Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Panning with the i2

I was actually more taken by the ultra slowmo in the middle. Looked like 120fps. Question is with the low light, that kind of frame rate requires a very fast shutter so as not turn (the trucks in this case) into little blur balls. also, I was expecting more digital noise. My guess is a good deal of post-production going on here, but that's only a guess?

Reactions: slim.slamma
I was expecting more digital noise. My guess is a good deal of post-production going on here, but that's only a guess?
El Mode kept the noise in check I’m guessing. I’m Shocked myself
I believe it set itself to 800 iso
I was actually more taken by the ultra slowmo in the middle. Looked like 120fps.
4444xq
No 120fps sadly. Shot @30fps
Slow mo was set in fcpx.
It was too dark to double the shutter speed so I stuck with 30.

El Mode kept the noise in check I’m guessing. I’m Shocked myself
I believe it set itself to 800 iso

4444xq
No 120fps sadly. Shot @30fps
Slow mo was set in fcpx.
It was too dark to double the shutter speed so I stuck with 30.
Very nicely done. So regarding the slomo, FCP can slow down 30 fps with that level of fluidity? Surprising!
One more silly question. Why 4444xq over DNG raw? I ask because I have done many tests comparing the 2 and other than a much larger file size for the 4444xq I saw no real difference in quality and in some cases felt like dynamic range ie. highlight recovery was a tad better. Although I won't swear to it. Anyway based on that I stopped shooting it. Perhaps I should reconsider?

Perhaps I should reconsider?
I’m cheap that extra 1k for the other license, **** man. Maybe next month:)
Very nicely done. So regarding the slomo, FCP can slow down 30 fps with that level of fluidity? Surprising!
Thank you Sir;)
Optic flow but can only be done if the speed is custom set. So that’s why I added slomo;)
I’m learning how to play big boys slowly but surely.
Why 4444xq over DNG raw?
I shot a Hyperlapse of the GW originally. Had some battery juice at the end so I figured I’d shoot some video to compare.

Ya know, if you want to shoot really nice stuff and don't want to fly or the weather is bad, Have you considered shooting with your I2 on a tripod? I do it a lot as in many ways it's as good as or better than my GH5s. Plus because you can control the camera remotely you can do some great slow and controlled camera moves.
I shot this a few weeks ago. DNG raw (4444xq would be just a good) at 48fps with the I2 outside on my tripod, while I was inside sipping Scotch by the fire!

Rock on slim.slamma!!!!
You will really enjoy it. It's also a great way to work on it. Note to mention that if you store it that way (I put mine in the landing gear fully up position with blades on) it makes for a great conversation piece.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44