Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

No Video Feed Again

Reaction score
So I was out on a shoot today for a kayak business and had just flown through my first battery and got 5+min of video without issue. Came in and changed batteries and restarted AC and no I have "No Signal" at the top of the app screen and no video signal. Channels show stable and RC signal shows good but no video feed. Tried restarting app on IPAD mini 3 and bird and controller to no avail. Second controller for CO with HDMI out feed to HDMI monitor also dead signal. Have flown at this location before without issue. This is the second time this has happened to me on a job (different location) and to be sure its at the least embarrassing! At the worst no pay day! I have the latest firmware and last weekend flew through five batteries without a problem. This is not going to go well if I cant depend on the system to work at the job. Finishing up my back up bird (Tarot 680 Pro) now without DJI so at least I have a fall back position. Lets get this thing working right guys! I love this system when it works!

So I was out on a shoot today for a kayak business and had just flown through my first battery and got 5+min of video without issue. Came in and changed batteries and restarted AC and no I have "No Signal" at the top of the app screen and no video signal. Channels show stable and RC signal shows good but no video feed. Tried restarting app on IPAD mini 3 and bird and controller to no avail. Second controller for CO with HDMI out feed to HDMI monitor also dead signal. Have flown at this location before without issue. This is the second time this has happened to me on a job (different location) and to be sure its at the least embarrassing! At the worst no pay day! I have the latest firmware and last weekend flew through five batteries without a problem. This is not going to go well if I cant depend on the system to work at the job. Finishing up my back up bird (Tarot 680 Pro) now without DJI so at least I have a fall back position. Lets get this thing working right guys! I love this system when it works!

First of all, welcome to the forum.
Second, with reference to your problem:
  • Have you checked the alignment of the gimbal connecting pins?
  • Has the AC suffered a crash or hard landing?
  • Have you checked the two ribbon cable connectors that feed the gimbal connector are seated correctly?

Thanks for the reply, and yes, as I have been through this before on the last firmware and the physical things are the first thing I check. No crashes or hard landings ever. checked gimbal pins, cables, ect. It seems to be a something in the update or my Lightbridge transmitter is failing, but indicators on the app show good signals for RC and HD so I'm at a loss again. Last go around I tried again in a few days and everything worked fine again. Maybe I will go through another update process just to be sure all is well. Already tried reloaded app to Ipad mini 3. NG

Thanks for the reply, and yes, as I have been through this before on the last firmware and the physical things are the first thing I check. No crashes or hard landings ever. checked gimbal pins, cables, ect. It seems to be a something in the update or my Lightbridge transmitter is failing, but indicators on the app show good signals for RC and HD so I'm at a loss again. Last go around I tried again in a few days and everything worked fine again. Maybe I will go through another update process just to be sure all is well. Already tried reloaded app to Ipad mini 3. NG
In that case and as you have tried all the usual suspects see if you can get hold of another camera to try.
There have been instances of intermittent camera faults where DJI have swapped out the camera/gimbal and the problem was solved.

It might be an IOS/DJI Go issue.
After my Ipad Mini2 upgraded to the latest IOS yesterday (release notes said it was only Apple Music update and minor bug fixes), AND there was a new DJI GO build, so I updated that as well.

Same thing, 'not connected' message. Tried closing and reopening App, no result. Beta build 30 from Autopilot ran fine though. After shutting down the Ipad and a complete reboot, the problem was gone. Will check today again, but I expect no issues.

Tried reboot of Ipad as well as reload of DJI/GO app, still no connection warning and no video feed. Rc seems to work fine and telemetry seeks correct, just no camera control or feed, gimbal works though.

Tried reboot of Ipad as well as reload of DJI/GO app, still no connection warning and no video feed. Rc seems to work fine and telemetry seeks correct, just no camera control or feed, gimbal works though.
Do you have access to another camera? If so, swap them over.
If it solves the problem on yours and causes the problem on the donor - fault diagnosed!

My Brand new Inspire 1 with 1.3.0 FW is doing the same thing. I am getting intermittent low or no signal on the Video channels. My recorded video is fine but the internal DJI Go App versions (w/osd overlay) of the recorded video show all the signal loss and breakup. I'm not clear how the camera gimbal contacts would have anything to do with the lightbridge video transmission signals. It sounds like it's a problem with the Lightbridge TX or the Remote controller. ?

Reactions: turbodronepilot
My Brand new Inspire 1 with 1.3.0 FW is doing the same thing. I am getting intermittent low or no signal on the Video channels. My recorded video is fine but the internal DJI Go App versions (w/osd overlay) of the recorded video show all the signal loss and breakup. I'm not clear how the camera gimbal contacts would have anything to do with the lightbridge video transmission signals. It sounds like it's a problem with the Lightbridge TX or the Remote controller. ?
This is a different problem to the one described above which is no signal at all. (But actually meaning no fpv feed from the camera).
The term 'signal' is misleading and I have asked DJI if they can change it because they interchange the word to mean no received or low rf signal and also no video feed from the camera. - very confusing.

This is a different problem to the one described above which is no signal at all. (But actually meaning no fpv feed from the camera).
The term 'signal' is misleading and I have asked DJI if they can change it because they interchange the word to mean no received or low rf signal and also no video feed from the camera. - very confusing.

Mine is low sporatic rf signal.

Wish I had a camera to swap with but sadly no, and even if I did I would not like to take a chance on someone's camera being somehow affected by the problem I'm having. Spent all day today trying to find the cause or some fix but no go. I'm not real fond of the idea of sending it in either. Love to hear from someone at DJI so I guess I will call tech support tomorrow and take a nap. Thanks for the suggestions and anyone with anything to add I'm all ears and grounded.

Wish I had a camera to swap with but sadly no, and even if I did I would not like to take a chance on someone's camera being somehow affected by the problem I'm having. Spent all day today trying to find the cause or some fix but no go. I'm not real fond of the idea of sending it in either. Love to hear from someone at DJI so I guess I will call tech support tomorrow and take a nap. Thanks for the suggestions and anyone with anything to add I'm all ears and grounded.
What about your dealer?

I have the same issue as you Kastnet Aerial, and I've been dealing with it intermittently for several months now, until finally it will not show a video signal at all even after multiple power cycles of everything. Swapped cameras to see if that was a solution per The Editor and it seems to have solved it pretty easily. I will be trying to barter with DJI to only have to replace my camera instead of having to send my entire unit in. Let you know how it goes.

PS tell me if you notice anything interesting in my video...

Reactions: The Editor
I have the same issue as you Kastnet Aerial, and I've been dealing with it intermittently for several months now, until finally it will not show a video signal at all even after multiple power cycles of everything. Swapped cameras to see if that was a solution per The Editor and it seems to have solved it pretty easily. I will be trying to barter with DJI to only have to replace my camera instead of having to send my entire unit in. Let you know how it goes.

Yup - pretty confident this would solve this issue. I have seen it several times previously.
People should never doubt me.......except when I' m wrong :rolleyes:

Seems your faulty camera sprung to life on power down!

That's it exactly, hope I can just send the camera in. Let me know what they say. Thanks

Thanks again , Camera being sent in. Did you buy a spare camera?

Yup - pretty confident this would solve this issue. I have seen it several times previously.
People should never doubt me.......except when I' m wrong :rolleyes:

Rule #1: The Editor is ALWAYS right!

Rule #2: If by chance he is wrong, refer to rule #1!

That should be a sticky! :p

Reactions: The Editor
haha... Mrs The Editor. word.

Kastnet - I do not own a "spare" camera, but I am doing the same... sending in camera only and sadly waiting 8 weeks. (hoping for 6 though before a trip!)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips