Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New OSMO Firmware Released 12-25-2015

Just updated mine, will test it out tonight to see whether I am still getting the blue screen when recording true 4K @ 24fps

I must say! It looks like the sound with the mic input has a better sound with the gain control upgrade of the firmware. I know many of you have been waiting for that! Nice! Watch out Road!
Yep - agree sound is better

Just did the upgrade, got the D-DD sound and solid green left LED. Restarted the Osmo but when checking the firmware version it is still showing version 1.0.1.19+.
Checked the OSMO_FW_RESULT_AB.txt file and it is showing that the upgrade was successful:
========== 2014.01.01 00:00:10 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: OSMO_FW_V01.04.01.80.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

Anyone else seeing this too after the upgrade?

Just did the upgrade, got the D-DD sound and solid green left LED. Restarted the Osmo but when checking the firmware version it is still showing version 1.0.1.19+.
Checked the OSMO_FW_RESULT_AB.txt file and it is showing that the upgrade was successful:
Upgrading ...

Some on osmo owners group on FB have reported the same result.
Personally mine showed updated firmware

Upgrading ...

Hi mine did the same and still show 1.0.1.19+ unit build mid October

Upgrading ...

Yep mine did exactly the same

I actually have a weird problem after the update. According to the log file the update was successful. After the update, Go App on all but one android devices thinks it is a Phantom 3 Standard instead of Osmo.

Seems hit and miss with this new FW...How did u up date?GO APP or SD card,was it iOS or android..
I did with android and GO APP and all went well only thing is is my iOS won't connect now,but android is my screen for the Osmo and it was the Osmo kit not just the handle
Mine does flicker back and forth from p3p and I1 when I try and connect 2 android devices to it at the same time

Upgrading ...

Same thing. What are you guys doing to resolve? anyone talk to DJI?

I did mine via the app. everything seemed to go smooth... then saw that the version didn't update so i downloaded the fw from DJI site to a card and tried again. I got the TXT file which gave some weird aborts and a bunch of successes but all stance firmware versions. v.99.99.99.99 etc.

It looks like we are still lucky, my Osmo is still working and it looks like the only issue is that the firmware version is displayed wrong. There are bigger issues with this upgrade as some Osmo's wifi module gets bricked and you need to send it in for repair:
DJI Forum|DJI announcement regarding OSMO 1.4.1.80 firmware bug

However I am not able to find the new firmware version mentioned in this message. Still seeing the same one I downloaded on the 25th.

It looks like we are still lucky, my Osmo is still working and it looks like the only issue is that the firmware version is displayed wrong. There are bigger issues with this upgrade as some Osmo's wifi module gets bricked and you need to send it in for repair:
DJI Forum|DJI announcement regarding OSMO 1.4.1.80 firmware bug

However I am not able to find the new firmware version mentioned in this message. Still seeing the same one I downloaded on the 25th.

I think mine is doing the wifi reset thing but only at random. I'll have to do more testing tomorrow.

For Info. have have copied this post from DJI OSMO Forum
A CAUTION FOR INSPIRE 1 OWNERS WITH OSMOS
Have been flying my Inspire 1 with Ipad Air2 for 8 months without any problems. (maybe one of the lucky DJI customers!!!!)
Just purchased an OSMO with included X3 camera and intended to use iPhone 6 with the OSMO.
Everything worked fine until I updated to OSMO 1.4.1.80 last night. After the update I connected the OSMO to the IPhone and Ipad (at different times) and all worked fine.
This morning I went out to fly my Inspire 1 and the DJI app would no longer connect to my ipad/inspire. It just timed out and went back to the screen with the DJI app on it.
Tried everything I could think of and finally in desperation I deleted the DJI app from my Ipad and reinstalled it as a new one (of course lost all my flight data). The Inspire now links to the Ipad and everything appears to be back to normal.
From now on I will only attach the OSMO to my iPhone and not to the ipad that I use for flying.

All was fine with the upgrade yesterday. I did notice that with my android, it displayed the correct version 1.4.1.80. I then connected it to the Ipad and it said it was the old FW. On top of that, I lost all of the new features such as volume gain, saturation and sharpness etc. Has anyone else had a issue with this? Looks like I will have to re install the app in both devices to possibly correct. Like Auspete said above, Keep the Ipad for the bird only until DJI fixes this debacle.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alecia4669