Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Over the White House now??

Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/26/politics/white-house-device-secret-service/

Looks like people are getting crazy. No UAVs are allowed in DC period so this is pretty nuts.

I am sure the White House has a bubble of radio interference around it. It would be too easy for the wrong people to do bad things. They also need/must have some sort of EMP gun. This could create too many issues in the future. I know I have thought about how people could ruin this for me so I must not be the only one. I can think of a dozen scenarios where someone could do something REALLY bad and hurt a lot of people if they wanted to.

I still think there should be some sort of licensing with testing like a drivers license. Your number should be on your devices. I know there are still plenty of ways bad people can do things like this but at least the good people who made mistakes could be held liable.

In case the URL changes:
Washington (CNN)The U.S. Secret Service is investigating a "device," described as a small drone, found on the grounds of the White House, a White House official said Monday, and Press Secretary Josh Earnest said early indications are that the device does not pose an ongoing threat.
The Secret Service is sweeping the White House grounds on Monday morning looking for anything else that might be on the ground.
President Barack Obama and the first lady are both away, traveling in India with Earnest.
No, you can't fly drones over the White House
Flying drones is illegal in the District of Columbia. Additional details were not immediately available.

Just Watched
How close can a drone fly to your plane?
More Videos ...
How close can a drone fly to your plane? 01:49
PLAY VIDEO
The Secret Service patrolling the grounds of the White House has been in the national spotlight for the past year ever since a man managed to hop the fence and get inside the White House itself through an unlocked door. The incident led to the resignation of the Secret Service's director and reassignment of other top level officials.
An independent report commissioned by the Department of Homeland Security said in its executive summary said the department was stretched "beyond its limits" late last year.

I truly hope the idiot flying there lost a ton of money, gets caught and fined bigtime. People like that can ruin a good thing for us all.

If the Secret Service were flying it we would not have heard of it because they (the Secret Service) would have "kept it quiet" rather than communicating the security breach up the chain to the point where the President's Press Secretary makes a statement. In this case I am sure the Feds will bring charges - Feds as in FBI, not FAA. I do think the FAA needs to fine recreational (hobbyist) pilots who violate the FAA rules and publicize their action. If they do not, then I guarantee local governments (City, County, etc.) will pass quickly laws prohibiting ANY drone flights in their jurisdiction. If they do that any policeman driving by a park, open area, or even my property can easily seen a flying drone. Then he gets out of his car, watches a few minutes, and arrests or tickets me. We do not want local government to pass and enforce such laws - if the FAA enforces the rules "on the books" local governments will not be forced "by public opinion" to pass additional laws.

If the Secret Service were flying it we would not have heard of it because they (the Secret Service) would have "kept it quiet" rather than communicating the security breach up the chain to the point where the President's Press Secretary makes a statement. In this case I am sure the Feds will bring charges - Feds as in FBI, not FAA. I do think the FAA needs to fine recreational (hobbyist) pilots who violate the FAA rules and publicize their action. If they do not, then I guarantee local governments (City, County, etc.) will pass quickly laws prohibiting ANY drone flights in their jurisdiction. If they do that any policeman driving by a park, open area, or even my property can easily seen a flying drone. Then he gets out of his car, watches a few minutes, and arrests or tickets me. We do not want local government to pass and enforce such laws - if the FAA enforces the rules "on the books" local governments will not be forced "by public opinion" to pass additional laws.

The Secret Service would not let anyone know if was them. They would just blame it on someone else!

The Secret Service patrols the grounds constantly. An officer spots the crashed drone. He calls for support (bomb maybe?). It is quietly examined - remember it's 3AM. The discovery immediately goes up the food chain. At a high level the decision is made to make a public announcement. You think maybe a Secret Service officer was flying his drone on the South Lawn during a coffee break? Well... now that I suggest that....

First: of all its no a drone.
Second: it still a non news story other than to make RC Copters look bad.
Third: it could have been anyone flying it.
Fourth: just because they founded on the WH grounds did not mean it was spying oh the WH

And now the Istanbul airport!! One of the busiest in Europe!! People are nuts.

"I did it because I wanted to show people how anyone could..."

Hopefully he jumps off a cliff to show that anyone could if they wanted.

Looks like those new regulations will get kicked into high gear now..maybe....more pain for our pleasure...

I crashed my phantom 3x because of prop guards. Once drunk with no guards. But not over the white house just downed around the way.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop