Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

No Connectivity

Reaction score
Great light show but no action. Just got my Inspire 1 Thursday. Haven't yet even been able to start motors. Am with three graduates and a BA Captain. think we have followed and repeatedly reset and master slave,, and RC unit.

Updated firmware... Nothing connected. Ran the OMDF firmware then reinstalled the new version. The AC has a solid red light that hasn't changed. One remote has a green light yet when my IOS device is plugged in, it says disconnected. The other remote has a red light, but tells me no signal when IOS is plugged in. Nothing is happening.

There is no move on red light even after pressing link button on unit.

I can't even get it out of travel mode, therefore not able to put it in its case! So frustrated. Help please!! Any advice welcome!!

Thanks,
Pete

Last edited:
I can't even get it out of travel mode, therefore not able to put it in its case!

Sorry, I have no clue.......

But the good news, it needs to be in travel mode to go into the case. :)

Great light show but no action. Just got my Inspire 1 Thursday. Haven't yet even been able to start motors. Am with three graduates and a BA Captain. think we have followed and repeatedly reset and master slave,, and RC unit.

Updated firmware... Nothing connected. Ran the OMDF firmware then reinstalled the new version. The AC has a solid red light that hasn't changed. One remote has a green light yet when my IOS device is plugged in, it says disconnected. The other remote has a red light, but tells me no signal when IOS is plugged in. Nothing is happening.

There is no move on red light even after pressing link button on unit.

I can't even get it out of travel mode, therefore not able to put it in its case! So frustrated. Help please!! Any advice welcome!!

Thanks,
Pete

Pete:
Firstly, one remote is the pilot's -- that's most likely the one showing the green LED. The second remote is the Camera op's -- that's the one that's most likely the one showing the red LED.

The Pilot's remote is initially paired to the aircraft before shipping. When used together, the Pilot's remote has to authorize the Camera Ops -- which is probably why it's showing red. The Catch-22, wait for it, Squire, is that you need to get the Pilot's iOS device connected to the aircraft in order to authorize the Camera ops' Remote to link to the Pilot's remote. You may correctly infer that the Camera Ops' remote does not connect directly to the Inspire 1, but to the Pilot's remote! :)

I seem to recall somewhere in the manual (don't have it in front of me now), but there is a way to convert the Camera Op's remote into a pilot's remote...

But the real issue you've got is why will the Inspire 1/Pilot's remote not connect up to the iOS device.

Question: What iOS device are you using? Is it fairly recent? If not, that might be issue:

1. DJI Pilot App. iOS Version v1.1.2. Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular.

That's from the DJI downloads page at www.dji.com/product/inspire-1/download

If your device is one of those, then, as we say in the software business, "it should work." :)
Given that it doesn't, then I would start by suspecting the cable that you're using betwixt the Pilot's remote control and the iOS device. Can you test it by connecting up with a Mac, perchance?

If that works, then it sounds like you have a bad Pilot's remote controller -- specifically the USB port.
The way to be sure would be to try another iOS device and/or another cable.

Hope that helps.
Andy.

Reactions: Pbaero and LockMD
Andy thanks. Useful background knowledge there. The other option was to get a 27 year old with a degree in videography and three phones to play with it before Sunday lunch. Hunger does stimulate the brain I am told. It was the case of pressing the reset on UAV and quickly hitting the seek on the remote controller screen to capture the signal from the UAV. Got flying shortly thereafter. Foresaid 27 year old found tree shortly thereafter ! :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters