Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Personal best distance test

Actually it's not a regulation, it's a recommendation.
It is a rule or regulation as stated by the FAA or, are you one of those people that believe that income taxes are a request or suggestion...

"
The FAA is issuing this interpretation because we have received many inquiries regarding the scope of the special rule for model aircraft in section 336 of the FAA Modernization and Reform Act of 2012 and the FAA’s enforcement authority over model aircraft as affirmed by the statute. In this interpretation, we explain the history of FAA oversight of model aircraft operations and the new statutory requirements that apply to model aircraft operations, and then clarify how the FAA intends to apply its enforcement authority to model aircraft operations that endanger the safety of the National Airspace System (NAS). "

And you can support that assertion with what objective evidence?
Direct from the faa website.

Model Aircraft Operations

Individuals flying for hobby or recreation are strongly encouraged to follow safety guidelines, which include:

• Fly below 400 feet and remain clear of surrounding obstacles
  • Keep the aircraft within visual line of sight at all times
  • Remain well clear of and do not interfere with manned aircraft operations
  • Don't fly within 5 miles of an airport unless you contact the airport and control tower before flying
  • Don't fly near people or stadiums
  • Don't fly an aircraft that weighs more than 55 lbs
  • Don't be careless or reckless with your unmanned aircraft – you could be fined for endangering people or other aircraft

Direct from the faa website.

Model Aircraft Operations

Individuals flying for hobby or recreation are strongly encouraged to follow safety guidelines, which include:

• Fly below 400 feet and remain clear of surrounding obstacles
  • Keep the aircraft within visual line of sight at all times
  • Remain well clear of and do not interfere with manned aircraft operations
  • Don't fly within 5 miles of an airport unless you contact the airport and control tower before flying
  • Don't fly near people or stadiums
  • Don't fly an aircraft that weighs more than 55 lbs
  • Don't be careless or reckless with your unmanned aircraft – you could be fined for endangering people or other aircraft
See just recommendations @DennisR

PM me if you are interested in joining a discrete long distance group (by invite only). Be prepared to show a LD flight record and use your real name, as the group is made up of only very senior RC fliers and aliases are not permitted.

Posting LD BLOS flights publicly here will only draw fire.

For the skeptics, you should be aware that BLOS and FPV flight are actually both included and allowed for in the US AIRR Act legislation making its way through the process.

The key is to do it safely.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...ggvMAU&usg=AFQjCNHMlWa156DdGMXCsZ8zQrC3_yFZiw

Skynet1 this is not directed at you.. only Just to the negative critics that posted.

FORGET ABOUT ME POSTING ANYMORE OF MY TESTING WITH MY EQUIPMENT .

SECONDLY I HAD 2 GOOD FRIENDS ON THIER BOATS AT ALL 3 OF THE ISLANDS I FLEW OVER MAKING VISUAL CONTACT WITH THE CRAFT. ALL OF THEM FOLLOWED IT BACK TO THE HOME POINT ON THE RETURN.

THE TEST WAS OVER OPEN WATER, UNINHABITED ISLANDS, NO HOUSES, NO PEOPLE, ONLY FISH .

IM NO IDIOT. I WOULDNT PUT ANYONE OR PROPERTY IN DANGER.

GO FIGURE IT OUT FOR YOURSELVES.

I HAVE OVER 200 FLIGHTS WITH THIS INSPIRE OVER 600 FLIGHTS WITH MY OLD INSPIRE AND A CUMULATIVE 2000 FLIGHTS WITH MY PHANTOM(S) AND STILL HAVE ALL IN MY GARAGE WITH NO LOSSES OR CRASHES.

KINDA FIGURED THERE WOULD HAVE BEEN SOME NEGATIVE THINKING PEOPLE LURKING.

TYPICAL NEVATIVE COMMENTS FROM ANOTHER A FORUM SIGHT.

NO WONDER I DONT PARTICIPATE ON FORUMS.

Found ur post very informing and interesting!! AMAZING DISTANCE!! Thanks for sharing and screw dem punks ha!

HELLO guys.

This info might help anyone wondering about distance for the INSPIRE 1 V2.O. stock antenna. I still had full signal video and RC when i turned around. Very interesting with the amount of battery power to reach the 16969ft (3.2miles) 26%. Then with the light headwind coming back AND I mean hardly any wind took up 48% of the battery. We need to keep that in mind, even a slight wind makes a big difference. Landed with 26% battery left. For a round trip of 33603ft (6.36 MILES) I AM IMPRESSED

BATTERY : TB48 100% charge
WIND: very light, not enough to hold a flag up.
View attachment 6626
View attachment 6627

infoVery impressive!

Can you provide any other points of interest regarding your flight.

1. It appears you had been flying the latest version of Inspire, V2.0, however, was it a T-600 model, with the newer version radio GL658-C, or Inspire T-601 model with the same model radio.

2. Terrain, & Location, what part of the world this flight occurred, for those having some difficulty associating the particular area from the map info. you've provided. Was the flight mostly over flat land, with minimal obstructions, and radio interference. etc.

3. What version of firmware is loaded on the radio & Inspire, as well as the camera App & version used if known.

4. The altitude the flight was flown. Had you begun your flight at at a specific altitude, and then gained altitude as the models distance became further away.

5. Weather conditions, aside from wind speed as mentioned.

6. Any other facts or conditions that may have influenced the overall result of the flight.

Regards,
Impressive flight; thank you for sharing.
I have the original Inspire and fly in the Arctic. I use it for prospecting so I tend to stay close to the surface (about 40'/50') but some of the ranges I explore are slightly over 800' ASL. Most of the time the drone is a speck, often significantly below where I am walking (I usually climb the range and launch the drone from the high point).

Reactions: Chris McCorkel
HELLO guys.

This info might help anyone wondering about distance for the INSPIRE 1 V2.O. stock antenna. I still had full signal video and RC when i turned around. Very interesting with the amount of battery power to reach the 16969ft (3.2miles) 26%. Then with the light headwind coming back AND I mean hardly any wind took up 48% of the battery. We need to keep that in mind, even a slight wind makes a big difference. Landed with 26% battery left. For a round trip of 33603ft (6.36 MILES) I AM IMPRESSED

BATTERY : TB48 100% charge
WIND: very light, not enough to hold a flag up.
View attachment 6626
View attachment 6627

Just wanted to say thanks for sharing your experience and the details of your flight. I found the distance incredible and it would really be cool to see the video. Looks like a few egos got bruised so they decided to start acting like they have an obligation to point out all the "rules" you broke. Don't let them prevent you from posting more. You live in a beautiful area of the country. As a matter of fact I lost my first Phantom in the ocean when we rented a house in Big Pine Key.

Do you have a site or Youtube channel where you share your videos?

Thanks, Brad J.

And to many clowns that think they need to tell people what and what they can't do. I am 53 years old and I don't need you and anyone else to tell me what I can and can't do. Live your own live and some how get happy! Maybe one of those tooth less girls will go out on a date with you!
Amen
Well said
I started this topic to confirm the distance that DJI says these copters can be flown with stock equipment and it got turned into a (Shame On You for doing such a thing)

Amen
Well said
I started this topic to confirm the distance that DJI says these copters can be flown with stock equipment and it got turned into a (Shame On You for doing such a thing)

I am a brand new Inspire 1 owner and found this post very informative. As a landscape photographer I have no desire to fly such distances but it's very comforting to know that the equipment has that capability.

I agree that it's a tremendous shame many people find the need to politicise every discussion - forums have a way of attracting key board warriors.

I live in Australia and we have PLENTY of room in this place called 'the outback' to come and fly any distance or altitude you desire without fear or worry of safety, regulation or recourse - feel free to come over any time ;)

Thanks again - Jay

Reactions: slim.slamma
I am a brand new Inspire 1 owner and found this post very informative. As a landscape photographer I have no desire to fly such distances but it's very comforting to know that the equipment has that capability.

I agree that it's a tremendous shame many people find the need to politicise every discussion - forums have a way of attracting key board warriors.

I live in Australia and we have PLENTY of room in this place called 'the outback' to come and fly any distance or altitude you desire without fear or worry of safety, regulation or recourse - feel free to come over any time ;)

Thanks again - Jay
As long as you fly in the outback, its not a problem. Otherwise the rules here are very strict.

@WILLIAM BAKER you have only made 4 posts on the community 50% of which have been deleted due to their abusive content - can we please put an end to the personal attacks?

Thank You.

Skynet1 this is not directed at you.. only Just to the negative critics that posted.

FORGET ABOUT ME POSTING ANYMORE OF MY TESTING WITH MY EQUIPMENT .

SECONDLY I HAD 2 GOOD FRIENDS ON THIER BOATS AT ALL 3 OF THE ISLANDS I FLEW OVER MAKING VISUAL CONTACT WITH THE CRAFT. ALL OF THEM FOLLOWED IT BACK TO THE HOME POINT ON THE RETURN.

THE TEST WAS OVER OPEN WATER, UNINHABITED ISLANDS, NO HOUSES, NO PEOPLE, ONLY FISH .

IM NO IDIOT. I WOULDNT PUT ANYONE OR PROPERTY IN DANGER.

GO FIGURE IT OUT FOR YOURSELVES.

I HAVE OVER 200 FLIGHTS WITH THIS INSPIRE OVER 600 FLIGHTS WITH MY OLD INSPIRE AND A CUMULATIVE 2000 FLIGHTS WITH MY PHANTOM(S) AND STILL HAVE ALL IN MY GARAGE WITH NO LOSSES OR CRASHES.

KINDA FIGURED THERE WOULD HAVE BEEN SOME NEGATIVE THINKING PEOPLE LURKING.

TYPICAL NEVATIVE COMMENTS FROM ANOTHER A FORUM SIGHT.

NO WONDER I DONT PARTICIPATE ON FORUMS.
Enjoy flying. Be safe!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THE FLYING LIZARD