Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New I2

Reaction score
So I decided to step up from a Phantom 4 Pro and a Mavic to an Inspire 2. I received the I2 and X5S today and have charged all the batteries and am now charging the remote. And now I am wondering about the next step. The latest upgrade fro DJI for both the P4P and the Mavic have been total crap and has caused tons of issues on both platforms. Which leads me to wonder what happens when I turn of the I2 and it says an update is available or needed. Should I do it? What has been other I2 users experience with this latest update?

Thanks in advance,

Stephen

Hey guys! +1 from us on the new firmware. We are up to date on ours and have most all of our local clients that we are aware of up to date as well. One client in Pittsburgh called today having trouble with the app shutting down on him, but we are checking which model iPad he was running.

Enjoy them!

We're running the latest firmware on two of our in-house I2 units and have had no issues. I would advise getting up to date, things seem stable with the latest FW.
does that include with 3rd party apps such as Map Pilot and Pix4d for example I have only just got my bird back after my motor issues, so wanted to check before i upgrade and start again !!

does that include with 3rd party apps such as Map Pilot and Pix4d for example I have only just got my bird back after my motor issues, so wanted to check before i upgrade and start again !!

That I am unsure of. We have not been out for any flying with third party apps since those updates so I do not have a definite answer. May not be until Thursday that we'll be out flying and could test.

I did see this notice on Hangar's site:

Hangar-Autopilot.jpeg

Reactions: mpaerial
I did see this notice on Hangar's site:
thats changed then since the last time I looked (not for a few weeks admittedly) and that said all was fine with new firmware, so it looks like there might be issues. Are you going to flight test with the 3rd party apps as that would be great to know. I haven't had the confidence to try since i got my bird back after the fly away and motor issues i had!

Reactions: mpaerial
thats changed then since the last time I looked (not for a few weeks admittedly) and that said all was fine with new firmware, so it looks like there might be issues. Are you going to flight test with the 3rd party apps as that would be great to know. I haven't had the confidence to try since i got my bird back after the fly away and motor issues i had!

I will try and get a test in with Autopilot if we can after hours tomorrow. Busy week here and we've got a couple guys out but I will do my best to be the guinea pig! :D

We do not have Map Pilot or Pix4D to give a try.

I don't know what other people think but our pilot religiously updates the firmware as he believes if you get a firmware update kicking in during a flight your drone will be lost.

I don't know what other people think but our pilot religiously updates the firmware as he believes if you get a firmware update kicking in during a flight your drone will be lost.

Don't quite understand. I do the updates as needed but I have yet to see an update automatically start loading to your drone during a flight. Sounds like urban legends to me. If you know of an instance, and you provide more info?

I am not the pilot in our organisation so don't know about the warnings shown when flying but all I know is our pilot checks the firmware updates before every flight. He thinks that if a firmware warning appears during mid-flight it might disrupt the flight controls, I don't really understand it but this is just his way.

I am not the pilot in our organisation so don't know about the warnings shown when flying but all I know is our pilot checks the firmware updates before every flight. He thinks that if a firmware warning appears during mid-flight it might disrupt the flight controls, I don't really understand it but this is just his way.

Gotcha... I have never had an upgrade warning pop up during a flight but did have one pop up between the time I left home and was ready to fly. Annoying to say the least as it delayed my take for about 20 mins or so.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ste9