Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

No Signal issues - Possible Workaround

Reaction score
Website
www.moraysky.co.uk
There have been various reports of No Signal or camera image in the GO App. I experienced this today with my I1 with X5 fitted. All attempts to remove and refit the camera and recycle the aircraft, RC and app failed to solve the problem. On power up the camera went through its normal dance but there was still no connection. I then removed the SD Card and this solved the problem. I fitted another card and flew 3 flights without any issues. I refitted the original problematic card but was unable to reproduce the earlier problem.

Any users experiencing the No Signal message should try removing the SD Card.

There have been various reports of No Signal or camera image in the GO App. I experienced this today with my I1 with X5 fitted. All attempts to remove and refit the camera and recycle the aircraft, RC and app failed to solve the problem. On power up the camera went through its normal dance but there was still no connection. I then removed the SD Card and this solved the problem. I fitted another card and flew 3 flights without any issues. I refitted the original problematic card but was unable to reproduce the earlier problem.

Any users experiencing the No Signal message should try removing the SD Card.
Welcome to DJI

Reactions: Scotflieger
I'm having the same issue except I didn't try replacing the SD card. The signal comes and goes sporadically, once every 15+ reboots. I cleaned the camera-to-copter connectors but it didn't make a difference. Anyone else find a work around?
(UPDATE: tried different SD cards but doesn't fix the problem. Signal only seems to work after starting up the copter after it's been off for a while. Upon startup the GO app also crashed. Tried it on another devices and it crashes too. Just updated to yesterdays fw update and the app still crashes on the first round. Second round it's fine.)

Last edited:
I had this exact issue this weekend up in the snow and it ruined my weekend. it worked perfectly in the morning, but then 5 hours later in the afternoon I couldn't get it so "connect" or " no signal". I wish I would have seen this thread and tried the camera or sd card connection. I will try when I get home today.

My sd card has failed! I to had a black screen with "dji" in the middle. Switched sd cards and all fine. Original still won't work. Have dji got a bad batch in?

My sd card has failed! I to had a black screen with "dji" in the middle. Switched sd cards and all fine. Original still won't work. Have dji got a bad batch in?
They just 'do' from time to time. SD is not a very robust media.
Rather than deleting files, get into the habit of formatting the card, this will 'lock out' identified bad blocks and will not try to overwrite bad sectors.

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
Had a similar problem last summer and after trying everything possible with swapping micro sd cards swaping back and forth from X3 to X5 i finally thought maybe its those connectors and yep one of my connectors under the gimbal plate was pinched and dont know why but 4$ later at B&H never had any camera issues since "knock on wood" :D

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    713.1 KB · Views: 12
Had a similar problem last summer and after trying everything possible with swapping micro sd cards swaping back and forth from X3 to X5 i finally thought maybe its those connectors and yep one of my connectors under the gimbal plate was pinched and dont know why but 4$ later at B&H never had any camera issues since "knock on wood" :D

I will take a closer look at the ribbons, good idea. I've only checked so far by peaking around the gimbal mount.

I ultimately had to send my copter to DJI for service so they could take a look. They said it was internal within the x5 gimbal and replaced it with a new one. Everything works now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop