Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

NVidia shield Tablet recall due to battery defect...

Yes, thanks for posting this. Got my RMA and confirmation e-mail, which indicates 2-4 weeks before the replacement will ship.

mTp

Got my claim filed too. Guess I'm back to the Samsung and single operator for a month. :-s thankfully I don't yet use it for work.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Just FYI. When you register for a RMA it will disable your current tablet. I got some flying to do tomorrow so I'll register mine tomorrow night. Just a heads up!!

Reactions: turbodronepilot
That's crazy they can brick the shield any time they want...

Not anytime they want. You agree to it when you submit for a replacement. You tell them its ok. Funny thing is i just updated the Shield tablet to be able to submit the claim and the update fixed my compass problem!! Oh well hope the new one is 100%.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Not anytime they want. You agree to it when you submit for a replacement. You tell them its ok. Funny thing is i just updated the Shield tablet to be able to submit the claim and the update fixed my compass problem!! Oh well hope the new one is 100%.
That's nuts...
so you tried what I recommended and it didn't work then you update it and it works ..haha. ..well I'm glad either way..
hopefully the new shield will have the pointer pointing the rite direction. .lol....

Wow that's funny they changed it. It definitely said it would disable your tablet when you hit the agree button. They must of got a lot of complaints for disabling it immediately.

Yeah I've just registered for the replacement and its not disabled my current tablet. Hopefully the new battery won't drain so fast :)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

has anyone received their replacements yet? Or maybe progress email, I haven't in the UK yet, did the RMA the day the recall came out.

has anyone received their replacements yet? Or maybe progress email, I haven't in the UK yet, did the RMA the day the recall came out.
Nope - ditto. Did same day, applied for RMA through tablet (battery number link etc)
Got confirmation straight back that a replacement would be sent......then nothing.
Maybe they have been bought out by DJI :p
Still, it hasn't burst into a fireball yet and rendered my eyeballs useless so I shall carry on using it!

No. From what I understand as soon as you turn on your replacement the old one bricks itself as soon as it connects to the internet.
Then download as many non internet reliant 'things' as you can and then never allow it to reconnect to the world wide wonder web. (That's my evil master plan anyway - whenever the replacement gets here)!

I flashed mine with CM12. No way it will get disabled now.
Although TBH I'm not going to take the risk. There must be a significant risk of fire for nVidia to take the decision to recall all of them. I'll strip it for parts as the screen could be useful.

I flashed mine with CM12. No way it will get disabled now.
Although TBH I'm not going to take the risk. There must be a significant risk of fire for nVidia to take the decision to recall all of them. I'll strip it for parts as the screen could be useful.
Is there a specific Shield version or have you loaded generic plus google etc?

Yes, I received a replacement Shield last week, but I've yet to activate it. I live in Colorado, USA. I got an e-mail when the Shield was shipped with a tracking number, it arrived about 5 days later. I also received as a separate shipment the return packaging required to ship the old one back. I did the RMA the day that the announcement was posted here in the forum, July 31st.

mTp

Last edited:
I was planning on installing a custom ROM too. I've seen some of them have slower charging profiles. I'm sure iv got a few spare LiPo safe bags around! I didn't think they would want them back but MonroePoteet has dashed that plan

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool