-08-04.... Did you find any solutions
Hi Ray787 & Figbar,

I had same problem I eventually tried a std alone usb stick rather than micro Sd in a usb reader and it worked fine, you may have to try several usb sticks and make sure they are formatted correctly

Regards
Chris

I upgraded over the weekend....all I did was follow the instructions provided by DJI, "TO THE LETTER".....and I had zero problems!!!!

I read the instructions 3 times before I began the upgrade.....flew all 5 batteries down to 2%....recharged....and frankly......everything seems to be EXACTLY like it was before!

WELL????? Except for the fact that I can flip my switch 4 times....kill the camera and gimbal....then remove it....and it kicks into travel mode.....NICE FEATURE!!! Thanks!

Kirk

Reactions: Scotflieger
Don't know why you would.
They only put it in the instructions and firmware release notes.

Reactions: Joola
Uh I think that says you upgraded successfully.
Uh, I think it also says it failed 4 times after that ONE that you singled out.

As far as I can tell, a single controller I1 setup updates:
AC
ESC
Camera
Gimbal (Does it do this separately to the camera?)
Battery (seems to store/report multiple entries - confusing)
Controller

Seeing one success means nothing (aside from one thing being updated successfully).

It would be nice if their logs told you more clearly which component the entry was referring to.

And you were right too, I didn't read the release notes. I would have normally, however, the app auto update was on on my iPad and it automatically updated to the dji go app. I felt I had no choice but to update the AC. I then had an issue with it not going travel mode and became consumed with others having the same problem. I totally forgot about the release notes and was surprised to see the post here.....Safe flying!

Help please. Downloading the Zip file V1.3 to a PC is fine. What program is required on the PC or what format to load the Bin file onto the SD card. My PC defaults to VLC media player which I believe is no good. What format do I need the bin file in and how do I achieve that? thank you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SUPER-WEB-DEVELOPMENT-LLP