Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New inspire owner here :D

Reaction score
well i just get my unit today..
but after i read there is a lot fly away cases and crazy behaviour after updated latest firmware i am now worries to fly ... :(

for me i been with plane n heli 450 n 550 size for few years also with multi rotors.. this is the 1st time i buy something that really expensive... i have to study hard to prevent any faliue will causing damage or flyaway..

so shall i update to the latest WM610_FW_V01.02.01.03 ?

anyone already with this FW ?

something i thinking flying with GPS mode are very dangerous is it ok for me only flying in atti mode.... i only use GPS if ni case of emergency ?

which mode are more recommend..

any reply in this would be highly appreciated

Welcome. I suggest you should update to latest firmware. Fly Atti is the best on windless day and use GPS when want to hold position for pictures.

LG G3

Welcome Fei.
Update as quick as possible,charge your battery(s) Get out and start the fun!:cool: Enjoy

Welcome to the forum.
If you come from a background of 450/550 size CP helis you will have absolutely no problem with the Inspire.
GPS mode is solid now with the new FW but but you will probably feel very comfortable in Atti. As you probably know, just watch your orientation with a symmetrical multirotor.
You may become nose in and not even realise it!

Have fun.

Thanks for the reply... i goin to updated for tomorrow... for the lastest fw and have a test fly at low attitude for few month before sent it something more than 400ft ;)

fei8820
welcome. .
when you check status on the app it will tell you if you're running the latest firmware. .
the last update wasn't mandatory so you can pass on installing it..
I'm using the latest firmware and feel it was a step back for my i1..
my i1 flew perfectly before the update and now I'm not so confident. .
I suggest taking off and landing in gps mode..
When your away from obstacles or up high you can switch to atti..
just familiarize yourself with how it flys in atti mode incase you need to use it ..
the biggest thing is to make sure you get a good compass calibration and leave it alone unless you move great distances. .
enjoy..
turbo..

well... i just get my inspire flying all around just not more than 50 meter away from me... on all atti mode ( i will never used GPS which in P mode unless i can't see my inspire or too far or emergency situations ) correct me if i am wrong... i can really say this thing is WOW... i never fly suchs as soooo balance and great machine.... just try normal hover and figure 8 and nose in hover ...

man this thing is suchs a beauty ... she looks darn hot when in the skies... :D i wanna keep this bird as clean and as perfect as new as possible.... ohh man.....

oh ya one more thing do i really need to calibrations the compass every times if difference locations ?

i will do anything to make sure it 100% safe to take off....

was thinking buying some skin for it... but i am worries the skin will cover the GPS or causing other interferences

well... i just get my inspire flying all around just not more than 50 meter away from me... on all atti mode ( i will never used GPS which in P mode unless i can't see my inspire or too far or emergency situations ) correct me if i am wrong... i can really say this thing is WOW... i never fly suchs as soooo balance and great machine.... just try normal hover and figure 8 and nose in hover ...

man this thing is suchs a beauty ... she looks darn hot when in the skies... :D i wanna keep this bird as clean and as perfect as new as possible.... ohh man.....

oh ya one more thing do i really need to calibrations the compass every times if difference locations ?

was thinking buying some skin for it... but i am worries the skin will cover the GPS or causing other interferences
You can use skins and or paint on your bird. Just be sure that any material that you use in not metallic over the top of the GPS receptor. I used a non matallic blue candy automotive paint on mine and have had no issues with GPS signal loss. Blue flys great!

Here you have some answers.
http://www.inspirepilots.com/threads/highly-unstable-after-switching-modes.3156/#post-34359
Also watch your app about the compass status and when taking of see your green tail light is blinking slowly.And before you fly away see if homepoint is recorded.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido