Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!
Reaction score
Here is our first Clip. I have been missing some more action in most of the clips Ive seen so far, so I decided to do some "fast moving" tests ;)

Of course, this one is far from being perfect! Nevertheless it would be great to hear your comments ;)

IMHO this piece in combination with the X5R will make a... outstanding tool!

The videos is very smooth, was it handheld or hard mounted on another car/bike ?

Very stable , anyway !

Reactions: CiRec
I simply jumped into the "load area" of the "ape cross" seen @t=29. handheld, getting to know the response of the osmo "tracking behaviour" (ie the response while sitting in a moving car).

jep, it is stable as hell, as long as you can manage to compensate rough vibration with your arms/hands. ie, at the moment i failed @t=130 (cause i almost fell down and shortly touched the body of the car), it wasnt that smooth anymore. i do not think the osmo is meant to be mounted onto the frame of a downhill mtb ride for example.

I simply jumped into the "load area" of the "ape cross" seen @t=29. handheld, getting to know the response of the osmo "tracking behaviour" (ie the response while sitting in a moving car).

jep, it is stable as hell, as long as you can manage to compensate rough vibration with your arms/hands. ie, at the moment i failed @t=130 (cause i almost fell down and shortly touched the body of the car), it wasnt that smooth anymore. i do not think the osmo is meant to be mounted onto the frame of a downhill mtb ride for example.
And isn't that one of the applications they have a photo of on the DJI site?

Nice looking footage. Are you using your camera from the A/C or is this a full Osmo kit with it's own camera? Have you tried the slo mo settings?

Thanks for posting!

yes, it is one of the applications DJI shows. at this moment, the only thing i can "guess": this is not the sort of shooting i would do with the osmo, especially not "hard mounted" on a downhill mtb, and never ever with a $6000 X5R ;)

yes, it will work. but IMHO not for all ages! i have not tried, and perhaps i never will. my concern at this time is: how may i get this piece waterproof? or better: "snow" proof... the winter is knocking on my doors, and ill be snowboarding soon!

sry, i do not understand what you mean with "A/C" setting. it is the osmo out of the box. slowmo is working well, but... no comparison of course to my fs700/odyssey7q setup. NO comparison.

Last edited:
I'd be interested in seeing the raw video, with no music overlay, to get an idea as to basic sound quality.

Thanks for the consideration.

first of all: do not expect any sound quality ;)

okay, while sitting on the load area of a 2stroke ape - this doesnt matter. for anything else... unusable. but this is not the goal of a great action cam, isnt it? did you ever try to use the audio from a drone flight?

maybe i will have some time to upload a "raw" portion of this clip soon.

thanks for your interest ;)

first of all: do not expect any sound quality ;)

okay, while sitting on the load area of a 2stroke ape - this doesnt matter. for anything else... unusable. but this is not the goal of a great action cam, isnt it? did you ever try to use the audio from a drone flight?

maybe i will have some time to upload a "raw" portion of this clip soon.

thanks for your interest ;)

Thanks, just trying to get an idea of what to expect, determine if any action recorded with sound is worth anything at all...or, would it all have to be overdubbed with something else, etc.

Thanks again...

you should definitely use an external microphone if audio is a concern. unfortunately, i do not even own any device that may directly be plugged into the input of the osmo. the osmo isnt built for audio.

even my sony HXR-NX70 bought in 2010 had a far better built in audio interface. if audio is a concern: use a dedicated device...

the osmo isnt built for audio.

From the DJI website:

"...An integrated microphone allows onboard audio recording. With advanced controls like audio gain settings, you can be sure you’re not only getting the shot but also capturing the sound. A standard 3.5mm port is also available, so you can plug in your own microphone."

I know I can plug in my own microphone...but, the question still revolves around the native sound device that is built into the Osmo.

I didn't mean to put you out regarding time or effort...

Perhaps someone else can provide a sample Osmo video with native sound.

Thanks again.

there are many clips available. regarding sound they...

build your own opinion ;)

i just picked the first one i dound browsing these forums...

PS: all audio in our clip has been recorded with the built in microphone. okay, its only the disturbing sound of a 2-stroke engine, glued into a great track. no(i)sebleed section. maybe a sign to dji, to build a better audio interface?

m2c: it is fine as it is ;)

Nice edit although too long and the music is....well ...
Smart kids to not take each other out.

Indeed, had to speed that up a bit... ND filter would have been welcome too to keep the shutter speed where it looks good.

Nice edit although too long and the music is....well ...
Smart kids to not take each other out.

Well... youre absolutely right, I didnt think too much about the lyrics. This is one of the (dis?)advantages being native german speaking: you do not have to listen to the lyrics oft most songs ;)

Glad lou like it anyways!

Indeed, had to speed that up a bit... ND filter would have been welcome too to keep the shutter speed where it looks good.

I agree, it is a bit long. At this time i did not own ND filters for the X3. But I soon will ;) On the other hand, Im not sure it would have helped a lot, cause light conditions changed a lot while driving in circles...

Sound quality is what is keeping this thing out of my Shopping Cart. The sound clips that I've heard have been terrible.

The camera has a built in fan that turns on almost immediately. The fan makes any sound recorded on the internal mic unusable for anything outside of syncing sound at an event. Even with lavalier directly on the speaker, the fan will be very noticeable. The Osmo is not a tool to be used when sound is a primary consideration.

Reactions: CiRec
The camera has a built in fan that turns on almost immediately. The fan makes any sound recorded on the internal mic unusable for anything outside of syncing sound at an event. Even with lavalier directly on the speaker, the fan will be very noticeable. The Osmo is not a tool to be used when sound is a primary consideration.
This describes my opinion regarding the audio perfectly. Hopefully the fan noise is far lower with the X5...

From the DJI website:

"...An integrated microphone allows onboard audio recording. With advanced controls like audio gain settings, you can be sure you’re not only getting the shot but also capturing the sound. A standard 3.5mm port is also available, so you can plug in your own microphone."

I know I can plug in my own microphone...but, the question still revolves around the native sound device that is built into the Osmo.

I didn't mean to put you out regarding time or effort...

Perhaps someone else can provide a sample Osmo video with native sound.

Thanks again.

btw, although far from professional quality, a cheap $2 microphone like one of these gives you much better audio quality and isolation from fan noise than the internal mic.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0056KHG74?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry