Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Inspire owner with a quick question about prop locks

Reaction score
I'm currently a Phantom 3 owner that just ordered an Inspire 1. I'm looking at the pics on Amazon's website and it doesn't show any prop guards. Are these not included with all modern day versions of the Inspire copters?

I'm currently a Phantom 3 owner that just ordered an Inspire 1. I'm looking at the pics on Amazon's website and it doesn't show any prop guards. Are these not included with all modern day versions of the Inspire copters?
Hello, and welcome to the forum.
Did you mean prop locks (as your thread title says) or prop guards as your post says?
Prop locks are no longer supplied with the latest version of the Inspire since they are all now fitted with quick release props.
Prop guards have never been made for the platform although there are some strange 3rd party incarnations appearing via FleaBay etc.

Hello, and welcome to the forum.
Did you mean prop locks (as your thread title says) or prop guards as your post says?
Prop locks are no longer supplied with the latest version of the Inspire since they are all now fitted with quick release props.
Prop guards have never been made for the platform although there are some strange 3rd party incarnations appearing via FleaBay etc.

Yeah, I'm referring to prop locks. I didn't know they were no longer needed as separate items. Thanks for the nice welcome and thanks for the info.

Reactions: turbodronepilot

I ordered my inspire 1 from amazon about 6 weeks ago. Mine came with BOTH the new quick release props and the screw on props with the pinch locks. 2 full set of each, I was surprised to be honest. The quick release ones I will never use though. They feel cheap to me.

Reactions: jon b
Thats a good question. Were the old ones better?
Hey Machoman...
many people believe the old props with locks are better and maybe they are ,but I haven't heard of one failure from the quick release props...only thing ive heard is after a crash a cam can break in half and im not sure if a prop would fail even with a broken cam because I think the prop and the spring would hold it together ..

Last edited:
Reactions: Machoman
I do not know if I would say they are better, I just have a hard time trusting something that push locks on is all.
Yep, there's a thread on the site that exhausts this topic. I like to have redundancy provided by the self tightening props (threaded on securely) and prop locks.

There have been a very few posts from pilots saying a QR prop fell off. In any case, if a QR prop failed, you would have no back-up means of retaining the prop. Just my 2 cents. Have fun and fly safe

Reactions: The Editor

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207